• Steele and Jones

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Bill Kelso

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other (post about it below)

Votes: 15 20.3%

• Total voters

Major West

Thanks, it definitely is comfortable to wear and looks good. I don't feel the need to get the Hero Raiders jacket,...for now. :D

Will be tempted by Wested's Last Crusade Hero, when they launch it.

Drones33

Its interesting that the simple addition of the silver zip and the hero pockets make this look far more like the jacket I see in Raiders than even my shrunken lambskin Hero.
Inspired by this I`m going to order one similar. But, with or without internal facings, that is the question...

Major West

The internal debate. :D It would probably further add that touch of screen realism, but as you noted the jacket looks very Raidersy as it is. :cool:

Dr.Sartorius

Drones33 said:
Its interesting that the simple addition of the silver zip and the hero pockets make this look far more like the jacket I see in Raiders than even my shrunken lambskin Hero.
Inspired by this I`m going to order one similar. But, with or without internal facings, that is the question...

Didn't the Raiders jacket have a copper zipper?

Major West

Dr.Sartorius said:
Didn't the Raiders jacket have a copper zipper?

No it was silver. They painted it copper in some early scenes of the film but it wore off. In the latter half of the film, ie: desert, Well of Souls, flying wing, truck chase, the jacket displays the silver zipper.

Technically both are correct, and Westeds non custom Raiders jackets all have brass zippers unless you order the hero jacket (or custom Raiders jacket and request it). To me the silver looks more correct, and the jacket just looks better with a silver zip.

Last edited:

Drones33

Major West said:
Newest Wested. Custom Raiders, authentic Lambskin. A thing of beauty to wear and look at. Click for larger:

Inspired by this I've just ordered one; custom made with buckles, gussets and silver zip, ( thanks to Major West for putting this particular custom combination together (y) )

Glenville86

Glenville86 said:
I never implied it was not a nice jacket and it is pretty close I suppose to the movie jackets in the 1st film. I have Indy jackets from other makers that I personally like more than the BK. I am not a cosplay type. The BK for some is the "holy grail" of current production Indy jackets for some. I also had a Wested Hero jacket that I did not care for and passed it along. That said, I have other Wested Indy jackets I really like. Again, the Kelso jacket is a great jacket for the right person depending on what they are looking for. I just like some of the other offerings available on the market more than the BK jacket.

Well, I decided to wash the BK last night on a 15-minute warm cycle and put it in the dryer on 2 15-minute cycles. Worn it around the house and again this morning. Just gave it a pecards treatment and will let it sit for a day before wiping down. The jacket is a 48 but I requested a certain chest size, sleeve length and back length. Jacket was alright but a little too long in the front. It shrunk just enough all around for a better fit. Will post some pics when I get a chance.

Glenville86

:(
Drones33 said:
That's first class. Certainly looks like the washing/pecards treatment did it no harm. Beautiful skin. (y)

It was sort of a risk given the price of the jacket but I was just not happy with the fit and did not wear it much. Now I will wear it more.

I have washed 4 jackets now and am batting 500. This one and the Wested Hero in Goatskin came out alright but one US Wings and another Wested ended up being given to charity. From my experience, the lighter leathers seem to accept the treatment well while the heavier leathers do not. That is just my experience and may vary with other folks.

Drones33

Wise words

Got an email from Wested yesterday saying that my new custom Raiders has been dispatched. Should be here within the next few days. Really looking forward to it. This'll be the seventh Indy jacket I've bought from Wested over the last nine years ( plus the S&J I picked up on eBay, several fedoras, a couple of bullwhips and a ton of collectables,) and I was talking with Wife about how I appreciate her acceptance and even encouragement of what is quite an expensive hobby. She replied...
" Well as middle-aged mens' hobbies go, it's cheaper than a sports car and safer than a motorbike, so I've got no problem with it."
Wise words.
So next time you're considering buying that beautiful new Indy Jacket, ( and I'm looking longingly at Glenville's BK photos here) but you ask yourself if you can really justify another one, just remember...
It's cheaper than a sports car, and safer than a motorbike.:hat:

Last edited:

Drones33

Glenville86 said:
:(

It was sort of a risk given the price of the jacket but I was just not happy with the fit and did not wear it much. Now I will wear it more.

I have washed 4 jackets now and am batting 500. This one and the Wested Hero in Goatskin came out alright but one US Wings and another Wested ended up being given to charity. From my experience, the lighter leathers seem to accept the treatment well while the heavier leathers do not. That is just my experience and may vary with other folks.
I'm glad it's turned out so well this time. It would be a shame not to show this one off.

Major West

Drones33 said:
Got an email from Wested yesterday saying that my new custom Raiders has been dispatched. Should be here within the next few days. Really looking forward to it.

Good news. :hat:

Drones33

It arrived yesterday. A thing of beauty. The silver zip looks great with the dark of the lambskin, which is thinner than I expected but thats a good thing, and the fit is superb,( gussets every time from now on!)It obviously still has that brand spanking new pristine-ness, looking forward to it developing a bit of character.
First class. I chose wisely...
Or rather, Major West chose wisely, I just stepped where he stepped :)

I`ll post some pics over the weekend

Glenville86

Drones33 said:
It arrived yesterday. A thing of beauty. The silver zip looks great with the dark of the lambskin, which is thinner than I expected but thats a good thing, and the fit is superb,( gussets every time from now on!)It obviously still has that brand spanking new pristine-ness, looking forward to it developing a bit of character.
First class. I chose wisely...
Or rather, Major West chose wisely, I just stepped where he stepped :)

I`ll post some pics over the weekend

Congrats on the new jacket.