The Emperor's Tomb

Finn

Staff member
For what it's worth, there are plenty of things in ET that are not exactly compatible with the wider canon... all the way down to stuff that even contradicts the movies. It's pretty obvious that whoever did the writing for the game was not under the same religious scrutiny the EU materials of Star Wars receive.

Finn

Staff member
To the new guy: Please use the search before opening new threads. That's how we roll here. If there's an existing thread, no matter how old it is, stick to it. Merged.

To myself, four years in the past: Now available from GOG.com. Costs peanuts, is DRM free.

My take hasn't changed much over the years: As a game, it's decent enough and fun to play. As an Indiana Jones story, it's garbage.

EvilDevo

My biggest issue with the game is the Wu Han introduction.
And maybe the lack of Doug Lee.

Otherwise I thought it was solid and leaps and bounds beyond Staff of Kings in terms of quality.

Well I am not sure if the developers ever considered hiring Doug Lee again to voice the role of Indiana Jones, I am not sure if they even remembered him from Fate.

Staff of Kings could have been so much more. I have the PS2 game for the sake adding it to my Indy games but I honestly don't want to play that game ever again.

EvilDevo

They used him in Infernal Machine, four years prior.

In any case, we're way overdue for a new, original Jones adventure.

Well Infernal Machine was still by Hal Barwood, perhaps he and his team remembered Doug Lee from the last time they worked with him.

By the time Staff of Kings was made, hadn't Hal Barwood already left Lucasarts?

Well there is of course Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth but I don't see another Indiana Jones coming so soon unless Indy 5 is made or Disney really plans to reboot the franchise.

I had hoped that Dark Horse would at least have continued with new comic mini series and installments of Indiana Jones Adventures after they started making Indy comics again.

Dyland

Big fan of this game. Still play it to this day. Love all of the Ceylon levels, as well as a few in Istanbul and Prague. :) The later levels can be really challenging, and I agree with the consensus that it goes a little off the rails in the end. Almost felt like Indiana Jones meets Big Trouble in Little China more than vanilla Indiana Jones. But still fun. Love the mechanics and models and sound design!

Dyland

That's actually really well done! Kind of wish it was a movie now. :p Great job. Definitely captures that aesthetic of a "missing" 90's Last Crusade follow up.

Jonesy9906753

I was stuck on the Instanbul level a couple of Summers ago.

This game set the bar pretty high, I hope Bethesda delivers on the next game.