Greeks Find Ark of the Covenant

Is it True?

• Yes, and now the 2nd coming of Christ is Nigh!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not a chance, it was truly destroyed in the burning of Rome.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Montana Smith

NickTurner said:
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no substitute for a good blaster at your side... :D

I reckon the only difference between Han and Indy's approach to archaeology would be Han leaving a tip to the temple keeper in lieu of damages caused.

The Ethiopians are lucky they just have a leaky roof, and not a full-on visitation by Indy. :eek:

foreverwingnut

The Bible describes the dangerous properties of the Ark in what may be explained as radioactivity. I think there is strong evidence that there is something ominous hidden and guarded within a certain temple in Axom (or Axum, depending on the map) in Ethiopia. Every priest who has vowed to protect the secret has developed cataracts within two years- a symptom of exposure to radioactivity. However, the Ethiopians admit there have been many effigies of the Ark to deter robbers away from the real one. If an Ark was found in Greece, could it be one of the fakes brought back by Alexander The Great? How could anyone even tell the difference between a fake Ark and the real one? Unless a ghost pops out and faces melt away, what other criteria would archeology go on to prove its authenticity?

Archaeos

foreverwingnut said:
Unless a ghost pops out and faces melt away, what other criteria would archeology go on to prove its authenticity?

I think that would qualify as a dead giveaway, even for a modern archaeologist.