Sean Connery in Indy 5?

JCC1004

Connery didn't come out retirement for KOTCS. What makes you think he will for a prequel or flashback?

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
There was no specific thread about this so it stays.

What if only his voice returned? Say, if the first reel was a WWII flashback and Connery was at the base providing vital information and wisecracks to Indy's truck, plane or platoon?

JCC1004

I don't even know if he'd even do a voice. The thread is called Sean Conner not Henrny Jones. They could get a younger Henry for it like in YIC.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Voice work is all he does these days, probably without leaving the Bahamas. People would know his voice and/or would expect to hear it, however briefly. His return to movies would generate a lot of press.

The Drifter

I never seen the big deal about Sean Connery. I honestly don't care if he shows up or not.
*Prepares his flame shield*

Stoo

JCC1004 said:
I don't even know if he'd even do a voice. The thread is called Sean Conner not Henrny Jones. They could get a younger Henry for it like in YIC.
He already did a voice-over in "Last Crusade" with Alex Hyde-White playing a younger Henry Sr.'s arm & hand.:p

JP Jones

I really don't get what the big deal is about sean connery and his character. He's really not the first person I'd like to see return.

emtiem

JP Jones said:
I really don't get what the big deal is about sean connery and his character. He's really not the first person I'd like to see return.

I'd probably go for Indiana Jones as being the first person ;)

Like Last crusade, it had an opening set prior to the films date of 1938...I believe it was 1912...anyway, Indy V may have a similar approach, with the date like 1950....the movie can still be a sequel to KOTCS, but have the intro set years before it....that is my two cents:whip:

macca1980

Quote "Like Last crusade, it had an opening set prior to the films date of 1938...I believe it was 1912...anyway, Indy V may have a similar approach, with the date like 1950....the movie can still be a sequel to KOTCS, but have the intro set years before it....that is my two cents"

I think thats a good Indea ahem... idea. in KOTCS Indy only says first I lost dad , then marcus. Jones senior could be missing ,presumed dead, say in 1950, then indy discovers something or other that leads to Jones Sr (the 1st) being found. Guaranteed it will end with the 3 Jones having a beer or something!:D

JCC1004

Moedred said:
Voice work is all he does these days, probably without leaving the Bahamas. People would know his voice and/or would expect to hear it, however briefly. His return to movies would generate a lot of press.
He could easily do a voice. I bet they could find someone with a siialr voice and save alot of money. Henry biend presumable dead isn't such a great idea IMO.

Udvarnoky

Indyfan4ever said:
Like Last crusade, it had an opening set prior to the films date of 1938...I believe it was 1912...anyway, Indy V may have a similar approach, with the date like 1950....the movie can still be a sequel to KOTCS, but have the intro set years before it....that is my two cents:whip:

I can't believe I didn't think of that. It's the most obvious way for them to do it.

indyjones2131

We never here that Henry Sr is dead. Maybe he just went missing and Indy will be on a quest to find him?

Long shot but they could play that card if they chose to. I prefer him dead I think so it probably would be a flashback...

Unless this is indeed a time travel story as I mentioned wanting a few times. Toss in Indy racing AGAINST Shia and this could be cool as hell.

^^ no, no...he IS dead in KOTCS..."Somewhere your grandpa is laughing"...that line pretty much says it all...sorry...to have Jones Sr. in Indy V, it has to be a prequel, an intro set in the early 50's, or some sort of McGuffin that would bring back the dead (highly unlikely)...

Indyfan4ever said:

What a cool idea!