Ideas For New Indy Actor

Henry W Jones

Sir Galahad said:
I would love to see a 20's and 30's Indiana Jones. I agree with Henry W Jones. I would pick SPF for continuity but the problem is. . . SPF is 46 while Harrison Ford was 39 when he did Raiders. The age difference would be noticeable.

It doesn't have to start before Raiders and I think the actor change from HF to SPF would be the most distracting not age. I also tossed out the idea more for conversation, I am not wanting a reboot at all. I feel the series should not continue without Ford and maybe someone with some creativity could come up with a similar character that is not a blatant rip off.

Rivers

Have the Indy 5 teaser with SPF as a younger Indy which leads into the main story with Harrison.
I'd love it!!

Sir Galahad

Henry W Jones said:
It doesn't have to start before Raiders and I think the actor change from HF to SPF would be the most distracting not age. I also tossed out the idea more for conversation, I am not wanting a reboot at all. I feel the series should not continue without Ford and maybe someone with some creativity could come up with a similar character that is not a blatant rip off.

I would use SPF for films before the Harrison Ford timeline (before ROTLA). That way the transition wouldn't be too distracting since the films would begin after the last episode of the Young Indiana Jones series. I always wonder what other stories we could've got if Lucas, Spielberg and Ford would've done at least two more films before KOTCS.

Supernatural

It was mentioned that Short Round became an archeologist. Would you want to see Quan in a movie with a grown up Mr. Round over Mutt?

I think it sounds interesting.

Could it be any worse?

Supernatural said:
It was mentioned that Short Round became an archeologist. Would you want to see Quan in a movie with a grown up Mr. Round over Mutt?

Could it be any worse?

Sounds godawful.

mikieson

Supernatural said:

Could it be any worse?
actually ive brought this up before..having shortround kind of going against Indy..working more for the money then the love of it...then having a change of heart along the way and both of them teaming up and kickingbutt...shortround was a great character about my favorite next to Indy. would love it if they could work him in..

mikieson said:
actually ive brought this up before..having shortround kind of going against Indy..working more for the money then the love of it...then having a change of heart along the way and both of them teaming up and kickingbutt...shortround was a great character about my favorite next to Indy. would love it if they could work him in..

A 70 year old Indy and an adult version of the annoying kid from Temple in the same film?

I better change my trousers, the excitement is uncontainable!

mikieson

replican't said:
A 70 year old Indy and an adult version of the annoying kid from Temple in the same film?

Well the people that still accept HF as Indy would be fine with about anything..it seems the ones with the problems are the people that hate Mutt and hate thinking of a 70 year old man kicking butt still...I choose to like about anything..and KOTCS shows me HF still has it!!

Rivers

replican't said:

Remember... Harrison is 70, Indy wouldnt be.

Montana Smith

replican't said:

[A crashing noise upstairs interrupts him.]

Baldrick: What do you think that is?

Edmund: Well, if I was feeling malicious, I would say it's the prince still trying to put his trousers on after a week.

Blackadder_Nob_and_Nobility4_4.jpg

Kernunnos

I think Dennis Quaid would do an absolutely superb 1940's Indy, but I doubt Harrison would be happy about it, and I'd rather see a couple more films with Harrison set in the late 50's or the 60's.

Ska

It's amazing how much Quaid and Ford have such similar characteristics.

I'd be all for a Dennis Quaid Indy. Hell I'll take a Randy Quaid Indy at this point!

mikieson

Montana Smith said:
There's 12 years of Indy left in him. Before he catches up with Harry!
Thing is..if we are going to have an older Indy "and Denis Quaid is older"..might as well stick with Harrison Ford. Get one more awesome Indy adventure out of him and let it be done..

THEN in 10 years OR after I die, reboot,prequels,sequels,ect what ever the people want..