Rarest/most expensive item you own

Exulted Unicron

We've all got our own collection of indy merchandise in various formats, from books, to pens, to t-shirts, to games and so on and so forth. What makes me interested with collectors is:

1. Whats the rarest piece of merchandise you own?
2. What is the most expensive piece?

as for me:

Rarest: carded 82 Toht
most expensive: DST UQS Indy

james2094

My rarest is a carded toht also.
And I guess most expensive is the Premium Format Raiders Figure.
Actually thats not true. I just thought of my
car number plate 'INDY 4'. Cost me about $800 which is
standard for a personalised plate here in NZ.

Nothing too rare\valuable. Luckily after years of Star Wars collecting I learned to collect just what I really like and not concerned with rarity\value.

I don't own it yet, but it's on it's way so I'd have to say the Sideshow Fertility Idol fits both criteria for me. Only rare because it's limited to 1500.
I do have a bunch of Kenner Indy figures hidden somewhere in the attic at my parents (with a vinyl caped Jawa) I've not looked in years and only dug up the map room and no Indy figures (but did find 2 blue snaggletooth's, free from a tour of Kenner's Cincy factory in the late 70's & early 80's)

Joosse

Hm. Tough cookie.

My rarest is probably the piece of original storyboard from Raiders. Can't resist showing that one off again... ;)

storyboard2r.jpg

storyboard1

The most expensive on the other hand is most likely my Marshall suit from Magnoli...

It should be arriving any day now.

Wait a second, no it's not. I only just realised, my most expensive is probably my revolver. I own an original Lefaucheux revolver from 1862.

lefaucheuxrevolver2.jpg

It's not a 100% Indiana Jones item, but I do use it with that as well. Makes a nice filler for my holster...

holster.jpg

Montana Smith

Joosse said:
It's not a 100% Indiana Jones item, but I do use it with that as well. Makes a nice filler for my holster...

holster.jpg

I have one of those original holsters, but sadly no Webley or Smith & Wesson to put in it. Only a replica heavyweight Colt .45, but that already has its own western tie down holster.

I'm a cheapskate, so my most expensive single Indy purchase was probably the Sideshow Raiders 1/6 figure.

Nothing really rare, but the earliest items would be the Marvel Raiders comics and annual.

Rhys135

Most expensive: KOTCS Indy Premium Figure.

Rarest: possibly the Bronze plated Indy on horse statue from Gentle Giant - limited to 500 pieces.

Pale Horse

Staff member
I have in my possession, the ashen remains of Nurhachi -- the first Emperor of the Manchu Dynasty....

Don't Ask...

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:
I have in my possession, the ashen remains of Nurhachi -- the first Emperor of the Manchu Dynasty....

Don't Ask...

Oh, I thought that was tea. Sorry. Thought it tasted a bit funny.:eek:

indyclone25

most exspensive that i own is probably the raiders indy figure from sideshow
the most rarer, hmmmm thats a toughy .

NickTurner

Montana Smith said:
Oh, I thought that was tea. Sorry. Thought it tasted a bit funny.:eek:

That made me chuckle!

Rarest will be my latest project once I'm done with it. It will be pretty much one of a kind :whip:

Most I've spent on a single item is probably my Akubra Fed deluxe, which I wear every chance I get! Like today, for example:hat:

Most of the items I have are toys:D

lao che & sons

Rarest, for me is probably hasbro temple of doom figures(y)

Most expensive, has to go to the sideshow raiders INdy figure.

Both are great pieces. Recommended to all:)

Pale Horse

Staff member
Chuckle

I am giving serious consideration to renaming this thread: What is the Holy Grail of Indy Memorabilia

DocWhiskey

Besides the Kenner figures, I really don't know what is considered rare or not.

I have the complete line of Disney exclusive Indy figures.

I have the complete set of original RotLA trading cards.

1st editions of the ToD novel and RotLA script book.

A Short Round figure.

The most expensive is probably my Todd's Indy jacket.

Jack Panix

The rarest item I have is the Sideshow refrigerator from the KotCS Indy exclusive - only 600 made.

The most expensive Indy collectible I have is the Sideshow Fertility Idol prop replica ($190).

ROB98374

My rarest item, I guess, is the Indiana Jones Adventure 10th Anniversary Mara Face Resin Clock with Bobble Skulls. It is a limited edition of 200.
Or I have a Indiana Jones painting. It is a one-of-a-kind.

My most expensive item is the Indiana Jones Premium Format Figure. Or any of the Sideshow stuff really.

Montana Smith

DocWhiskey said:
1st editions of the ToD novel and RotLA script book.

I forgot about my 1st edition Raiders paperback with the pre-Harrison Ford artwork. That's my earliest piece of Indy memorabilia, but I don't know if it's really rare.

lao che & sons said:
Rarest, for me is probably hasbro temple of doom figures(y)

I never considered those as rare when I was thinking of what I had in my collection, since luckily they were the first ones that I saw on discount in the UK. I have several sets, both loose and carded.

Nick Turner said:
Rarest will be my latest project once I'm done with it. It will be pretty much one of a kind :whip:

A new top secret project? :D

ROB98374 said:
My rarest item, I guess, is the Indiana Jones Adventure 10th Anniversary Mara Face Resin Clock with Bobble Skulls. It is a limited edition of 200.

I've got one of those, along with some of the other Disney stuff from the same time. I can't remember what else came with it as it's all stored away. I have some of the pins as well.

I'm not sure what my most expensive item is. I've got some proof cards from the Kenner line, and a collection of AFA graded unpunched figures, but a lot of that stuff has really come down in price in the last couple of years.

Mickiana

Nothing rare, but the single most expensive article I have is my David Morgan twelve foot twelve plait bullwhip. It cost me about AU$1100. I don't regret it as it's crafted absolutely beautifully.

Billy Ray

Hmm...

Rarest would probably be my vintage Kenner figures (Indy, Map Room Indy, Toht, Cairo Swordsman, Marion) and playsets (Well of Souls and Map Room)

Most expensive would be Medicom Indy and/or Henry ($150 ea).