APRIL FOOL!!! Further Adventures of Indiana Jones #35

DoomTown

Wait a sec, Juniors fine print block at the bottom of his issue 35 says "published monthly". FAOIJ was published bi-monthly (Like Stoo mentioned) AND SAYS SO in the fine print for the last few issues. And no "Stan Lee presents:" before the title??? More fishiness. ;)

Last edited:

Stoo

JuniorJones said:
Do go on...Mr. Columbo.:D :D :D :D
Columbo?:confused: Peter Falk's shabby dress ain't my style (and that looks like my homeboy Montrealer, Captain Kirk/William Shatner).

I thought you had pegged me as Jason King/Peter Wyngarde from "Department S"!:p

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KB3F059khLE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
DoomTown said:
Wait a sec, Juniors fine print block at the bottom says "published monthly". FAOIJ was published bi-monthly (Like Stoo mentioned) at this point. And no "Stan Lee Presents:" before the title??? More fishy-ness...;)
Nice catch, Keith!:hat: The mystery thickens with every, pulsating moment...

Last edited:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
This is all very interesting, but what's your point...Mr King!:D :D :D :D

2.jpg
#

Okay you be King, l'll be Shat...

Stoo

Shat, my man, what's the deal with the cover price (and other inconsistencies)?:confused:

Last edited:

yodazone

Woah! Marvel Indy #35?!! I want to believe!! But the inside page looks too clean and white! Who's the cover artist???

:D

If that's real, that is the score of the century.

(y)

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
yodazone said:
Woah! Marvel Indy #35?!! I want to believe!! But the inside page looks too clean and white! Who's the cover artist???

If that's real, that is the score of the century.

(y)

Read the threads dear boy! "Terrific" Tom Palmer

9.jpg

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
Shat, my man, what's the deal with the cover price (and other inconsistencies)?:confused:

I guess it time to fess...:( :( :( :(

tve15716-19761010-78.jpg

On to a new Thread...

(Oh! Shat! How your comedy faces could not support me in my moment of need!)

Stoo

yodazone said:
But the inside page looks too clean and white!
Agreed, yodazone. The CMYK values for the white areas of the inside page are:

0% - C (Cyan)
0% - M (Magenta)
0% - Y (Yellow)
0% - K (Black)

An untouched scan of comic-book-paper-stock would NEVER be 100% white!:whip:
JuniorJones said:
I guess it time to fess...:( :( :( :(
Just saw your reply, Junior...Right away, I KNEW that the cover was a fake. Thanks for wasting my time, you impish bastard!:D

Last edited:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
It’s time to fess up!!

APRIL FOOL!!:D :D

The idea was that bizarre and obvious that I thought it would be dismissed out of hand.

If anyone would have taken the time to investigate or even search through their own collections they would have known that the Martians were not really attacking and it was a crock of Shat!

But you've all been stars. So, in true Murder Mystery style...I will reveal all before the blues and twos take me away!

It was a cold and stormy night...

yodazone

Stoo said:
Agreed, yodazone. The CMYK values for the white areas of the inside page are:

0% - C (Cyan)
0% - M (Magenta)
0% - Y (Yellow)
0% - K (Black)

An untouched scan of comic-book-paper-stock would NEVER be 100%

And on the inside page, the "Trapped!" title looks like it's floating on the page. I can see computer pixels on the edges!

"It's a trap!!" - (A. Ackbar - 1983)

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
Just saw your reply, Junior...Right away, I KNEW that the cover was a fake. Thanks for wasting my time, you impish bastard!:D

If anyone was going to bring me down I'm glad it was you. :D

I sent you the e-mail weeks ago for you to check for errors, as I know you are super hot on the puzzles I put on the thread. Unfortuantely, you mis-intrepretated my intention even though I said it was expected on 1st APRIL!:D

I just thought you were to busy solving international crimes to respond!!

We could have had them going for weeks...alas, it was not to be...still there's always next year...I'm already planning...

So, I would have got away with it if it wasn't for you pesky Stoo!

I guess it time to crack these open!!

handcuffs.jpg

yodazone

Funny prank....it got me searching on ebay. :D

If anyone has the orignial art pages to all of Indy #35, it would make for a great forum project. A "print on demand" fan comic project or something. I'd buy it!

:whip: :gun: :cool:

Stoo

JuniorJones said:
The idea was that bizarre and obvious that I thought it would be dismissed out of hand.

If anyone would have taken the time to investigate or even search through their own collections they would have known that the Martians were not really attacking and it was a crock of Shat.
Not in my case, Junior. I dismissed it as a fake 3 weeks ago when you sent me that e-mail and debunked it today.;) That said, your prank was an effective exercise in showing how naive & gullible some people can be.

Jason King would be proud of my investigation, don't you think?;)