"Last Crusade" Action Figures

reverendB

UIMJ said:
:D

X's 3. I've probably hit every one of those stores in the last 4 days. We've probably all been in the aisles digging side by side and never even knew it....

OMG That's funny!! It's no wonder I can't find anything!! I kid...Anyway, if yoou see a fat guy in a Dr.Pepper t shirt and a KC Royals hat, say hi. That's me.

reverendB

ATTENTION CHICAGO WESTERN SUBURBS GUYS!!!

OK. Now that I have your attention, I was at the Batavia Target on Randall Road today (7/20) and they've moved their Indy figs forward, and it looks like they're giving Indy less space...this is disconcerting. They had no new figures, but have the Die-Cast stuff now, and for some reason, they had 12"'s on the wall (instead of on the shelves). I don't know what to make of this, but I figured I'd pass it along.

On a side note, have any of you gone out to the TRU on Army Trail Road and Gary Ave in Bloomingdale? (Across from the old Tower Records) I've had luck there in the past with other things (the old Star Wars Unleashed line) but gas is too expensive to drive out there to come up empty...if you have, let us know!!

UIMJ

reverendB said:
ATTENTION CHICAGO WESTERN SUBURBS GUYS!!!

OK. Now that I have your attention, I was at the Batavia Target on Randall Road today (7/20) and they've moved their Indy figs forward, and it looks like they're giving Indy less space...this is disconcerting. They had no new figures, but have the Die-Cast stuff now, and for some reason, they had 12"'s on the wall (instead of on the shelves). I don't know what to make of this, but I figured I'd pass it along.

On a side note, have any of you gone out to the TRU on Army Trail Road and Gary Ave in Bloomingdale? (Across from the old Tower Records) I've had luck there in the past with other things (the old Star Wars Unleashed line) but gas is too expensive to drive out there to come up empty...if you have, let us know!!

I noticed the same thing about that Target as well. It looks like they cut back on the facings and are starting to do the kinds of weird things that places like Kay-B-Toys does with a dead line, like hang 12" figs from pegs. Doesn't look good....

And man I miss that Tower Records. When I was younger that place made for some fun late night romps on random weekdays and whatnot.

Last edited:

HovitosKing

I mentioned this in the New Acquisitions thread (in passing), but my local Wal-Mart has moved all the Indy 3 3/4" figures to a back aisle, out away from the main toy area. They've kinda shoved them all into a small space in the back, a dark little corner away from everything else. It definitely doesn't suggest to me that they intend to do much with the future waves, if anything...

However, hidden as they may be, the figures are still not marked down in price

reverendB

UIMJ said:
And man I miss that Tower Records. When I was younger that place made for some fun late night romps on random weekdays and whatnot.

Tell me about it!!!I honestly think I spent EVERY Night there the summer of 95 or 96...Buying crap I didn't need...but still have.

Anyway, the matter at hand. I'm afraid that the Indy line is going to just fade away...it sucks!! We need to keep this thing going!!! I'm sure any could come with Indy figures to keep the line going for 5 or 6 years at least. Alas, it won't happen...(n)

DetectiveFork

The fact that Hasbro made Henry Sr. one-per-case tells me they really don't understand that this is a toyline geared toward adult collectors. I think most fans would consider him the second most essential figure to have, next to Indy.

Uki

I still need to find Henry, Sr. myself. I was at Target at 1488 and Research Forest this afternoon with my girlfriend and I noticed their Indy stuff was shoved down the aisle and its space was considearble smaller. That's not good! This is now the only line I'm really collecting! I retired from SW for this, so I want it to continue for a good while.

Lambonius

Every day I am tempted to chock up the 25 bucks or so that it would take to buy Henry Sr on ebay, but every day I am reminded that he's getting released again and again in two of the three Wave 3 Revision cases next month and then again, I'm sure, in the Wave 4 Revisions. I'd be willing to stake money on the fact that all the LC figures will be fairly easy to find come September or October. It's just a matter of patience, which I'll admit, is EXTREMELY difficult to put up with. (I've already failed at it twice with this line so far.) ;)

ChromiumBlue37

Actually the only thing I HAVE seen from TLC wave are the Indiana Jones Brunwald Castle figure remnants. Everywhere I go, I always see two of them. No Vogels, Elsas, Grail Knights, Young Indy's or Henry Srs.

monkey man

No LC figures in North Jersey yet. ToysRus will get these figures. TRU sold alot of Indy figures by me.
I've heard that the LC figures will start showing up, in mass quantities, this week. I'll look on Thursday. Stay patient. No need for Ebay. They didn't just make the few that have been found so far.
Target fell behind. They put them out late and charged more than TRU. The problem is that the Targets and Walmarts of the world can kill a toy line by not ordering them. Judging by the amount of figures TRU sold, I'd say that TRU will be getting Indy figures longer than the other two. Target is quick to stop ordering. The toy companies are relying on Walmart and Target too much.
LC figures are due any day now. Stay patient and get two figures for the price of one that you'll buy on Ebay.

Lambonius

Here's a heads up for those of you looking to order the LC figures online for a reasonable price (even Henry Sr!) There's a slight mark up, but nowhere near ebay or even amazon prices. The site seems reputable enough so I ordered Henry Sr tonight. I'll let you know how it turns out.

http://darkdragoncollectibles.com/

Like I said, there's a slight markup, but it's still under 10 bucks (not including shipping.) Anyway, hope it's helpful.

Indy's Fist

This just pisses me off! I can't find any LC figures here in Phoenix! Then I go to Target & Toys R Us and they have a HUGE display for Star Wars Clone Wars! Hell, when the Indy figures first came out there was a small display but SW gets a gigantic one! WTF?! Indy always takes a backseat to SW. He is the ugly little red-headed stepchild in the Lucasfilm family!

The_Raiders

Same here I check almost every day and NONE of my stores even restalk the regular waves! All I want is my Indy w/tie is that too much to ask for?

apparently :rolleyes:

Indy's Fist

The_Raiders said:
Same here I check almost every day and NONE of my stores even restalk the regular waves! All I want is my Indy w/tie is that too much to ask for?

apparently :rolleyes:

And that is part of the problem...to many people buying a select few (or one) figures. I bought them all because I know Indy gets no love from collectors,fans or Lucas. God knows how long the series will last before Hasbro pulls the plug.

The_Raiders

Indy's Fist said:
And that is part of the problem...to many people buying a select few (or one) figures. I bought them all because I know Indy gets no love from collectors,fans or Lucas. God knows how long the series will last before Hasbro pulls the plug.

Woah hold up! When did I say I'm only getting one or two? I want them all but I was just saying the Indy w/tie is the one I like the most. I love all the figures, I don't have money for every single one right now so I'm getting the ones i really really want first, I didn't say I was just going to forget the others. :rolleyes:

ChromiumBlue37

This wave is going to be everywhere in abundance, soon. It's always like this with new action figures. It takes a while for everyone to find what they need.

Indy's Fist

The_Raiders said:
Woah hold up! When did I say I'm only getting one or two? I want them all but I was just saying the Indy w/tie is the one I like the most. I love all the figures, I don't have money for every single one right now so I'm getting the ones i really really want first, I didn't say I was just going to forget the others. :rolleyes:

Sorry, it just sounded like you wanted just the one figure. But you do know what I mean about some people though huh?:)

The_Raiders

Indy's Fist said:
Sorry, it just sounded like you wanted just the one figure. But you do know what I mean about some people though huh?:)

No need to apologize :hat: But I know what you mean, and yes I want all the figures. :p

Indy's Fist

The_Raiders said:
No need to apologize :hat: But I know what you mean, and yes I want all the figures. :p

I've waited years for these figures. I'll be so happy to get a Short Round in my collection! I was 11 when TOD came out and I related & envyed Shorty back in those days! I wanted to be Short Round just to be able to hang out with Indy!