Handbook: The Complete Adventurers Guide

Arab Swordsman

RedHuffy said:
Arab Swordsman:

I read on the Spoilers Forum that you picked up the Handbook. Does it feature any new photos from KOTCS? Or is it illustrated with line drawings similar to those featured in The Zombie Survival Guide?

No new pictures from KOTCS but there are pictures from the other movies and some of the drawings like ZSG. I remember some of the drawings are there for escaping the quicksand, fighting off enemies, using the whip, and cutting through a rope bridge.

Kingsley

Arab Swordsman said:
2. There is a section on rocket sleds and how to avoid the enemy on barren government facilities. It says the sled can be a great way to evade capture. Sounds like Indy will use the seld in the movie.
749px-Rocket_sled_track.jpg

Cool scene!
I can stand the fridge factor with this. How not get the hair fully gray after this?

Arab Swordsman said:
6. There is a section that talks says if confronting an ALIEN to "do as Indy" and get the heck out of there.
You know? this is the most coherent thing I have read about Aliens in the movie.

RedHuffy

Arab Swordsman said:
No new pictures from KOTCS but there are pictures from the other movies and some of the drawings like ZSG. I remember some of the drawings are there for escaping the quicksand, fighting off enemies, using the whip, and cutting through a rope bridge.

Thanks.

Just came back from the bookstore with a copy of my own. Looks like it will be a fun read.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Aliens... I'm still hoping that they're not going to be extremely weird looking spider like things... oh wait... That's how they looked in SMFM! :eek:

Seems like the quicksand scene where Marion tells Indy and Mutt that they're father and son, might be legit. Well, at least we know Indy is in the quicksand.

The rocketsled was already confirmed with the action figures talk- there was apparently an Indy figure that came with a roket sled.

How do you break free from being tied up out of interest?

Adamwankenobi

Violet Indy said:
Aliens... I'm still hoping that they're not going to be extremely weird looking spider like things... oh wait... That's how they looked in SMFM! :eek:

It seems like I'm the only one who hopes they look like the CE3K aliens. ;)

Kingsley

They will look "human" more or less... if ther are trying to connect archaeology with ufology... well, that's the way to do it.

It still sounds to scientologic for me :sick:

I just picked mine up. It was in the TV section at the local store. They had a hard time finding it on the computer because it's not supposed to be out until May.

MaxPhactor23

I’m already smelling the backlash. Lucas especially has to be preparing for it. Someone mentioned scientology. I can't help but think that as well. Personally this sounds like Indiana Jones discovers Scientology! I’m just not digging this, and if this can officially be confirmed, I’m fairly positive I’ll walk out of Crystal Skull less then enthusiastic. I’m positive I won’t be alone either. What a true shame too. I never thought I’d see the day when Indiana Jones meets Close Encounters. I’d be better off if I didn’t have to see it at all…:sick:

When Indy meets the Aliens, I’m certainly going to want to get out of there…out of the theater that is.

visionz13

why, you liked
1-glowing stones?
2-700 year old men and invisible walkways?
3-the power of god inside a briefcase?

I think we're closer to discovering aliens then any of the above three..so

whut u talking bout willis?

Adamwankenobi

MaxPhactor23 said:
I?m already smelling the backlash. Lucas especially has to be preparing for it. Someone mentioned scientology. I can't help but think that as well. Personally this sounds like Indiana Jones discovers Scientology! I?m just not digging this, and if this can officially be confirmed, I?m fairly positive I?ll walk out of Crystal Skull less then enthusiastic. I?m positive I won?t be alone either. What a true shame too. I never thought I?d see the day when Indiana Jones meets Close Encounters. I?d be better off if I didn?t have to see it at all?:sick:

When Indy meets the Aliens, I?m certainly going to want to get out of there?out of the theater that is.

Aliens is exactly what I've been wanting to see in the film, so this has made my day. I'm hoping that the film does as rumored, and reveals that the power of the Ark, Sankara stones, and Holy Grail came from an alien species who originated the human race (who would therefore be the God that so many world religions have speculated on).

Adamwankenobi said:
Aliens is exactly what I've been wanting to see in the film, so this has made my day. I'm hoping that the film does as rumored, and reveals that the power of the Ark, Sankara stones, and Holy Grail came from an alien species who originated the human race (who would therefore be the God that so many world religions have speculated on).

Yes because ironically everything Indy's ever found is of extraterrestrial origin.

That's a damned awful idea. Leave the films separate, leave them as a serial, stop with all this "everything's connected" bull****. Ugh, I hate Hollywood. "Look how we can retcon everything to death to make an extra buck."

Adamwankenobi

ResidentAlien said:
Yes because ironically everything Indy's ever found is of extraterrestrial origin.

That's a damned awful idea. Leave the films separate, leave them as a serial, stop with all this "everything's connected" bull****. Ugh, I hate Hollywood. "Look how we can retcon everything to death to make an extra buck."

I just think it would make for an awe-inspiring revelation to Indy and friends, a la the ending of CE3K. :)

No Ticket

Dammit.

I had to walk into this thread.

I had to.

I was being all optimistic about the movie lately and then I come in here to once again have something shoved up in my face that tells me the movie isn't going to be that great. There's that damn fridge again... and now Indy is going to actually MEET an alien. Like, there really are live aliens in the movie?!!

Oh man. Maybe all that talk Lucas is spouting about fans being dissapointed isn't that far off the mark.

I WANT to like this movie. In my head, I just see the dumbest non-Indy type scenes and what would be the saddest part is if it makes Harrison look like a fool because it's so dumb. People want Indy to kick butt when he comes back, not look ridiculous hiding in a refrigator from atom bombs.

... oh well. May 22nd is going to be an interesting day none the less.

Darth Vile

I'd rather aliens not be in it (as I do prefer the religious connotations of the other movies to possible alien connotations of this one), but if they are, I'm prepared to reserve judgment until I see for myself.