Petition to publish Staff of Kings novelization!

DocWhiskey

15 people have signed the petition.

C'mon people! Let's so 'em us Indyfans are a force to be reckoned with!

We should start a facebook page! Or contact the SoK facebook page!

Dr.Sartorius

DocWhiskey said:
15 people have signed the petition.

C'mon people! Let's so 'em us Indyfans are a force to be reckoned with!

We should start a facebook page! Or contact the SoK facebook page!

Good idea.

Also, I signed the petition...Only 18 sigs so far...:( We need to advertise this petition on other movie sites.

At the same time, LucasArts cancelled my novel because it wasn't scheduled for publication for another year and would miss out on the publicity related to the game release. Ironic, since I'd completed the novel ahead of my deadline.

I don't understand this. The book was supposed to be released around the same time as the game. Can someone clear this up????????

Shipwreck

Moderator Emeritus
I certainly encourage everything we can do to get this book published. The thought of a lost Indy book would literally drive me crazy. Post the petition EVERYWHERE. The only way they are going to justify (if they even consider it) printing a novel will be if they have buku people wanting it.

The average run for paperback printing is 50,000 copies. That means that we have to justify our request with a lot of signatures. Can we do it? A letter writing campaign saved Star Trek many decades ago and now the entire franchise has been reborn.

Indy can't die. We can't let him fade away. I understand that there was probably a lot of debate about 'cost' etc. but we have been loyal fans. We contributed to those millions upon millions of dollars the new film garnered and we will contribute even more toward the game releases. Too bad we couldn't have boycotted the game unless it was accompanied by the tie-in novel.

We aren't asking much - the book was FINISHED moons ago. We just want to read it. So everything we can do to get that petition signed will go a long way! Again, here's the link:

http://www.petitiononline.com/IJatSoKN/petition.html

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Shipwreck, can we get the petition posted on the main Raider page? (And by <I>we</I>, I suppose I mean you or Gilles or someone else who's involved in the Raider rather than the Raven.)

Goonie

Goonie said:
I just posted a link to the petition over at the COW forum. Hopefully members there will see it and respond.

I've had a few people over at COW respond to my post and they're dissapointed as well. I'll also post the message on other boards I'm on like Micechat (covers Disney and Disneyland) and TheGoonies.org.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I'll post the link on my Youtube channel and Facebook. I don't know a lot of Indyfans on either of those, but hopefully some might just come across those pages and feel the same as the rest of us.

Shipwreck is right. If there's no Indy V, we have got to fight to stop Indy from being put in a museum to gather dust. It's what we should do as fans. :gun:

Maybe if its the spending money thing Lucasfilm is afraid of, they might be persuaded to release it online... First Irish person to sign the petition! SIGN PEOPLE!

WeAreGoingToDie

Supporting a post above, Star Wars DOES have a slew of poor novels. And they're released all the time! Working at a book store for a year, I noticed that Star Wars novels took up a whole shelf and yet we rarely sold more than a couple a month. If Wedge Antilles gets his own series, then at the very least give Indy ONE more novel.
Hey! Here's an idea, make it a Borders Exclusive or something.

dr.jones1986

WeAreGoingToDie said:
Supporting a post above, Star Wars DOES have a slew of poor novels. And they're released all the time! Working at a book store for a year, I noticed that Star Wars novels took up a whole shelf and yet we rarely sold more than a couple a month. If Wedge Antilles gets his own series, then at the very least give Indy ONE more novel.
Hey! Here's an idea, make it a Borders Exclusive or something.

heck, they make SW books that feature characters not even in the movies and a movie icon like Indy has trouble even getting one book, what a disgrace. I signed by the way.

Hawkeye

Just signed it. I'm number 30. I posted a link to the petition in my Facebook ststus, and I Twittered it as well.

DocWhiskey

I took Macgregor's e-mail that was posted a few pages back and searched through facebook and I think I found him.

Should I inform him of the group/petition?

Or is that too obnoxious?

DocWhiskey

Alright, I sent him a message with a link to the group.

Here's the message:

Subject: Rob, we want you Indy Novel to get published!

Us Indyfans at theraider.net's message board "The Raven" think it's unfair about the current situation of your "Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings" novel. Personally, you're a fantastic writer and we LOVE your Indy novels so much and many of us couldn't wait for this one.

So I started a Facebook group with a link to a petition(created by Raven member Shipwreck) declaring that your novel: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings, gets published.

I've posted it at various Indiana Jones websites, forums, and pages. Hopefully it will get noticed and will be the start of something.

Here's the link if you want to view it:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=200234595415

Thank you for your time.

-Chris Constantine-

Goonie

I added a link to the Facebook group on the thread I started at the COW forum.:) I'll also add it to the other message boards I posted on.

Is anyone a member on the Jedi Council Forum over at TheForce.net? I'm not a member there, but I just took a look and saw that there is no mention of the cancellation. Would be worth it posting there as well.:hat: