I GOT IT!!!

gavinpape

I bought my xbox this morning with indiana jones and the emperors tomb.. for £150...
It's a great game.. i'm in Istanbul already... The Sunken City... tricky level..

Kumba

Now that's what scares me; I want to buy ET, but if I beat the game in a two days I'll be dissapointed. Are the puzzles like the ones from Infernal Machine? Because I remember that when I didn't have the strategy guide for IM some of the puzzles were hard as hell, although at the time I was in 7th grade, back in '99! (music playing in backround) "We're gonna party like its 1999!" Btw, I never bought into that Y2K stuff, like some of those raving psychos you see on the streets. Harrison Ford from six days, seven nights "What do you want me to do?! Wave my hands in the air and say OH sh*t we're gonna die!!!!!?" :p, lol, that's the funniest movie.....

[Edited by kumba on 06-23-2003 at 05:32 pm]

gavinpape

huh??!?

the puzzles aren't too taxing, and thre aren't really that many... the biggest one i've come across is the astronomical clock.. (is that what it's called) but finding the 4 coins was a git too....
I was becoming worried that i would finish the game within a few days.. but the levels are getting harder and harder so i don't think it will take so little time.. plus. i did start it on the easy setting whilst i got used to the controls.. can you change the difficulty setting in the middle of the game??
i'm not looking forward to the kracken level i've heard so much about..
i would like in game saving too....

I didn't play Infernal Machine when it was released, i bought it eariler this year.. february i think.. The puzzles are harder in that.. but i think if thre were no puzzles the game ould be boring.. however in ET there are always plenty of baddies to beat the crap out of... i wanted the game as soon as it came out, but in 1999 we didn't have a computer with a 3D graphics card.. i was only 11/12 in 1999.

....that's all :D

[Edited by gavinpape on 06-23-2003 at 02:27 am]

Canyon

Kumba said:
that's what scares me

Ah, spoken like a true Indy fan. (one of my favourite quotes from Raiders!) :D

Harrison Ford for six days, seven nights "What do you want me to do?! Wave my hands in the air and say OH sh*t we're gonna die!!!!!?" :p, lol, that's the funniest movie.....
I also LOVE that line in 6d7n, and I agree with you there. It's hilarious! :D

gavinpipe Congratualtions on getting Emperor's Tomb! It's a pretty fantastic game! :D I loved first Istanbul level; kinda reminded me of Cairo in Raiders. :)

lv3-2.jpg

Kumba

Haha, I wasn't even thinking of Indy when I said "that's what scares me". Must be second nature, lol! Yeah, I gotta buy 6days7nights on dvd. I think ET has a good presentation so that's what I'm hoping to see when it comes out thursday on ps2 in the states. I'm also glad it has a difficulty setting.

gavinpape

Canyon,
The first Istanbul level is probably my favourite, action wise.
But I've had the game 2 days now and I'm on the 9th location already, 1st level.. The Emperors Tomb, I would recommend to those who have not yet played the game. If you're gonna put it on the easy seting, just do that for the first couple of levels to get used to the controls. don't keep it like that.. it's far too eay and you'll finish the game in a matter of days.. i'll have to save up more money so i can get another game now.. i don't get my wage til wednesday.. and i stil owe my dad £150 for the Xbox.. i'll have to play it again on hard :)
I'll get an Xbox classic.. they said if i buy another game within the next 10 days.. they'll knock £10 off... Xbox classics are £20 so it'l only cost me a tenner.. :) aren't i lucky.

[Edited by gavinpape on 06-25-2003 at 11:10 am]

gavinpape

well i got the game sunday lunch time.. it's now wednesday half 4 pm and i've finished it.... there were a couple of tricky levels but all in all.. very easy... good game, full of action, adventure and true to a movie.. but too easy...

[Edited by gavinpape on 06-25-2003 at 11:02 am]

gavinpape

it's definatly worth a go yeah.. just don't play it on easy..
it's pape, not pipe.. :)

PS.. if you're wondering why my messages are always being edited it's because my typing is dreadful and i keep spotting spelling mistakes... :)
is that why you're calling me pipe.. you taking the **** :)

[Edited by gavinpape on 06-25-2003 at 11:11 am]

Yolegoman

YES! My bro got it for me for my Bday!

I have yet to install it, however. It seems that mother of mine is afeard that the whole game is just shooting people. :rolleyes

Anyway, the Dad will be home soon, and I am sure he can talk sense into my mother. :)

Yolegoman, one happy dude...

And Oh, yes, I am gonna play the whole game on hard unless I get stuck somewhere and want it set to an easier setting (Eg Von Becks revenge lol) :D

gavinpape

even if the game was just shooting people, why wouldn't your mum like it.. tell her it's not real... :)
Von Becks revenge is a hard one and too me a few goes.. but i liked that one.... i didn't like the one after it with the goulies and turning pillars and jumping on ledges.. that got on my nerves after a while
i'm sick to the back teeth of hearing indy scream when he falls down a hole.. :) hehehe

Kumba

gavinpape said:
it's definatly worth a go yeah.. just don't play it on easy..
it's pape, not pipe.. :)

PS.. if you're wondering why my messages are always being edited it's because my typing is dreadful and i keep spotting spelling mistakes... :)
is that why you're calling me pipe.. you taking the **** :)

[Edited by gavinpape on 06-25-2003 at 11:11 am]

Taking the ****? Well I'm a guy if that's what you mean, but may be you do smoke from a pipe. ;)

gavinpape

I don't smoke owt, can't stand it...
gavinpape isn't a nickname.... my real name is Gavin Pape..
less of the pipe.. :)
you'll never guess how much mail i get addressed to Gavin pipe or Gavin Pope... :)

00Kevin

Indyfan
back on course.....

tonight I finally played ET

my friends came over for an indy fest

they watched the films.......while I played ET :D

my friend brought his XBOX and we rented ET

I only got a few hours, but I got pretty far in the Prague...It was swell

good game, I'ld prefer to see some more action, but It's MUCH better then IM!!!

Kumba

Well that's good, I'm glad you enjoy it! Apparently, you can't find the PS2 version for rent ANYWHERE!!!!

00Kevin

Indyfan
no, that's not it

my only friend with a PS2 is on vacation this week

and besides, I'm buying an XBOX and ET Tomorrow!!! why not get some practise with the controler eh?

00Kevin

Indyfan
FINALLY BLOODY GOT IT!!!

today mum finally made her promise, getting the XBOX and ET :D

she the tried to convince me to go to red white and boom (our local 4th of july fireworks and parade (always on the 3rd))

even thought the US Nation team was ganna be there, I said...FO GET DAT! I'm playing BLOODY INDY!!!