Future Indiana Jones Lego

What future Lego Indy sets would you prefer?

• Raven bar

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Ark tabernacle

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Life raft

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Bug tunnel, spike room

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Rock crusher, maharajah with krtya

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Circus train caboose, water tank spout

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Venice catacombs

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Brunwald Castle fireplace

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Tank chase

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Grail Temple trials and knight's chamber

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Rocket sled, crate, sedan

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Fridge and nuclear bomb

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

lao che & sons

fixer79 said:
You probably mean the Johnny Thunder Adventurers set. That was a great set indeed!

I wonder how LEGO would handle the TOD elephant trek...
To be true to the movie, they'd have to put in three elephants. I kinda doubt they'll do that. All past 'big animal' LEGO sets have always featured just one animal, like the one Dewback in the Mos Eisley set and the one Tauntaun in the new Hoth set.

I'd really be surprised if they'll actually give us three elephants in one set.
I hope they do though. That'd be just great! :)

lego would do it, but it would cost around $30 and there would have to be a new piece made for a small elephant. The set can be made and it would sell alot for people wanted to build a zoo or get extra animals.
I can't wait for the Pics Trennas!!!

Agent Z

A Doom Town set...just because it's hilarious picturing kids working for days building it..and then making siren noises and intercom announcements at the end and walking from one side of it to the other, kicking it to bits. :p

Trennas

It should feature a fridge, at least :p

Been busy with the Von Beck Digger Tank and I now have the base complete. The tracks were a hell to figure out, but it came together nicely. Here's a quick shot from earlier today, when I wasn't quite that far yet:

5082_1019990917738_1764134648_37808_3967055_n.jpg

col.dietrich

i would love this!
$40-(KotCS)Peru Playset
includes:
3 ant hills, 50 ants, indy, mac, mutt, marion, spalko, 2 russians, dovchenko, russian truck, duck car, jungle area and big ant hill clearing!;)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
col.dietrich said:
i would love this!
$40-(KotCS)Peru Playset
includes:
3 ant hills, 50 ants, indy, mac, mutt, marion, spalko, 2 russians, dovchenko, russian truck, duck car, jungle area and big ant hill clearing!;)

Not gonna happen. They've covered most of this already. Not in perfect synch with the film, no, but this definitely wouldn't happen next year.

Crack that whip

Also, a set with all that in it wouldn't have a $40 price point; it'd be a lot higher. The minifigs alone would bump the price up considerably.

In their other Lucasfilm-licensed theme, they do revisit vehicles and locales every so often, so I do think there's a slight possibility they'd revisit the jungle action from KotCS, though I don't know how likely it is.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Crack that whip said:
In their other Lucasfilm-licensed theme, they do revisit vehicles and locales every so often, so I do think there's a slight possibility they'd revisit the jungle action from KotCS, though I don't know how likely it is.

Yeah, I've noticed that (but I suppose I didn't point it out). At any rate, the line would really need some legs to ever get to the point where they treat the jungle chase sequence more accurately.

lao che & sons

col.dietrich said:
i would love this!
$40-(KotCS)Peru Playset
includes:

This will eot happen. I'm really sorry but I know lego won't produce 50 ants. I'm thinking a small $10 set with dovchenko (no hat), indy, ants, an ant hill and 1 or 2 trees. And then a $30-$40 set called jungle chase with spalkos car, a duck, spalko, mutt, oxley (with skull), marion, indy and 2 soldiers. This way you can get all of the jungle adventures in a more accurate set ;). I really think that eventually they will redo to old KOTCS sets starting with the cemtery this year, then next year they should do the rocket sled and area 51 and the motorcycle chase then the year after that start redoing the jungle scenes.(y)

Crack that whip

Attila the Professor said:
Yeah, I've noticed that (but I suppose I didn't point it out). At any rate, the line would really need some legs to ever get to the point where they treat the jungle chase sequence more accurately.

I think it depends in part upon just how large a set it would be. For sets over $60 or so, I think they'll go only with either highly iconic scenes (the combined Temple of Doom parts in the Temple of Doom set, for example), or do major scenes from a new movie in current release (as with the Temple of the Crystal Skull set). With KotCS perhaps not held in quite the same regard as the "original trilogy," I think it's somewhat unlikely we'll get another really huge set from it, but I do think a mid-sized set around $40 or $50 would be possible, and it could conceivably be a two-vehicle set from the jungle chase with most or all of the major characters. I certainly would appreciate it if they did it - it would probably be our best bet for getting Mac and/or Ox. As you say, though, I don't think it'll be particularly soon.

Similarly, I think there are lots of fans who want specific characters officially represented in minifig form, and LEGO is probably well aware of this, but they do have a challenge in finding ideal sets to put them all in. LEGO's not going to do sets of things like offices and classrooms, or probably even the warehouse; to work as viable sets, models ideally should have various action features, moving parts, etc., and recreate scenes with lots of action or other visual interest. The warehouse is something lots of devoted fans would dig, but a set has to be a mass-market toy first and foremost, so a warehouse is unlikely, since most kids aren't going to be too excited by a bunch of stacks of boxes. The same goes for most college / university scenes.

Considering those very issues, then, I think our best bet for getting Marcus would be something from the tank battle / chase; possibly the same for Sallah. Not sure about a Raiders Sallah, but perhaps if / when they revisit the Well of Souls (which I do think relatively, somewhat likely - it's as iconic and memorable as they come, and while it's been done it was one of the original launch sets in the theme, so it'll be one of the first "done" scenes to turn into a "it's been ages since we could get a ____ set" set, and there's a fair bit of room for improving and expanding upon the original set).

I'd like to see the Raven represented, though I don't think they'd do that as a large set - since the tavern itself wouldn't be loaded with action features, I could see them doing it as a smaller set, around $10 to $25, featuring just a section of the bar and maybe one or two tables, with a handful of minifigs (Marion, Indy, a henchman or two, and yes, Toht).

fixer79

Trennas said:
It should feature a fridge, at least :p

Been busy with the Von Beck Digger Tank and I now have the base complete. The tracks were a hell to figure out, but it came together nicely. Here's a quick shot from earlier today, when I wasn't quite that far yet:

5082_1019990917738_1764134648_37808_3967055_n.jpg

Good job there, Trennas! I like it! :)

Trennas

fixer79 said:
Good job there, Trennas! I like it! :)

Thanks Fixer! I spent a little more time on it today and actually managed to finish it too! This is what the final version looks like:

12460375351_DISPLAY.jpg

If you want to see the rest of the pictures too, you can check them out HERE! :D

Dewy9

I'm hoping that, if they even make another wave, it'll include some the of the big guns (or goons). Marcus, Sallah, Toht, Walter Donovan, Vogel, Mac, and Oxley.

I'd really love to see a warehouse set from KOTCS. As crazy as I am, I bought about 30 of the 3x4 (I think) crates from S@H Pick a Brick. I think that could be a good $20-$30 set with a pile of crates (or bricks to look like crates) and the Jeep Spalko/ Indy drives. Maybe some mechanism to make the bricks fly in the air like when he drove through them. Add in some rafters, and that would be one bad set.

Hans

I would like to see more temple of doom and the last crusade along with more cyrstalskull like the dommsday town.:cool:

Dewy9

I still find it funny that the LEGO line is two years in and seems to be doing well. Almost all the new sets are on backorder on LEGO Shop@Home. I was catching up on an old Force Cast from this past Christmas and Hasbro's Star Wars and Indy big shot Darrell DuPreist (spelling?) said that for Indy to sell well, it has to have some sort of media to go with it (movies, perhaps a TV series). I think the LEGO line has really proved that to be false. Hopefully we'll get another year of it.

sgttom

The bridge scene from Temple of Doom would be really cool and so would the tank chase scene from Last Crusade. I'd like to see a vogel minifigure. I for one though like making custom stuff much more then buying the sets. I'll have to post my custom Lego Indy stuff soon.

MaxPhactor23

I'm thinking the Tank from Last Crusade is pretty much a sure bet. However, I'm really hoping for more playset/temple/enviorments over vehicles. Indiana Jones needs places to explore, ey? I’d love to see some add-on’s for the Temple of Doom set. A spike chamber and bug room would be nerdgasmic. The bridge scene would be difficult, but possible. Any chance to build up a cheap army of Thuggee would be welcomed, otherwise we’ll have to spend $99 for only a Thug or two. I’d also really love to see the Grail challenges in Lego form, including the Knight and false Grails. Toht in Lego form would ease the wounds of never getting one from Hasbro too.