Toy Fair Coverage

Shortie

The No-Jacket KOCS Indy No-Jacket ROTLA Indy, Swinging Indy & Ark Indy look like Harrison. :D Horse Indy also looks decent.
Let's just hope the others are protos.

MaxPhactor23

tnswman said:
And who are you again? Hmmm, Not the person that aleady has some indy Hasbro toys in-hand...Nope...I think that would be ME!

anyway thanls for introducing yourself to us.. Now we know who to avoid. Lot's of new people coming in and making like they are the end-all-be-all indy fans and collectors.

so, At least we know :) :gun: :dead: (y)

That's funny. I saw no one defend you. Actually, I saw others agree with me. :)

You're funny tnswman. Do you do stand up? Let it go! And here, with your apparent lack of responses, I thought you actually had the maturity to drop it. It?s funny how you elude to me being troll-like?when the only one I see consistently badgering people is you. The essence of trolling. You're beating a dead horse... :whip: :dead:

Last edited:

metalinvader

tnswman said:
Metal...you know I thought I was going to be able to hold down the excitement since I already have some of these toys in-hand.. HOWEVER, I can't

to be honest, It was the Indy 4 figures that did it..AND that BEAUTIFUL Truck and Box art!!

The truck is a work of art isn't it.I noticed that the grill on the front of the truck as a hinge on the bottom.No doubt it'll pop off sending Indy under the truck!(y) http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?m...nes/Vehicles&pic=200.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0

I really hope they will have the towline just like the vintage one did,That was a real cool feature.

I'm not to crazy about the giant rocket launcher on the Jeep but the added barrels,Road block and not to mention it's just a beautiful piece in general make up for it.

MaxPhactor23 said:
That's funny. I saw no one defend you. Actually, I saw others agree with me.

You're funny tnswman. Do you do stand up? Let it go!

If anyone knows what they are talking about when it comes to collecting,It's Tnswman.Trust me.

Arab Swordsman

Is anyone bummed there is no German Mechanic figure? Plus, with Marion, both Indys, Swordsman, Belloq, Soldier, Monkey Man (still scratching my head on that one) and Sallah that makes 8 ROTLA figures. Then there are 8 KOTCS figures. The info says there are 17 figures at launch. I wonder who the last one is? Maybe it is the mail away figure of the chieftan for KOTCS.

That looks like that is going to be all of the figures that come out from these two movies until wave 3 and 4 are done. So, what Raiders figures would you want to see in future releases? Mine would be the Mechanic, Goebler, Toht, and Belloq in street clothes.

And, who does everyone think is coming out from the LC and TOD waves? My picks for LC would be Elsa, Brody, Henry Sr, Vogel, Donovan, and the Grail Knight. My TOD wish list would include the confirmed Super Thugee, Mola Ram, Shortie, Willie, regular Thugee, and Chatter Lal.

I'm so excited for these figures!!!!

tnswman

metalinvader said:
The truck is a work of art isn't it.I noticed that the grill on the front of the truck as a hinge on the bottom.No doubt it'll pop off sending Indy under the truck!(y) http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?m...nes/Vehicles&pic=200.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0

I really hope they will have the towline just like the vintage one did,That was a real cool feature.

I'm not to crazy about the giant rocket launcher on the Jeep but the added barrels,Road block and not to mention it's just a beautiful piece in general make up for it.

If anyone knows what they are talking about when it comes to collecting,It's Tnswman.Trust me.

If you can make out the starburst on the package it mentions being able to pull Indy behind the truck.

MaxPhactor23

metalinvader said:

Yah, I've read that the grill pops off or out. Very cool feature. Also, I've heard that there is a whip under the truck that extends so you can drag Indy. Heh. :hat:

MaxPhactor23

Arab Swordsman said:
Is anyone bummed there is no German Mechanic figure? Plus, with Marion, both Indys, Swordsman, Belloq, Soldier, Monkey Man (still scratching my head on that one) and Sallah that makes 8 ROTLA figures. Then there are 8 KOTCS figures. The info says there are 17 figures at launch. I wonder who the last one is? Maybe it is the mail away figure of the chieftan for KOTCS.

That looks like that is going to be all of the figures that come out from these two movies until wave 3 and 4 are done. So, what Raiders figures would you want to see in future releases? Mine would be the Mechanic, Goebler, Toht, and Belloq in street clothes.

And, who does everyone think is coming out from the LC and TOD waves? My picks for LC would be Elsa, Brody, Henry Sr, Vogel, Donovan, and the Grail Knight. My TOD wish list would include the confirmed Super Thugee, Mola Ram, Shortie, Willie, regular Thugee, and Chatter Lal.

I'm so excited for these figures!!!!

I read in a different forum that someone apparently asked a Hasbro rep. about missing characters from the line - ALA Toht, Marion in Dress and casual wear Belloq. He claims he was told that they'll be doing another Belloq and three more two packs - Marion and someone, Indy vs. German Mechanic and Belloq with Ark Spirit. But take all this for what it's worth, it could be complete crap.

As for what I thinks to come - I’d same Elsa, Donnovan, Grail Knight, Vogel and Henry Jones Sr. are givens for LC. I’d say it’s a safe assumption that each series will include at least one Indy figure. TOD will definitely include at least Short Round, Willie, Mola Ram and obviously Pat Roach Thugee guard. I’d throw in Chatter Lal, another Indy (preferably “battle damaged” from the Bridge scene with scimitar), a generic Thugee warrior and a deluxe elephant for treking. They could both be revisited later on to fill in missing characters too.

Last edited:

metalinvader

MaxPhactor23 said:
I read in a different forum that someone apparently asked a Hasbro rep. about missing characters from the line - ALA Toht, Marion in Dress and casual wear Belloq. He claims he was told that they'll be doing another Belloq and three more two packs - Marion and someone, Indy vs. German Mechanic and Belloq with Ark Spirit. But take all this for what it's worth, it could be complete crap.

Yet,No Marcus Brody.They could easily place him in a two pack with a teacher Indy..Or do I dare say Indy in his bathrobe.

A two pack I'd love to see is Indy and Marion from the end of Raiders when they are both dressed up.That would be real cool.

MaxPhactor23

metalinvader said:
Yet,No Marcus Brody.They could easily place him in a two pack with a teacher Indy..Or do I dare say Indy in his bathrobe.

A two pack I'd love to see is Indy and Marion from the end of Raiders when they are both dressed up.That would be real cool.

I'd be totally down for a teacher Indy. That never popped into my mind until you mentioned it. Is anyone else getting somewhat annoyed by the lack of reasonable alternate Indiana Jones figures? They’re all mostly just the typical jacketed look. Variants on Indy I'd enjoy having include: Young Indy (LC), Indy with tie (LC), White Suit Indy (TOD opening), Shirtless Indy (TOD), Battle Damaged Indy (TOD Bridge scene), German soldier disguise (ROTLA) and a super possible jacketless ROTLA Indy wouldn’t hurt either. It seems we’re getting a map room Indy with the Ark - though he’s lacking the robe (for now).

JimmyPSHayes

MaxPhactor23 said:
I'd be totally down for a teacher Indy. That never popped into my mind until you mentioned it. Is anyone else getting somewhat annoyed by the lack of reasonable alternate Indiana Jones figures? They?re all mostly just the typical jacketed look. Variants on Indy I'd enjoy having include: Young Indy (LC), Indy with tie (LC), White Suit Indy (TOD opening), Shirtless Indy (TOD), Battle Damaged Indy (TOD Bridge scene), German soldier disguise (ROTLA) and a super possible jacketless ROTLA Indy wouldn?t hurt either. It seems we?re getting a map room Indy with the Ark - though he?s lacking the robe (for now).
I read somewhere that young Indy was coming in the LC wave. I can't remember where,though. I've read SO much Toy Fair coverage in the last 2 days, it's all a blur. :)

Shemp

Is anyone else wondering why the ToD line, isn't coming until Wave 4? I thought it would've went:

Wave 1 - Raiders (May 1st)
Wave 2 - Crystal Skull (May 1st)
Wave 3 - Temple of Doom (July)
Wave 4 - Last Crusade (September)

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2008/Hasbro/IJpresentation/image4.asp

Instead they've reversed ToD with LC. I guess, they're not planning many figures for this line. Five at the least; Indy, Short Round, Willie, Mola Ram, and Thugee.

deckard24

Shemp said:
Is anyone else wondering why the ToD line, isn't coming until Wave 4? I thought it would've went:

Instead they've reversed ToD with LC. I guess, they're not planning many figures for this line. Five at the least; Indy, Short Round, Willie, Mola Ram, and Thugee.
Probably because it's considered the least favorite of the 3 films! In order of fan appreciation, Raiders comes first most likely followed by LC then TOD. I'm assuming their taking this same approach with the toys.

MaxPhactor23

Shemp said:

What makes you think this? I've not heard anything indicating that they'll only do 5 figures from TOD. I'd assume they'd do just as many from it as the others - plus some deluxe TOD figures/playsets and vehicles as well.

Plus the line has been stated to continue past next year. Apparently the 30 initial figures aren’t going to be the only figures they ever do. The line will not stop until it’s run out of steam. It arguably doesn’t have potential to last as long as something like Star War - but I’d say we’ll get a full two or three years of Indiana Jones toys.

deckard24

MaxPhactor23 said:
What makes you think this? I've not heard anything indicating that they'll only do 5 figures from TOD. I'd assume they'd do just as many from it as the others - plus some deluxe TOD figures/playsets and vehicles as well.
The playsets in general seem iffy, with the exception of the KOTCS one. Other than that, I'm not sure what they would do in the way of vehicles for TOD? Most of the adventure takes place on foot, witht the exception of elephants. As for the mine cars, I can't see much unless it's a deluxe figure set with a short track.

Also, it seems they're putting the TOD line last, because they want to see how the rest of the lines do. Why make a whole set of toys for one of the least favorite films in the series, if the initial toylines fail to bring in the big bucks?

I hope the lines do great, and we get a full series of TOD figures, vehicles, etc., but I'm not holding my breath!

MaxPhactor23

deckard24 said:
The playsets in general seem iffy, with the exception of the KOTCS one. Other than that, I'm not sure what they would do in the way of vehicles for TOD? Most of the adventure takes place on foot, witht the exception of elephants. As for the mine cars, I can't see much unless it's a deluxe figure set with a short track.

Also, it seems they're putting the TOD line last, because they want to see how the rest of the lines do. Why make a whole set of toys for one of the least favorite films in the series, if the initial toylines fail to bring in the big bucks?

I hope the lines do great, and we get a full series of TOD figures, vehicles, etc., but I'm not holding my breath!

Well I'll agree that they can't do many vehicles from TOD - But you have the mine carts, plane and cars from the opening chase. I didn?t mean playset in the sense of the playset like the one we?re receiving for KOTCS - I mean more akin to the deluxe mini-scenes we seem to be getting. I wouldn?t be surprised if we get at least one or two from TOD - Perhaps a mine cart with track and a sacrificial cage to lower into lava. Mohahaha! They could even do a deluxe spike/bug room!

Shemp

I just can't really think of more necessary figures for that wave. Maybe Club Obi-Wan Indy, and Damaged Indy, or even Lao Che. I would far rather see some playsets for that wave though. Like a mine car playset.

deckard24

MaxPhactor23 said:
Well I'll agree that they can't do many vehicles from TOD - But you have the mine carts, plane and cars from the opening chase. I didn’t mean playset in the sense of the playset like the one we’re receiving for KOTCS - I mean more akin to the deluxe mini-scenes we seem to be getting. I wouldn’t be surprised if we get at least one or two from TOD - Perhaps a mine cart with track and a sacrificial cage to lower into lava. Mohahaha! They could even do a deluxe spike/bug room!
I'd love to see all of those, but I'm a bit skeptical. I hope you're right, and I'm dead wrong though.:hat:

Planes from all the films would be awesome, but like I said before I wouldn't hold my breath.

Man, as a kid I would have killed for a sacrificial cage that lowered into lava!(y)

A mine car playset, like the old radio controlled racetracks, would be awesome!!

Katarn07

Shemp said:
I just can't really think of more necessary figures for that wave. Maybe Club Obi-Wan Indy, and Damaged Indy, or even Lao Che. I would far rather see some playsets for that wave though. Like a mine car playset.

Umm, all three of the ones you named are essential. Lao Che is one of my favorite characters in all three movies. They need to make him! A two pack of Thuggees would be good. One priest and one warrior, perhaps? An awesome "playset/vehicle" would be two mine carts, one with the three heroes and another with a couple of Thuggees.

And proof of Hasbro steering clear of the least popular entry of a series is seen in the SW line. Rarely do they go to the trouble of making any TPM guys since the past two prequels came out.

MaxPhactor23

Shemp said:

Past Mola Ram, Short Round, Willy Scott, Pat Roach Thugee Gaurd and the obligatory Indy...you could have: Chatter Lal (Ceremonial or Suit), the Maharaja, alternate Willie Scott outfits, alternate Indy outfits, slave children, generic thugee soldier (there are many different variations of them too), Lao Che, Lao Che goons, Shirtless Indy, Capt. Blumburett and British soldiers and so on. As for deluxe stuff, you could do the mine carts, sacrificial cage, Indian statues, Short Round with breakaway wall and skeleton, treadmill and rock crusher, Shankara Stone Shrine, elephants, spike room, bug room and so on too. While we obviously won't get all this - a lot could be done.

Plus I wouldn't compare TOD as the Phantom Menace of Indiana Jones. It may be the most criticized as of right now, but it’s certainly not that frowned upon. As a matter of fact, it’s seemed to have grown on people over the years. Around here it seems to be a lot of peoples favorite.

Last edited:

Shemp

If it's that last Wave though, I would expect the least amount of figures, since by September, younger children might foreget about Indy, and move on to a new craze.