Rest In Peace, [Insert Name Here]

roundshort

Joe Brody said:
George Romero

Great talent and intellect.

As a kid, Monroeville Mall was the nearest mall to our home, and Dawn of the Dead was a favorite to watch at parties on VHS during my high school days in the mid '80's. By coincidence, I was recently talking with an older co-worker who told me that when DoD was being filmed, he worked at an Ice Cream store in the Mall in the late '70's and had initially signed up to volunteer as a zombie but he chickened out when word went around that Romero was recruiting bikers as well and that the filming may not be all that safe for the zombies. He considers missing out that experience as one of the great mistakes of his life.

We used go to the graveyard where Night of the Living Dead was filmed (which is very close to the old psych ward where parts of Silence fo the lamb was filmed) at Halloween. One of my fondest memories. like getting a pup-a-gogo hot dog at the ice skating ring at Monroeville Mall,.

Joe Brody

Pale Horse said:
Wow, Jay Thomas passed away on the 24th. You're right roundshort, 17 is a fierce as 16 was.

Not much, but figure I'd try to keep it going:

Rollie Massimino. Back in the day at Pitt I remember the whole student section at the Field House taunting him. It was jealousy. He was probably the best coach in the Big East.

Joe Brody

He lived a good life. I've really been looking forward to seeing Lucky.

I loved him in HBO's Big Love a few years back. He was one of kind. What every American Grandfather should be.

Stoo

roundshort said:
NOOOOOOOOOO! Henry Dean Stanton RIP! The Repo man is always intense!!!
Henry? :confused:

"Repo Man" isn't great but the music is goo-ooo-ood. (y) Of course, there's his role in "Alien" and wasn't he Molly Ringwood's father in "Pretty in Pink"? He always delivered.

QUIZ TIME:
Which film has both Harry D. Stanton and Harrison Ford? :whip:

Joe Brody

Stoo said:
"Repo Man" isn't great . . . .

Gotta disagree with you on that one.

Stoo said:
QUIZ TIME:
Which film has both Harry D. Stanton and Harrison Ford? :whip:

I struck out big time. Without the aid of technology I guessed Force 10 From Navarone (wrong!), then I went Witness (wrong!) and Working Girl (which I've never seen)(Wrong!).

Here's a good read on Mr. Stanton from Vanity Fair. BTW, there's a nice cameo mention of Sean Penn, who in my book is one of the few remaining true characters left.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Hugh Hefner, the founder of Playboy, has died aged 91.

Hefner was born on April 9, 1926 in Chicago, Illinois, and went on to become a millionaire after founding the influential men's magazine in 1953.

IndyBuff

Man, Tom Petty's death hit me hard as a life-long fan. Between that and the tragedy in Vegas it was a rough day.

Drones33

Peter Botwright. The man behind Wested Leather and the Indy jacket. His work has been a big part of my life for a long time. Thanks Peter.

Glenville86

Drones33 said:
Peter Botwright. The man behind Wested Leather and the Indy jacket. His work has been a big part of my life for a long time. Thanks Peter.

We lost a pillar of our hobby and he will be missed by many. Condolences to his friends and family.