Soundtracks?

InexorableTash

Sputnik said:
Thanks. Are you referring to breakdowns like this:

http://www.youngindianajonesmusic.com/cue-lists/02-passion-for-life

Or something different?

Exactly. If you look at many of the other episodes we've identified where all of the OST tracks appear in the episodes. Basically, those pages contain dumps of the spreadsheet. (I have a tool that does this. I should tweak it to make the page contents easier to understand, and just point to the full data in the sheet.)

That particular page shows that we know there are 6 tracks but don't know the order/timing in the episode, or how much repetition or unreleased music there is.

Ping me via email (@gmail.com) and I can grant you edit access to the spreadsheet if you're interested.

While working through the spreadsheet and watching the episodes, I've been working on making covers for each one and I'd love some feedback. Where would be the best place to do that?

I don't think anyone would object if you used this thread! But feel free to start another one if you want, e.g. in the "Fanwork" forum.

MDew

kip%20yesssMED_zpszxsr7n5m.jpg

Joosse

I fear that the chances of them being released on cd are slimming as cd sales are dwindling.

Perhaps getting them as downloads has a better chance?

InexorableTash

I agree that physical media is all but dead (and no sadness here), but it's a niche market and slow to adapt. All of the soundtrack publishers - Intrada, La-La Land, Varese, FSM... they all still come out with limited run CD releases.

Heck, for the BTTF releases this year they're also doing vinyl!

Stoo

InexorableTash said:
For posterity's sake, here's the bit:

Does the fact that Disney bought Lucasfilm mean something can be expected for the Star Wars and Indiana Jones sagas, or Willow?
I?m not sure yet. I?d love to do the complete Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, so we?ll see. I love the music of Laurence Rosenthal and Joel McNeely, who did a large number of the episodes and TV movies. And there are some Frédéric Talgorn scores in there as well, and I love his music. It would be an amazing set.

---
Let's keep our fingers crossed. A "complete" set would be enormous! Considering a CD can hold about 74-80 minutes of music max. (without compression), it hurts my brain trying to calculate how many discs such a set would be!:eek:

(Tash, somewhere in this thread you posted the total amount of minutes available so far but I can't find it.)
Juicy Joosse said:
That sounds more like BTTP... :rolleyes:
Hey, don't knock vinyl.:whip: Recent years have seen a resurgence in LPs so they've been making a comeback. I even bought my niece a little stereo and Beatles albums and she loves it.

As a long-time record collector, I'd MUCH prefer CDs to downloads because I want something to actually touch?but nothing beats vinyl for the warmth of sound.

InexorableTash

Stoo said:
(Tash, somewhere in this thread you posted the total amount of minutes available so far but I can't find it.)

http://raven.theraider.net/showpost.php?p=534360&postcount=442

But yeah, a complete release would have about 30 minutes of score per 45 minute TV episode or a nice round 60 minutes per DVD chapter. 22 chapters = 22 hours!

Is buy it all. But if Intrada want to ask me for suggestions for a more edited release I'm all ears, too!

Demitasse

Think it would help in this day and age to start some kind of petition? I remember in the late 90's and early 00's there were lots of online petitions to get things onto DVD (even YIJC!) just to show the potential for fan $upport.
It might just be better to email through the contact page as Tash did.

phantom train

Too bad there's no complete YIJC soundtrack yet - I would definitely purchase something like this. I still collect some CD's, but hardly get anymore these days. However, I would definitely get a set like this.

I only have 2?! of the previously released YIJC soundtrack sets...

InexorableTash

Last we heard (via Laird?), the owners had the license for the YIJC music bundled with the music for the films. So Indy V might be good news here if Intrada snags the rights...

Crack that whip

phantom train said:
Too bad there's no complete YIJC soundtrack yet - I would definitely purchase something like this. I still collect some CD's, but hardly get anymore these days. However, I would definitely get a set like this.

I only have 2?! of the previously released YIJC soundtrack sets...

When you say "sets", I assume you mean single-disc albums, right? I'm not aware of any boxed sets or anything like that...

phantom train

Crack that whip said:
When you say "sets", I assume you mean single-disc albums, right? I'm not aware of any boxed sets or anything like that...

Right - sorry for the confusion there. I meant the individual CD's with music from the show; I think there were at least 3 CD's.

phantom train

InexorableTash said:
Last we heard (via Laird?), the owners had the license for the YIJC music bundled with the music for the films. So Indy V might be good news here if Intrada snags the rights...

Sounds slightly promising, if not extremely encouraging....I agree that the promotion surrounding an Indy 5 film will probably be the ONLY way we will see expanded YIJC soundtracks.

It took KOTCS to be released before we could get a decent soundtrack set from all the Classic Indy films - i.e., that small but fantastic boxed set that was released back in Fall 2008. If not for Crystal Skull, I doubt we would ever gotten all of these expanded IJ soundtracks released. Prior to 2008, the only decent soundtrack we had was an individual expanded ROTLA release - from around 1994/1995. The only TOD soundtrack out there was foreign (Japanese, I think), and I can't remember if LC had ever even got an expanded release.

Last edited:
Young Indiana Jones Music in Staff of Kings (Wii Version)

Hello everyone!

This is my first post on The Raven! Been watching some walkthroughs for the Wii version of Staff of Kings, and it has occurred to me that the soundtrack is littered with unreleased Young Indy music, not previously featured in the Lego games or the DVD extra content. So, I took it upon myself to create this list below, which features exactly 20 pieces of music, which, to the best of my knowledge, are all previously unreleased tracks, or are at least, extensions of existing ones. Of this number, I have managed to identify only 9 of them. You will notice I have posted links to the walkthrough videos, with little footnotes of where exactly the music begins and stops [also, those which have been identified, have the DVD duration period listed for comparison(s)]. For those of you Young Indy music enthusiasts, I need your good ears to help identify which episodes these tracks are from as well as the scene(s)!

I've been working with InexorableTash to put together this list, in order to help further complete his database at youngindianajonesmusic.com. I'm told that it is possible to legally rip audio files from Wii Discs and save them to your desktop in mp3 format (like in the Lego Indy games), but alas, we still have yet to test this (I don't own a Wii). Does anybody have a copy of the game they would be willing to experiment with, so we can find out for sure? ;) Even if this is not possible, at least we know that the music is out there in one form or another! (y)

I would like to apologize in advance for the quality of the walkthrough videos. Though all are available in HD 1080p, the game itself, is not very polished. At times, it can be quite difficult to listen to the music because the sound design is rather jarring. The soundtrack will sometimes get completely swallowed by some background SFX, dialogue and other actions on the screen. All you can, do is turn up your volume (but no too high), listen hard and listen carefully! I appreciate your understanding and patience ... (special thanks go to WishingTikal and JDGamerWalkthroughs on YouTube, for uploading these awesome videos)! :hat:

Just to avoid confusion, because I modeled this list after InexorableTash's Episode Cue List, some "identified" tracks have the words "unnamed track" listed next to them. This just means that they are not featured on his list, but are still used in the episode. The titles I provided are just short descriptions to add context, and are not, by any means, legitimate or "finalized" titles (but, it doesn't hurt to make suggestions, eh Tash?). ;)

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this already bloated post, and I invite all who read this to, please, preview these videos whenever you get the chance (we need all the help we can get)! Feel free to take your time and to do it gradually, because there is enough to get through ...

Best regards,
flyingace1939

--

1) Starting Menu - Unnamed Track ["Archduke's Palace" (background/source music)] from Perils of Cupid/Vienna, 1908.

Video Duration: 0:16 - 0:48

DVD Duration: 0:29:22 - 0:31:08

2) Sudan mission (Combat Tutorial) - "Connecting the Cable" (Incomplete) from Espionage Escapades/Prague, 1917.

Video Duration: 9:26 - 14:03

DVD Duration: 1:24:49 - 1:25:40, 1:26:23 - 1:27:42, & 1:29:15 - 1:29:37

3) Sudan mission (Combat Tutorial) - "Dogfight with the Red Baron" (Possible Extension) from Attack of the Hawkmen.

Video Duration: 14:03 - 16:12

(Link Above)

DVD Duration: 0:33:57 - 0:34:45

4) Chinatown mission (Secret Basement Under "Tan's Exotic Imports") - Unknown Track (Very quiet, listen carefully).

Video Duration: 1:55 - 2:12

5) Chinatown mission [The Star of the Orient (in-game cut-scene)] - Unnamed Track ("The Great Wall Scene") from Journey of Radiance/Peking, 1910.

Video Duration: 4:47 - 5:05

(Link Above)

DVD Duration: 0:57:05 - 0:57:22

6) Panama mission ("Recovery" from the Shoot-out in the Mayan Ruin) - Unnamed Track ("Plan ... has ... failed") from Daredevils of the Desert.

Video Duration: 11:29 - 11:40

DVD Duration: 0:59:10 - 0:59:18

7) Panama mission [In-game Cut-scene (Indy Overlooking the Camp at the Lagoon)] - Unnamed Track ("The Lighthorsemen Behold Beersheba") from Daredevils of the Desert .

Video Duration: 12:30 - 12:46

(Link Above)

DVD Duration: 0:58:20 - 0:58:36

8) Panama mission (Shootout at the Falls/Temple of the Three Rivers) - "Assault on Gaza" (Extended) from Daredevils of the Desert.

Video Duration: 3:11 - 4:45

Episode Duration: 0:00:28 - 0:02:59

9) Panama mission (Entering the Sacred Tree Room) - Unnamed Track ["It's Beersheba!" (Hard to hear due to SFX)].

Video Duration: 8:28 - 8:50

(Link Above)

DVD Duration: 0:49:18 - 0:49:33

10) Panama mission (Knocking the Three Stone Heads) - Unknown Track (Again, hard to hear, listen carefully).

Video Duration: 17:09 - 17:22

(Link Above)

11) Panama mission (Mayan Astronomy Puzzle) - Possible Extended Track (Fragments from previous Lego Indy Games).

Video Duration: 13:20 - 15:43

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOuN59RAAQI

12) Istanbul mission (Trapped with the Nazi Agents) - Unknown Track.

Video Duration: 3:56 - 5:03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qj8Oz6m638

13) Istanbul mission (Third Descent into the Catacombs) - Unknown Track.

Video Duration: 21:01 - 22:08

(Link Above)

14) Istanbul mission (Activating the Final Statue) - Unknown Cue.

Video Duration: 30:32 - 30:50

(Link Above)

15) Istanbul mission (Floor Puzzle solved/Final Battle with the Nazi Agents) - Unnamed Track ("First Battle with the Pirates") from Treasure of the Peacock's Eye.

Video Duration: 31:32 - 33:00

(Link Above)

DVD Duration: 0:46:08 - 0:48:16

16) Istanbul Mission (Turkish Spider Tunnel) - Unknown Track.

Video Duration: 0:20 - 0:51

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYcsIiSihAU

17) Nepal Mission (The Chasm) - Unknown Cue.

Video Duration: 5:42 - 5:48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMwXJq2nsak

18) Nepal Mission (Demolishing the Boulder) - Unknown Cue.

Video Duration: 15:27 - 15:35

(Link Above)

19) Nepal Mission (Entering the Nepalese Temple) - Unknown Cue.

Video Duration: 0:11 - 0:22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg8fa90AyHY

20) Nepal Mission (Solving the Reed Basket Riddle) - Unknown Track.

Video Duration: 6:57 - 7:33

(Link Above)

InexorableTash

A huge thanks to flyingace1939 for sharing this discovery!

I can only assume the deafening silence from Stoo, Demitasse, and other regulars on this thread is because there has been so little news lately and they've dropped the habit of checking. Hopefully they'll chime in at some point.

I also don't have a Wii or mad ripping skillz but I assume the game is cheap on eBay at the moment. Heck, I bet Wiis are cheap now...