History Channel: Indiana Jones and the Ultimate Quest

Legendary Times

WillKill4Food said:
I'm only sixteen. You're an expert. Thanks for realizing that I'm an amateur. That takes real skill.

Ah, the anonymity of the net. Uhm, well, I guess it does take skill, because no, I had no idea you're sixteen. Does it say that anywhere? And even if it does, so what? Just because you're sixteen doesn't mean you're exempt from criticism. At sixteen you're an adult and more than capable of handling a discourse (which, by the way, you have, so what's the worry?). :hat:

No hard feelings, I would've said the exact same thing to you if you were an 80-year old geezer. No worries. (Watch The Godfather and listen to the famous line that in life, in most cases, it's not personal. It's just business.)

WillKill4Food said:
Thanks for destroying the plane/helicopter argument, not even HC was willing to do that.

No destruction at all. Just presenting the facts. Even though I subscribe to the Alternative History viewpoint, my view is not as jaded and off-the-deep-end as some of the rest of the "experts" in this field. All I did was present cold facts. And that doesn't sit right with people? Everyone should just get a grip and stop whining.

I also highly doubt that the HC knew that this research even existed, and the "theorist" you mention most certainly would have never volunteered this information because it would've not gotten him on the tube. Explaining the inscription in the way I did, just isn't sensational enough. It is, in fact, boring.

I have to admit: The reaction here is quite baffling. So, I, in fact, did just what everyone is whining about someone should do, ie. "exposing" what turns out to be false pieces of evidence, yet I get crucified! Unbelievable! You can't have it both ways guys, because then we might as well just stop caring about anything.

WillKill4Food said:
[...]but in the end you just killed all of my faith in the AA theory.

Like I said in many of my previous posts, eliminating pieces of evidence that turn out to be wrong, only fortifies the entire theory, it's not the other way around.

WillKill4Food said:
Post some of this irrefutable proof you think you have. Then we'll see.

Just for this Forum? I said this before: I think not. Everything, all the proof that we have, is published quarterly in our research journal Legendary Times. It contains all the evidence you could ever ask for.

PM me your address and I'll gladly put you on the mailing list for a few issues of Legendary Times - I have an inkling (because "you got heart, kid") that you just might enjoy the publication. It is NOT the typical, run-of-the-mill loopy UFO publication. On the contrary: We're very meticulous in what we publish, and VERY conservative (yes, conservative! - oh my gosh! did he just say that?) in the research we express in the pages of LT. One of our professor contributors actually also appeared tonight on the program, which was a fun surprise! Some of you will find that hard to swallow, but that's the truth. And if anyone says anything to the contrary, then they have obviously never read any of our articles and they should just keep quiet.

"You lost today kid... but that doesn't mean you have to like it." :hat:

Ciao,

-G-

RA: Some of my friends tonight asked for photocopies of your claw creation so that they can hang it on their wall at their office. Your artwork is becoming famous!

indyclone25

did you watch the indy ultimate quest on the history channel

it was pretty good , i thought they would have shown more from kotcs but just a few scenes from the trailer

Lao Che Pun

doesitmatter said:
It was really good. Way better than the crappy Mystery of the Crystal Skulls on the Sci Fi channel.

Yeah I kept changing back and forth between the two shows. Man, the Sci-fi channel show was really a two hour waste of time.

bonoferox

I made teh mistake of watching the Crystal Skull special instead :(

Flipped back tot he History channel for a while near the end, though.

Perhilion

The Sci-Fi special was...well,it's the sci-fi channel, what do you expect? I really liked the History Channel one, though.

Snakes

I only watched the History Channel show, which was excellent except for the short part about crystal skulls.(They didn't use John Williams music, and it was pretty ridiculous:"This is my crystal skull, his name is Max":confused: ) I found the show really interesting apart from that one little bit though. I hardly ever watch the Sci Fi channel, since it's rare that they ever have any real science fiction on.

|ZiR|

indyclone25 said:
will be airing the show again this week and at the end of the month

Good to know, 'cause I missed it. Only saw the SciFi channel special, which was hilariously bad.

Bill Homann came off like such a creep; he seemed way too obsessed with Mitchell-Hedges. Who wants to bet he thought about him while he had relations with Hedges geriatric daughter, and ultimately killed her for possesion of the skull?

Anyone?

Oh, okay, just me then.

|ZiR|

Agent Spalko said:
The Mitchell-Hedges skull has been proven a fake.

I'm well aware of that, though I don't think the good people at the Sci-Fi channel are. Apparently in 2012 the crystal skulls will gather their energy together and save the world from a great disaster.

WillKill4Food

Well, I sent this to LT in a PM, but I'll post it here antyways:

That's okay. You don't have to send me any publications.
I saw your History Channel interview and I do have respect for you. I still have no respect for Daniken. Perhaps he has made a few actual discoveries, but for the most part he's just a loon. No offense.
However, I was wondering...I read the article on Crystal Skulls on Wikipedia and it showed that the famous skulls are 19th century fakes. Are they all fakes? Where did you get that story about the alien traveler bringing the skull in the Mayan legend? I'm honestly wanting to know.

As for being sixteen, I know that doesn't excuse my ignorance. I said that in my original reply but somehow I got logged off and didn't feel like retyping. I lost steam by the time I was logged back on. But, like I said, all I know is what I've read on the Internet, heard on TV, and read in Daniken's books. The Internet is hard to follow and misleading on both sides. The HC is, again, convuluted with the most outrageous of both sides. And Daniken's books are ridiculous. His research is stupendous, for the most part. My biggest problem with his research is when he disregards the myths he's using as an argument. For instance, in Chariots? he once wrote: "Without actually consulting Exodus, I seem to remember that the Ark was always described as covered with sparks"
That's actually in his book, not something I made up. Even HC has, based on his words, said that the Bible describes a sparking Ark, and, in fact, the Bible never describes the Ark except for in the instructional passages. That really pissed me off. I hate it when he does things like that.
But, that is not to say that I don't think some of your theories are valid. I do think that the ancients were technologically advanced; many artifacts found have shown that they were: The Antikythera mechanism (is that spelled right?), the diving suits of ancient Persians, the "airplane" models of ancient Peru, Greek fire, the seismographs of ancient China, etc. Even the Bible says that the days of Noah were times of great advancements and that men were then as they will be in the end times.
But, I still am not convinced that these feats are the products of anything other than human ingenuity.
Your beliefs in alien visitors (mining for gold as Daniken has them) giving us all we have is, to me, preposterous.
Again, I believe that alternate history is enlightening, but that makes me believe stronger in my faith. For instance, long have men believed that the dinosaurs lived thousands of years before man, but stones in Peru (maybe even the Nazca region, been a while since I read) have drawings that are obviously of dinosaur species.
Finally, perhaps you are right in your research, but is there anything you have more convincing than areas such as the Nazca lines? Yes, Daniken's books are full of proof of ancient technology and an alternate history, but is there any proof that it was given to us by aliens?

Dr.Jones

I flipped back and forth between the programs. The History Channel show was BOUNDS better than the Sci-Fi show. I recently researched archaeology in-depth, so this really appealed to me.

The individual artifact focus (Ark, Stones, Grail, Skull, etc.) was a clever set-up and showed that they did their homework.

WillKill4Food

herr gruber said:
A Mutt movie?
No, it'll be his future sidekick Rover, and in the end, right after he saves us from Bin Laden and kills the crystal Decepticon that made the skulls, we find out that he is actually Henry IV (No, not the English or French Monarch; Indy's grandson!) :rolleyes:
Please, no more Indy movies after Kingdom.

But, back onto this topic; perhaps you should search. This topic has it's own well fought-out thread starring one of the guys interviewed! Wow... :rolleyes:

Anyway, here.
http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=14138
Could some gracious mod merge the two threads?

FETT1

...Hmmm...well it seems once again the WE CANUCKS got shut out again...HISTORY channel definitely differs up here!..oi!

FETT1...OUTT!!!