General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Finn

Staff member
Again, the attentiveness of some raveners (or rather, the lack of it) causes the mods to bend it like Capt. Picard...

Montana Smith

WilliamBoyd8 said:
I'm trying to imagine Tom Hanks as Indiana Jones.

I'm trying, really I am.

:)

Sounds like they've already replaced Hanks. Disney felt that the last film was too juvenile, and Hanks, at only 58, might not be taken seriously enough.

I just heard from a reputable source that Peter O'Toole's taking over from Harrison, with Elizabeth Taylor as Marion and Donald Sinden as Abner.

Best news of all is that Richard Attenborough has consented to direct with Gilbert Taylor as cinematographer.

Sounds like an action packed thrill ride!

Can't wait!

curmudgeon

Montana Smith said:
Sounds like they've already replaced Hanks. Disney felt that the last film was too juvenile, and Hanks, at only 58, might not be taken seriously enough.

I just heard from a reputable source that Peter O'Toole's taking over from Harrison, with Elizabeth Taylor as Marion and Donald Sinden as Abner.

Best news of all is that Richard Attenborough has consented to direct with Gilbert Taylor as cinematographer.

Sounds like an action packed thrill ride!

Can't wait!

I'm assuming the title of that would be "Indiana Jones and the Valley of Death"?

kongisking

curmudgeon said:
I'm assuming the title of that would be "Indiana Jones and the Valley of Death"?

I actually like the sound of that, outside of the joke context. I want a dangerous sounding subtitle for an Indy movie again, blast it!

TheFedora

kongisking said:
I actually like the sound of that, outside of the joke context. I want a dangerous sounding subtitle for an Indy movie again, blast it!

For all of its corniness, TOD actually had a quite intimidating sounding title.

kongisking

TheFedora said:
For all of its corniness, TOD actually had a quite intimidating sounding title.

Could have been even cooler, since at one point it was called Temple of Death. But then again, Doom sounds more pulpy, befitting how more overtly true to that genre the movie is.

Indiana Jones and the Realm of Sin would sound dang neat, too.

TheFedora

Finn said:
The people making those XXX parodies would rejoice.

Indiana Jones and Sin City is more like it...;)

Although...I am thinking more like something which also vaguely hints at the macguffin but also manages to sound cool.

Montana Smith

Finn said:
The people making those XXX parodies would rejoice.

I thought we were heading in that direction when Curmudgeon suggested

"Indiana Jones and the Valley of Death"

Valley_Of_the_Dolls_Poster.jpg

Filmed back to back with it's sequel, in which Indy joins Simon Wiesenthal in the hunt for Martin Bormann while being pursued by large breasted femme fatales.

Nazis.

15041.gif

Lady boys.

zman13.jpg

Batman and Robin.

Beyond-the-Valley-of-the-Dolls_Erica-Gavin-Cynthia-Myers_Robin.jpg

And Indiana Jones.

320px-OldIndy.jpg

At last - one of the most sensational movies ever - comes to town.

Indy goes out with a bang.

Finn

Staff member
You know, the odds are pretty high in its favor it has something to do with that Star Wars film they're currently shooting. The accompanying pic is pretty big of a giveaway.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Come on now Finn...the White House dot gov just posted something on their twitter page, surley that too points to a new indy film!?!

Right?

Finn

Staff member
Pale Horse said:
Depends. Was it Barry? He's apparently more partial to comic book heroes, so it could indicate a sequel to Superman.

If it was Joe Biden, then maybe.

IndyForever

Lucas has not done his chances of working on Indy 5 with Disney any good with this new outburst against the studios :rolleyes:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/star-wars-director-george-lucas-on-changing-movie-industry-and-studios/
http://www.thewrap.com/george-lucas-star-wars-cbs-charlie-rose-chicago-ideas-week/
http://www.hngn.com/articles/47227/...hology-was-behind-franchise-success-video.htm

This weekend is the US F1 Grand Prix @ Austin Texas so if anyone Stateside is going Lucas usually attends as he is a big F1 fan its another chance for someone to ask him about Indy 5 as he appears to be in an ask me anything mode & he will answer it recently! All someone has to do is ask the question perhaps TMZ could send a crew down........

AndyLGR

Lets say Indy is going ahead with Harrison. Des it really matter of Lucas is on board or not? It may well be a benefit to have some fresh ideas on it. Unless its a condition of Harrisons that Spielberg and Lucas are involved of course.

Grizzlor

AndyLGR said:
Lets say Indy is going ahead with Harrison. Des it really matter of Lucas is on board or not? It may well be a benefit to have some fresh ideas on it. Unless its a condition of Harrisons that Spielberg and Lucas are involved of course.

Lucas is already out of the picture. If this film happens, he'll get an EP credit, hang out on the set a little, and that's about it. They'd be best off keeping Spielberg as an EP as well, not direct. The movie made actually get done.

Grizzlor

So I was up at the Rhode Island Comic-Con this weekend, where I said hello to the lovely and uber-friendly Karen Allen. Indiana Jones or not, she's still one of the nicest people at these events and I always look forward to stopping by her table. Karen has not heard anything new of course. However, she personally felt that Harrison would not do the film without Spielberg, but that George Lucas probably wouldn't play a major role in the prospective film.

Last edited:

Toht's Arm

Grizzlor said:
So I was up at the Rhode Island Comic-Con this weekend, where I said hello to the lovely and uber-friendly Karen Allen. Indiana Jones or not, she's still one of the nicest people at these events and I always look forward to stopping by her table. Karen has not heard anything new of course. However, she personally felt that Harrison would not do the film without Spielberg, but that George Lucas probably wouldn't play a major role in the prospective film.

Excellent work, Grizzlor, thanks for that! Whilst Allen isn't in the Inner Circle, it's great that people like yourself would ask questions about the chance of another film happening.