Eric Tan Poster Art

Laserschwert said:
I assume nobody has these at higher resolution, right?
Not when the artist is trying to sell them!

very cool style...all three are nice. I have reallly high expectations for crystal skull, sounds familiar!

Lance Quazar

While I love all three of these posters, I prefer "Doom" and "Crusade."

It's also lame that they took the "Doom" tagline and used it for "Raiders" and slapped the "Doom" poster with the lame-ass "The Adventure Continues...".

For "Raiders", they should have used "The Return of the Great Adventure", which was used on re-release posters, to keep it consistent.

Le Saboteur

Got it.

Now I need to get it framed. Oh, and I need to make some space on the wall.

All three are pretty rad, but I think I prefer this one over Temple. Not the movie, just the poster! ;)

http://www.majorspoilers.com/archives/27012.htm/

Art Appreciation Moment of the Day: Eric Tan
By: Stephen Schleicher | November 4th, 2009

DOOM.jpg
INDYLTD14XL.jpg

Here?s the completed Temple of Doom poster. I ended up adding a bunch of elements that tied it more into the Raiders poster such as the logo, the limited color scheme, the large ?head? in the upper right, the little ?filmed in color? banner, and the action scene at the bottom right. I figured these changes would make a more cohesive series in the end. Throughout the design process, I constantly move things around to find that balance. Short Round and Willie moved from right to left, top to bottom, and I even seperated them where she was on the upper right and he was at the bottom where the mine cars are. After all these years, I still don?t get it right the first, or second, or third, or even fourth time. And that is why I?m an alcoholic!

kotopa4

Hey everyone! I am an avid art & Indy fan. I have been looking for this piece (If Adventure has a name...) for over a year and just now stumbled upon this forum. Is there any possibility I might be able to pry this away from someone? I have other Indy art that I'd be willing to trade as well. Thank you for your time! (y)

Regards,
Peter

kotopa4

^ I'd gladly pay that! Looks like it's sold out on that site or am I missing something?

Awesome process photo, where did you find that one?

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
I though they had one edition. Sorry, maybe it sold to another member!:eek:

I'd advise you to contact them directly

Awesome process photo, where did you find that one?

Just meandering the internet!

kotopa4

I would like to give a HUGE THANK YOU to a certain member of this forum for helping me to finally obtain this long sought after print. I don't know if he wants to remain anonymous or not, but you have made this Indy collector insanely happy!!! :D (y)

The print is being custom framed as we speak and I will post some pictures on here after it is done. THANK YOU, AGAIN!!!

azrhell

So, like most here I bought Eric's Temple of Doom and the Last Crusade posters and I was getting crazy not being able to find the mythical and elusive Lost Ark poster and complete the collection...I dabble a little in design so I started working with a friend on a replica of the poster. After a month of hard work this is the result:

http://postimg.org/image/ekegxhgvf/

I printed it in giclee, the exact same paper, paint, dimensions, etc...a perfect replica...actually, not so perfect, because I tried to improve some details (the ceptre glow, the snake outline, etc)...

...final result after printed and framed:

http://postimg.org/image/9kkbmge4f/

So what do you think?

I will still try to find an original, but in the meanwhile I have both my three babies on my wall :D

Lance Quazar

Your repro looks great, but if it was up to me, I would have corrected it to NOT STEAL THE TEMPLE OF DOOM TAG LINE!!!!

That always made me furious.

Also, I wouldn't have CHANGED THE ACTUAL TITLE OF THE MOVIE!!!!

...pant, gasp....

I have rage issues, I know.

But good work! Seriously.