Am I alone in hoping there's no Nazis?

TheMutt92

Originally Posted by Kooshmeister
What in the world are you talking about...? Are you talking to me or to TheMutt92?

Sharkey said:
To the Mutt.

And yet you quoted both of us. Be clear next time your criticizing. Helps us understand our mistakes so we can learn from them.

Indy's brother

Hell I'm in a mood today. Nazi's out. U.S. Gvt. IN. Start off with the groan-worthy shot of the american flag again, make a point of Indy's patriotism (briefly as possible) then watch his own government turn on him. By the end of the movie, Indy is cleared of whatever charges, but is forced to realize that his country isn't the same anymore. End with the (dubious) assassination of Kennedy being acknowleged or reported somewhere in the physical background, bringing the series back to some sort of an unsettling ending akin to ROTLA. That was after all a real turning point in the U.S. as far as the "Age of Innocence" is concerned. Many fans here don't think Indy can continue after that event, anyway. Instead of a long shot of the ark being wheeled away to The Raiders March, A long shot of Indy departing for some other country to continue his adventures to the March. Like boarding a train/plane/ship amongst a frenzy of people buying newspapers with the assassination on the cover. Or something. We don't need nazis. There's enough evil in the world to find something different. An opening 3rd act with a younger Indy fighting Nazis would be awesome, though.

Henry W Jones

Sharkey said:
To the Mutt.
You're just beggin for it. You should follow your own advice. If you didn't notice you weren't involved but its no surprise that someone who can't perceive depth or know CGI should be wrong again, you didn't even answer his question, (must be down syndrome).:sleep:

Come on pal...keep it up.

Quite the internet tough guy. I'll let you know when I'm frightened.

WillKill4Food

Indy's Brother said:
An opening 3rd act with a younger Indy fighting Nazis would be awesome, though.
I'm on-board with the U.S. government or factions therein as the villain, but what do you mean by "opening 3rd act"? I assume you just meant opening, like the flashback in Last Crusade?

Sharkey said:
...you didn't even answer his question, (must be down syndrome).:sleep:
I don't usually get worked up over people referring to others as "retarded" and the like, but do you realize how offensive that is? I suppose you must realize it, otherwise you wouldn't say it. I suppose you simply do not care.

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
To answer the topic question: No more Nazis for Indy 5! Make thttp://www.theraider.net/films/indy4/gallery/dvdscreenshots/030.jpghe villains Mao Tse-tung & the Chinese army.

I'd prefer that - since China is a massive country, with lots of wilderness and places where secrets can be kept. And it could also give Indy the chance to return to Shanghai.

Stoo said:
I remember a certain disco dancer stating that "Crystal Skull" was crap because it didn't have Nazis.:rolleyes:

John Travolta didn't like KOTCS? :confused:

Were the cafe Greasers not authentic enough?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
WilliamBoyd8 said:
Maybe it is time to bring Indy home to America.

:)

True, he didn't spend any time there in the past two films...

(But as far as villainy goes? Yeah, the rogue military guy is still an idea with potential. And they've even got General Ross as cover to show that they're not all like that.)

Montana Smith

Attila the Professor said:
True, he didn't spend any time there in the past two films...

(But as far as villainy goes? Yeah, the rogue military guy is still an idea with potential. And they've even got General Ross as cover to show that they're not all like that.)

Every time I hear the name 'General Ross' I think of the Hulk, and then the atomic explosion in the desert which Indy barely survives. There seems to be an obvious connection. After the explosion the Hulk is hunted by the military, and Indy himself is also distrusted for a time.

Not sure they would revisit that Indy vs the US military plot. I'd like to see him abroad with a foreign nemesis, unless #5 was bold enough to go the Hitchcock route with a North by Northwest thriller at home. (Such a tale of intrigue would better suit the more mature character, but not necessarily the audience expecting KOTCS part 2.

Lance Quazar

At the rate the "development" of this film is going, they'll soon be able to do a 1970s-era conspiracy thriller like "The Parallax View" or "3 Days of the Condor."

Heck, maybe Harrison Ford could play a dual role as a very aged Indy and, via computer technology, his character from "The Conversation."

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
At the rate the "development" of this film is going, they'll soon be able to do a 1970s-era conspiracy thriller like "The Parallax View" or "3 Days of the Condor."

Heck, maybe Harrison Ford could play a dual role as a very aged Indy and, via computer technology, his character from "The Conversation."

Or Capricorn One - if Indy makes it to 1969 he can uncover the moon landing hoax. ;)

RedeemedChild

When it comes to villains and Indiana Jones 5 I'd like to see something along the lines of Rift, Transformers Dark of the Moon or War of the Worlds.

We've got aliens in the pipes thanks to the story plot of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and there is no reason why the next Indiana Jones film can't utilize aliens and extraterrestrial encounters.

For example, at the end of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull it seemed as if the UFO he took off and head back into space. What if in the next movie a mad scientist or someone like Dr. John Dee is trying to make contact with some alien race that is believed to have helped in the construction of the Pyramids and accidentally opens a 'Rift' or series of 'Rifts. Earth would be the focal point of different planes sort of like Earith (Midgard) is in relation to the Yggdrasil tree of the Thor mythos. By tampering with space and time in an effort to contact the sentient beings of the cosmos Rifts of other planes have been opened and thus the Mad Scientist would align himself with powerful aliens and Indiana Jones must now fight against forces from the depths of space instead of the human villains we've seen in past Indiana Jones films.

Montana Smith

RedeemedChild said:
When it comes to villains and Indiana Jones 5 I'd like to see something along the lines of Rift, Transformers Dark of the Moon or War of the Worlds.

We've got aliens in the pipes thanks to the story plot of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and there is no reason why the next Indiana Jones film can't utilize aliens and extraterrestrial encounters.

For example, at the end of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull it seemed as if the UFO he took off and head back into space. What if in the next movie a mad scientist or someone like Dr. John Dee is trying to make contact with some alien race that is believed to have helped in the construction of the Pyramids and accidentally opens a 'Rift' or series of 'Rifts. Earth would be the focal point of different planes sort of like Earith (Midgard) is in relation to the Yggdrasil tree of the Thor mythos. By tampering with space and time in an effort to contact the sentient beings of the cosmos Rifts of other planes have been opened and thus the Mad Scientist would align himself with powerful aliens and Indiana Jones must now fight against forces from the depths of space instead of the human villains we've seen in past Indiana Jones films.

Okay, I give in. Let's have the neo-Nazis! :p

RedeemedChild

How about Indiana Jones villain be a little child? Eh?

If any of you have seen the 'The Impossible Astronaut' episode of Doctor Who then you'll know what I'm getting at.