Rest In Peace, [Insert Name Here]

Goonie

RIP Kenny Baker, the man inside R2-D2.

CBC: Kenny Baker, who played R2D2 in Star Wars, dead at 81

KennyBakerR2_zps8ovbwv2t.jpg

Stoo

Drones33 said:
Yes. RIP Gene, the first and best Leo Bloom.
Plus...the one & only Waco Kid! :gun: (Not to be confused with Wilder & Harrison in, "The Frisco Kid".)

Too bad he became so inactive after Gilda Radner died. Loved Gene in everything he did. Wonka is his best (of course) but my personal fave is "Silver Streak" from '76. (y)

833af5df-aba8-4ff8-9987-d1de8c8eb9dd_zpsy7rhjfzp.jpg

WilliamBoyd8

Hugh O'Brian, 1950's television Wyatt Earp actor, RIP, 91

Hugh O'Brian, who helped tame the Wild West as the star of TV's ?The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp? and was the founder of a long-running youth leadership development organization, has died. He was 91.

http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-hugh-obrian-snap-story.html

The obituary doesn't mention it but Hugh O'Brian had a role in the 1950 film "Rocketship X-M", which was the first of the 1950's science fiction films.

This role lead to a connection with the US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and he became a spokesman for the organization.

:)

Stoo

Goonie said:
Canadian legend Leonard Cohen. RIP
Yeah, last night walking by the square where Leonard's house is, we saw a gathering of people. Wondered what was going on and thought, uh-oh, did he just die? :eek: Lots of singing made a sad but brilliant evening. The songs will live on.

Our Raven thread on the man:
Leonard Cohen

My personal favourite, "The Partisan":

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S34cVkL6zCE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Joe Brody

Pale Horse said:
There goes the IndyV Mcguffin.

You talking about Castro or Florence Henderson?

I always thought the Brady's always had some pretty swank stuff in their home. Maybe Alice was a world wise tutor in a prior life before she married the butcher.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Joe Brody said:
You talking about Castro or Florence Henderson?

I always thought the Brady's always had some pretty swank stuff in their home. Maybe Alice was a world wise tutor in a prior life before she married the butcher.

Cooking with Florence Henderson sponsored by Wesson...that was the bomb show.

But no, I meant Castro and Cuba and the strange story I read once about 13 days or something? I forget now. ;)