Rest In Peace, [Insert Name Here]

roundshort

J. Geils - man that is a big part of the my early '80's sound track. Still hear Centerfold on the raido pretty often!

RIP

Joe Brody

Pale Horse said:
Dan Rooney

Condolences roundshort & joe brody

Steelers fans are everywhere and frankly can be a bit obnoxious when they take over opposing team's stadiums. As a result, years ago, I stopped calling myself a Steelers fan and started calling myself a Rooney Fan. This is why.

Pale Horse

Staff member
With the utmost respect

AndyLGR said:
Powers Boothe passed away on May 14th

fWx327.gif

IndyBuff

AndyLGR said:
One of my childhood icons passed away today. Roger Moore RIP. He was a staple when I was growing up with the Bond movies on a lot and of course shows like The Saint too.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/roger-moore-dead-aged-89-10482929

The Spy Who Love Me was the first 007 film I saw as a child and I've been a diehard fan ever since. It's my second-favorite franchise after Indy and it's heartbreaking to hear this news. I'm going through my yearly Bond marathon and watching his films will definitely be twinged with sadness.:(

Joe Brody

Great respect for Roger Moore as a talent but as a young kid I despised his Bond and cheesey films like Moonraker to which Raiders of the Lost Ark was the antidote.

Stars Wars set the bar in 1977 and legions of crappy films came in its wake -- all trying to give us some element of Star War's unique blend of space, grit and adventure. We all knew there was something else, something closer to home. So what ultimately delivered? Alien delivered on the grit and space -- and added horror. Bladerunner delivered a gritty future stepped in noir. And Raiders delivered the grit and adventure (with a touch of noir) in spades.

Bond from the late '70's and for decades after delivered a whole lot of nothing. I wish Sir Roger had opportunities worthy of his talent.

Joe Brody

Nice lull on the celebrity front. . . .

George Romero

Great talent and intellect.

As a kid, Monroeville Mall was the nearest mall to our home, and Dawn of the Dead was a favorite to watch at parties on VHS during my high school days in the mid '80's. By coincidence, I was recently talking with an older co-worker who told me that when DoD was being filmed, he worked at an Ice Cream store in the Mall in the late '70's and had initially signed up to volunteer as a zombie but he chickened out when word went around that Romero was recruiting bikers as well and that the filming may not be all that safe for the zombies. He considers missing out that experience as one of the great mistakes of his life.