APRIL FOOL!!! Further Adventures of Indiana Jones #35

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
I had the idea some time ago but needed a relatively believable image to match the era. Nobody, seems to have made any reference to the Italian Edisola Trovata reprint editions so it seemed like an obvious choice to make.

I decided to go with the cover (600dpi) below as I though it matched Tom Palmer style. At that time Palmer was doing covers, so it seem a logic choice.

INDIANAJONES-NUMERO1-EDISOLATROVATA-BONELLI.jpg

I simply scanned some Further Adventure issues and cut a pasted the logo and date to create the below.

1333267388421.jpg

Last edited:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
Not in my case, Junior. I dismissed it as a fake 3 weeks ago when you sent me that e-mail and debunked it today.;)

I mean't to bring you on board! It was obvious it was a fake to someone like yourself.

Oh! Stoo, we could have fooled the world!!

Stoo said:
That said, your prank was an effective exercise in showing how naive & gullible some people can be.]

Naive & Gullible, is a bit rough. I would like to think their knowledge base it not what it could be!:)

Stoo said:
[Jason King would be proud of my investigation, don't you think?;)

Yes, and you even get to shag the birds!:D

jk11.jpg

Last edited:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
JuniorJones said:
I had the idea some time ago but needed a relatively believable image to match the era. Nobody, seems to have made any reference to the Italian Edisola Trovata reprint editions so it seemed like an obvious choice to make.

I decided to go with the cover (600dpi) below as I though it matched Tom Palmer style. At that time Palmer was doing covers, so it seem a logic choice.

INDIANAJONES-NUMERO1-EDISOLATROVATA-BONELLI.jpg

I simply scanned some Further Adventure issues and cut a pasted the logo and date to create the below.

1333267388421.jpg

It was my intention to leave it at that but when people started asking for more evidence I felt somewhat obliged!:D

I was reacting to the messages as quick as I could last night and was making many mistakes include the licencing blurb.

The stuff about Tom Palmer, the pulp and "Placement", the story were made up on the spot. I didn't really think about the breast exposure. The rest about WCP is true just to give it context.

The other images we doctored from Amazing Heroes 91, Fantastic Four 256 and Coyote.

It was only a matter of time once Stoo got involved that the end was near.

Still, it was a ride and I hope that people took it in the spirit it was mean't.

So, once again,

APRIL FOOL!

Last edited:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
yodazone said:
Funny prank....it got me searching on ebay. :D

If anyone has the orignial art pages to all of Indy #35, it would make for a great forum project. A "print on demand" fan comic project or something. I'd buy it!

:whip: :gun: :cool:

If, only! *sigh*

Rivers

Stoo said:
Not in my case, Junior. I dismissed it as a fake 3 weeks ago when you sent me that e-mail and debunked it today.;) That said, your prank was an effective exercise in showing how naive & gullible some people can be.

Jason King would be proud of my investigation, don't you think?;)

Come on Stoo, you sounded half convinced at the end of the other thread.... but you were ultimately right!
I did think it was odd that issue #35 was set in 1942 when all the past 34 issues were all set in 1936 and 1937. That had me thinking Stoo was right about his suspicions. I thought it would be to obvious to be an april fools joke that it had to be real!! LOL!!
Good job though JuniorJones, ya had me excited!!

harvey

:D Just catching up to this thread now. Love it.

I have to admit, I saw the post on the FA Facebook page and what got me suspicious was the cleavage. Wildly inconsistent with the rest of the series.

Good catches on the price and publishing schedule, guys. Junior, I'm surprised! I thought you were much more thorough than that! ;)

But MAN that's a great joke! (y)

harvey

Oh, and love all the Shat jokes. Seeing the man in two weeks. This thread just adds a new layer to the show for me.

indyclone25

i thought it wasn't real i was going to say the "books splash page at the bottom was a bit off and not connected to the page . :D

Awesome Junior!

My heart skipped a beat when I saw that. I remember actually ordering all of my fill-ins from Mile High Comics back in 1991 I think. I had #35 on order. I was greatly disappointed when I got a letter stating the issue was out of stock. Since then, I've had a sneaking suspicion MHC knew something I didn't, because at that time I was sure #35 never got printed. Seeing your post had me thinking "Holy crap, it did make it off the press!"

Thanks for providing a little excitement on April Fool's Day!

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
harvey said:
:D Just catching up to this thread now. Love it.

I have to admit, I saw the post on the FA Facebook page and what got me suspicious was the cleavage. Wildly inconsistent with the rest of the series.

Good catches on the price and publishing schedule, guys. Junior, I'm surprised! I thought you were much more thorough than that! ;)

But MAN that's a great joke! (y)

Your welcome! It was pretty sloppy...

Crack that whip

Indeed. I'm glad I responded with a good amount of skepticism, but I have to admit I did wonder, just a bit. Nicely done (though I still wish we'd get the actual #35!).
(y)

Plaristes said:
Excellent. Way better than Del Rey's April Fool's joke this year. :hat:

Hrm? What was this?