Greeks Find Ark of the Covenant

Is it True?

• Yes, and now the 2nd coming of Christ is Nigh!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not a chance, it was truly destroyed in the burning of Rome.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stoo

Finn said:
Nope, because the Italian economy is such a way that you really shouldn't be surprised if they happen to be the next ones to "find" the Ark.
Ha ha. Too right about the economy, however, Italy already "has" the Ark, too. I saw (& secretly videotaped) it in a Jehovah's Witness compound in Filadelfia, Calabria.

NOTE: I am NOT a Jehovah's Witness but I was in the inner sanctum of this freaky, cult-like compound. Don't ask why...

EvilEmperorZoRG

I'm from Greece ;)
Although I'm really interested in my history and it's what I read the most, I've never heard about the ark being here. And by the way, is it me or at the last scene of Raiders Of The Lost Ark they take the ark to a Greek island ?
Anyway, I'll let you know if I find anything.
Και ναί, το σουβλάκι γαμεί :D

Pale Horse

Staff member
Stoo said:
NOTE: I am NOT a Jehovah's Witness but I was in the inner sanctum of this freaky, cult-like compound. Don't ask why...

Amway. I just know it.

EvilsockpuppetZoRG said:
And by the way, is it me or at the last scene of Raiders Of The Lost Ark they take the ark to a Greek island ?

It's just you.

Και ναί, το σουβλάκι γαμεί :D

English or bad english only. Unless you like banana creme pie?

Finn

Staff member
Pale Horse said:
Unless you like banana creme pie?
It's quips like these that make me extra thankful we're not exactly democratically elected leaders.

Stoo

WilliamBoyd8 said:
Stoo,

You are still here so you must have chose wisely.
Indeed. I was lucky to get out alive. Considering the amount of security the compound had, it was more difficult getting out than it was getting in!:eek:
Pale Horse said:
Amway. I just know it.
Ha!:D No, the reason wasn't Amway (nor Tupperware nor Avon nor Mary K Cosmetics)!:p
EvilEmperorZoRG said:
And by the way, is it me or at the last scene of Raiders Of The Lost Ark they take the ark to a Greek island ?
You're absolutely correct, Zorg. (Pale Horse is wrong.) It's north of Crete and the closest that resembles it in the real world is the tiny island called, Christiani Nisida.

EvilEmperorZoRG

Stoo said:
Indeed. I was lucky to get out alive. Considering the amount of security the compound had, it was more difficult getting out than it was getting in!:eek:
Ha!:D No, the reason wasn't Amway (nor Tupperware nor Avon nor Mary K Cosmetics)!:p
You're absolutely correct, Zorg. (Pale Horse is wrong.) It's north of Crete and the closest that resembles it in the real world is the tiny island called, Christiani Nisida.

Now that I watched this scene from Riders again, you can also clearly see the words 'EECE' on the map above the island. GREECE probably ;)
I still can't make up the map though.

That's what Indiana Jones Wiki says
By 1936, the Nazis had built a secret submarine base Geheimhaven on an island north of Crete. After re-capturing the Ark of the Covenant from Indiana Jones and Marion Ravenwood, Rene Belloq took the Ark to the island to open it in a Jewish ceremony held at a natural altar near the summit of the island. Belloq, Dietrich, and the Nazis were killed, and Jones and Ravenwood escaped, and returned the Ark to the United States.

Last edited:

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
EvilEmperorZoRG said:
Now that I watched this scene from Riders again, you can also clearly see the words 'EECE' on the map above the island. GREECE probably ;)
I still can't make up the map though.

It is actually Greece but the whole map is totally wrong. Still, Stoo is right, Christiani Nisida is a small uninhabited volcanic island southwest of Santorini and it might be the place where the Ark was supposedly opened.

EvilEmperorZoRG said:
That's what Indiana Jones Wiki says
Eh, the Wiki comes HERE to find things out!

It won't be long till it's updated to something like:
Sakis said:
It is actually Greece but the whole map is totally wrong. Still, Stoo is right, Christiani Nisida is a small uninhabited volcanic island southwest of Santorini and it might be the place where the Ark was supposedly opened.

...minus Stoo's name of course.

EvilEmperorZoRG

I'll go there on Christmas ;)
Best time to go. I knew this island but I never thought it's the one from Raiders. I'll post photos if I manage to go this Christmas !
And I agree, the map is totally wrong. As a kid I was trying to find where the island is and I was so confused :D

Last edited:

Stoo

Sakis said:
Σας ευχαριστώ, Sakis. The map doesn't exactly match the real world but the position is close to Christiani Nisidia...even though the "Raiders" island is much bigger!
Rocket Surgeon said:
Eh, the Wiki comes HERE to find things out!

It won't be long till it's updated to something like:

...minus Stoo's name of course.
Quoted for truth. It's happened on quite a few occasions.:rolleyes: Wiki-Schmiki!

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
It's north of Crete and the closest that resembles it in the real world is the tiny island called, Christiani Nisida.

What was the actual island in this picture? Marin Island, San Pablo Bay, off San Rafael, California is listed as the location of the base, but it doesn't look like the photos I've seen.

348.jpg

Greece_Map.gif

Stoo

Not Christiani Nisidia

Stoo said:
It's north of Crete and the closest that resembles it in the real world is the tiny island called, Christiani Nisida.
Correcting myself, the island is actually a little farther east. Details to follow...;)
Montana Smith said:
What was the actual island in this picture? Marin Island, San Pablo Bay, off San Rafael, California is listed as the location of the base, but it doesn't look like the photos I've seen.
That's because the island is a matte painting!:whip:

Last edited:

Stoo

Anafi

The closest, real-world location is the Greek island of Anafi. (It's also closer in size, too.)

Island_01.jpg

Pale Horse

Staff member
We may see the Ark sooner than we think. At least, a replica of it...

Leaking Roof

very British problem of a leaky church roof could be about to give the world the chance to glimpse the legendary Ark of the Covenant.
That's because the claimed home of the iconic relic - a small chapel in Ethiopia - has sprung a leak and so the Ark could now be on the move.
The Ark - which The Bible says holds God's Ten Commandments given to Moses on Mount Sinai - is said to have been kept in Aksum, in the Chapel of the Tablet.....

Pale Horse said:
We may see the Ark sooner than we think. At least, a replica of it...
After all, how could they have the real one when it's in my basement?

It's the only thing that hold up my nerf hoop!

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
After all, how could they have the real one when it's in my basement?

It's the only thing that hold up my nerf hoop!

You didn't pick it up from Marrakesh, did you? Belloq's son reportedly made copies.

Gear

I wonder if the 'unveiling' of the Ark will coincide with that supposed staged second coming, via Project Blue Beam...