How would the Indiana Jones franchise been different if...

Goodsport

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp ... Al Pacino had auditioned and beaten out both Harrison Ford and Tom Selleck for the coveted lead role in Raiders of the Lost Ark? :confused:

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Pacino is only about two years older than Ford, so it's not that implausable of a question, right? :cool:

-G

Goodsport

00Kevin said:
Are you drunk?

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp No more than you, it seems. Reading comprehension is apparently the first thing to go when intoxicated, eh? :p

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp I never wrote that Al Pacino was offered the role, just wondering how his style would have made Indiana Jones different.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp So what's the answer? :confused:

-G

[Edited by Goodsport on 06-30-2003 at 11:44 am]

wolfgang

Well, he might've been good if you exclude the fact that Harrison Ford was destened for that role. But I can't picture Al with Indy's bear.....is not a real bear but you know...the unshaven thing.

Goodsport

wolfgang said:
Well, he might've been good if you exclude the fact that Harrison Ford was destened for that role. But I can't picture Al with Indy's bear.....is not a real bear but you know...the unshaven thing.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp I know what you mean. I can't remember which movie it was I saw that had Al Pacino with a beard (it might have been Serpico), but he definitely didn't look Indiana Jones-like with it. :eek:

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Althought it would have been interesting to see Al Pacino's inflections when speaking as Indiana Jones, such as: "It's not the years... it's THE MILEAGE!!!" (he probably would've needed a throat lozenge after every scene filmed). :D

-G

00Kevin

Indyfan
Goodsport said:
I never wrote that Al Pacino was offered the role

neither did I.........and BTW: 'Are you Drunk' is my famous line whenever some come up with a strange Idea

Goodsport

00Kevin said:
neither did I.........and BTW: 'Are you Drunk' is my famous line whenever some come up with a strange Idea

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Oh... sorry about the misunderstanding. :(

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Goodsport said:
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Marlon Brando as Marcus Brody and Robert DeNiro as Sallah? :confused:

-G

No, Brando would be Henry. Of course, by that, DeNiro would be Young Henry, but I'm not going to use that.

We'll say DeNiro is Sallah, I guess.

Robert Duvall is Marcus.

Diane Keaton is Marion, I suppose.

Okay, anyone else think this is somewhat ridiculous?

Eli Wallach as the Grail Knight?

There, it's ridiculous.

Goodsport

Attila the Professor said:
Diane Keaton is Marion, I suppose.

Okay, anyone else think this is somewhat ridiculous?
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Why would have casting Diane Keaton as Marion been ridiculous? Was she already too well known from The Godfather and Woody Allen films by that point to be a convincing Marion (considering that Lucas usually likes to cast somewhat-unknowns, which led to his initial casting of Tom Selleck as Indiana Jones)? :confused:

Attila the Professor said:
Eli Wallach as the Grail Knight?

There, it's ridiculous.
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Would Wallach's casting have been ridiculous because he wouldn't have been able to fake a British accent? :confused:

-G

Attila the Professor

Staff member
apalehorse said:
Does that make Joe Pesci "Belloq?"

BBBWWAAAAAHHHHHH!

Oh that would be hilarious!

Well, I was just using people from The Godfather...but all right. ;)

Goodsport, that was rather out of character for me.

If I have offended you, than I am sorry.