The Lost Diaries of Young Indiana Jones?

dameain

Does anyone, remember, or know about a proposed book called "The Lost Diaries of Young Indiana Jones", i remember seeing an add for it in a 1993 Boylife, and it said coming soon, but i never heard anything else on it, can anyone else shead light on it? :confused:

Stoo

I've seen this title listed on various websites - always under "Miscellaneous"
with no information other than:

"Lost Diaries of Young Indiana Jones"
by Eric D. Weiner, 1994
1-880-53810-5

Seems pretty obscure to me! Hope this helps you in your quest.
Let us know if you ever track it down...

I just did several searches at a few online book search engines, and nothing is brought up by the Title of the book and the ISBN number seems to be unknown. This makes me believe that this book was never published.

dameain

I looked it up on Amazon.com, and i found it listed as Out of Print, so that leds me to believe that due to the difficulty in tracking it done, it was in print only for an exteremly short time.

dameain

I think it was supposed to be an add on to the YIJC, written in a diary format, and give more depth to the stories that they had made and the ones they were going to make. That is just my interpretation of the add that I saw.

Stoo

Did the ad feature any artwork?

(On a side note: If there was a replica of Young Indy's journal/diary,
as seen in the show, I'd buy it).

dameain

Sorry i don't think it did. All i remember from the add was it was maybe 2 Inchs wide by 4 long on the side of a page, and it showed the name, a background logo of a composs, and a the indy diary from the show on the center, and at the bottom word like, coming soon, or something like that. Sorry thats the best i can do, i have not seen the original add, in five years and i found it again in a picture that i took of it but it is not that clearist.

Icybro

Sorry i don't think it did. All i remember from the add was it was maybe 2 Inchs wide by 4 long on the side of a page, and it showed the name, a background logo of a composs, and a the indy diary from the show on the center, and at the bottom word like, coming soon, or something like that. Sorry thats the best i can do, i have not seen the original add, in five years and i found it again in a picture that i took of it but it is not that clearist.

First time I've ever paid money for a magazine clipping, but here's the ad:

lostjournalsads.jpg

I actually pre-ordered this book from my local bookstore, way back when, and was really disappointed when they told me it had been cancelled. I first I thought maybe the publisher had gone out of business . . . Donovan specialized in pricey multimedia packages: CD-ROMs/VHS tapes bundled with their books. Actually, I thought the the Diaries were supposed to come with audiocassettes or something, but the ad doesn't mention it. Anyway, it looks like the Friz Freleng book listed as "Coming Soon" eventually was published, so I suspect they pulled the plug on the Diaries when Young Indy's TV ratings failed to meet expectations.

But the ad sure looks cool, huh? :cool:

Icybro

Fun tidbit: I did a little digging, and I think there's a good chance the author of this book (listed on Amazon as "Eric D. Weiner") went on to co-create Dora the Explorer.

So even though Indy didn't lead him to fortune and glory, he eventually got there all by himself ;)