General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

AndyLGR

Grizzlor said:
Thank you, I attempted to make this simple point, before being dissected by a team of Sigmund Freuds! I've also never said it will happen, with or without Harrison. I continue to stick with my statement, nothing will move until they have a script. Schedules are irrelevant until there's a script. And again, Iger is focused on Star Wars right now for good reason. Let's not forget that never was an Indiana Jones film shot on top of a SW film back in the day. There was always at least some time in between for the LucasFilm principals.
Very true, and with SW due to take up the next 6 years or so then I wonder when Indy will come to the fore.

Silvor

Disney is a huge corporation.
I don't think they are unable to make Indy 5 while at the same time making Star Wars movies.

Stoo

Grizzlor said:
Let's not forget that never was an Indiana Jones film shot on top of a SW film back in the day. There was always at least some time in between for the LucasFilm principals.
Not a lot of time, though. "Raiders" was in pre-production while "Empire" was still being shot and "Doom" was being prepared when "Jedi" was in post-production. Episode 7 wrapped filming over a month ago so they could've already started on a new Indy movie if they really wanted to.
AndyLGR said:
Very true, and with SW due to take up the next 6 years or so then I wonder when Indy will come to the fore.
A new movie could be done between, just like before. "Raiders" started filming a month after "Empire" was released and "Doom" started filming a month before "Jedi" came out. If Disney stopped being so myopic, the cameras could start rolling about a year from now.
Silvor said:
Disney is a huge corporation.
More like a huge, all-consuming, gelatinous blob.:sick:

AndyLGR

I had a think about it when I was posting on another forum about the same topic and I think they will want to make one more with Harrison. My reasoning behind that is he is currently on a run of Star Wars followed by Blade Runner 2, big high profile releases leading up to another with Indy 5 possibly.

But the Star Wars schedule could get in the way, especially if Han Solo survives TFA and is due to appear in 7 & 8. But looking at what happened with the time to film the latest SW then I think you're right Stoo and they could squeeze another one with Harrison in.

The interesting thing will be if Disney feel the need to involve Spielberg and Lucas. They don't have to. Arguably after KOTCS it may benefit some new ideas?

Gerry2001

Stoo said:
More like a huge, all-consuming, gelatinous blob.:sick:

I know where you got that line Stoo, ha.

They should make a trilogy and shoot them all at the same time as they did with "Back to the Future" 2 & 3 and the "Lord of the Rings". Squeeze as much as they can from Harrison. Sooner the better, agree with that. Chop, chop :whip:

Star Wars, Bladerunner, and Raiders all came out in the same time anyways so it can happen again. That was one of my favourite periods in cinema and I can't believe it might repeat itself. :D

Grizzlor

I do not for see Disney making a final go head before they see how Star Wars does out of the gate. I kind of think that's what Iger was alluding to.

Stoo

Gerry2001 said:
I know where you got that line Stoo, ha.
GERRY-BABY!(y) Yes, it's true, I got it from Gerry-baby on a Skype call shortly after the Lucasfilm purchase and used his analogy here right away because it was so perfect. That was 2 years ago (see: this post), before even knowing my buddy had secretly joined The Raven!
Gerry2001 said:
They should make a trilogy and shoot them all at the same time as they did with "Back to the Future" 2 & 3 and the "Lord of the Rings". Squeeze as much as they can from Harrison. Sooner the better, agree with that. Chop, chop :whip:

Star Wars, Bladerunner, and Raiders all came out in the same time anyways so it can happen again. That was one of my favourite periods in cinema and I can't believe it might repeat itself. :D
Wouldn't that be nuts if each of the 3 new entries came out in the same order as 1980-82? It would be like our early teen years all over again, except without braces and less hair!:)
AndyLGR said:
But looking at what happened with the time to film the latest SW then I think you're right Stoo and they could squeeze another one with Harrison in.
Agreed, with the emphasis on "could" because I was pointing out scheduling possibilities (rather than probabilities). It could be done...but likely won't.
Le Saboteur said:
….they have repeated ad infinitum that Star Wars will be the barometer of their success following the purchase of Lucasfilm. Nothing will happen with the red-headed stepchild until the receipts on Episode VII are tallied.
Grizzlor said:
I do not for see Disney making a final go head before they see how Star Wars does out of the gate. I kind of think that's what Iger was alluding to.
Why would "Star Wars" be used as a measuring stick when Ep. 7 is going to be a $ure-fire money-making $en$ation even if it stinks?:confused: I don't see the connection because Indy & Star Wars are 2 different series.

Imagine the Disney board of execs saying, "If this new Star Wars movie doesn't deliver big, there's no way in hell we're going to make THX-1138.2 and Even More American Graffiti!"

AndyLGR

Stoo said:
Why would "Star Wars" be used as a measuring stick when Ep. 7 is going to be a $ure-fire money-making $en$ation even if it stinks?:confused: I don't see the connection because Indy & Star Wars are 2 different series.

Imagine the Disney board of execs saying, "If this new Star Wars movie doesn't deliver big, there's no way in hell we're going to make THX-1138.2 and Even More American Graffiti!"
Agreed, Ep 7 is going to make a **** load of money, you only have to look at The Phantom Menace to see that a not so good Star Wars movie will still make a fortune.

But I would have thought they could use the momentum that Harrison will gain with Ep7 to push a new Indy movie too, thats unless they are concerned about him getting bad reviews in ep 7 and thats what they are waiting for?

But surely KOTCS did enough money to show that even a very average Indy money can still do good box office?

Pale Horse

Staff member
curmudgeon said:
A lot can happen in 30 months.

and even more in 30 seconds:

eden_fast_magnet.jpg

Finn

Staff member
More like part of the Digital Age vocabulary.

Crash course to the Internet: When you encounter a new word, check 1) the Urban Dictionary 2) TV Tropes. If those come up empty, it's 3) a typo.

TheFedora

Frank Marshall talks about reviving Indy...not looking good.

Interviewer:
Disney has suggested rebooting Indiana Jones, now that they own the franchise. Is that true? Would you still be involved with that?

MARSHALL: You’d have to ask my wife (Kathleen Kennedy). They haven’t come to me yet.

Interviewer:
Does Harrison Ford still want to do one more?

MARSHALL: I don’t know. You’d have to ask her. She just worked with him on that other little franchise (Star Wars). I don’t know. I’m too busy with Jurassic and Bourne and [Sinatra: All or Nothing at All].

Read more at http://collider.com/bourne-crossover-matt-damon-jeremy-renner/#UCkmkk5hCXF1Xw0K.99

Adolf Hitler

TheFedora said:
At least there's no talk of recasting.

To be fair, the interview doesn't really give ans answer either way. If Disney has the rights now then it's Kathleen who would be in the know.

wombocombo

TheFedora said:

I think he may be holding back or they must have the most boring marriage ever! Can you imagine it over dinner 'I'm sorry frank I am not allowed to talk to you about indy but hey I am allowed to tell you all about star wars'. Frank 'ok dear. pass the salt'.

Pale Horse

Staff member
wombocombo said:
I think he may be holding back or they must have the most boring marriage ever! Can you imagine it over dinner 'I'm sorry frank I am not allowed to talk to you about indy but hey I am allowed to tell you all about star wars'. Frank 'ok dear. pass the salt'.

You're comment shows both the lack of understanding concerning the mystery of what it means to be married, and the business standard of what an NDA is.