The All Things Alien Thread

Finn

Staff member
ResidentAlien said:
Now my post's all out of context. It was in reference to the newbie who posted a separate alien thread. You dastardly mods and your covert thread-merging!
The upkeep apologizes for the inconvenience. Unfortunately we were on short stock with mean and smart-arsed thread-closure messages at the time.

OmegaSeamaster

Matt Holcomb said:
Lucas is expecting a lot of fan backlash over the risky decision to introduce aliens to the "Indiana Jones" mythos.

Yeah, let's hope he likes custard pies, because a lot may be headed his way.

misnomer

well we know from the monopoly board that archies diner makes an apperance. In the SMFM script, if I remember correctly, Indy had a close encounter here. So who knows? I think its pretty likely we'll see little gray men in this movie.

No Ticket

Finn said:
The upkeep apologizes for the inconvenience. Unfortunately we were on short stock with mean and smart-arsed thread-closure messages at the time.

You should really keep a stock pile of those handy at all times. Just in case.

xVendetta17x

Lucas sucks at writing, and he wrote the Star Wars series
And the dialogue was horrible
I read a quote from Harrison saying that he and Mark Hamil had a bet each day on the set on who had the worst dialogue

Blue Jay

hmm, i just read an article on a german politics magazine called the spiegel (like Time magazine) where they are talking about a bunker and testing its resistance.
The interesting part is when they are talking about a german test of the a bomb on august 31st 1957 in the USA, called "smokey" :)
At that time this was the biggest test of the a bomb on american soil ever.

Well, i just read 1957 and USA, this at least fits to the spoilers we heard.
http://einestages.spiegel.de/external/ShowTopicAlbumBackground/a1613/l11/l0/F.html#featuredEntry

Nurhachi1991

here is my theory its stupid but just a thought

the protests are about aliens like the government is hidings stuff from us and the crystal skull is some sort of communication device for us to understand the aliens or something like that and the russians want it to make first contact.............

yeah its dumb and i hope the plot is nothing close to it

WillKill4Food

Nurhachi1991 said:
here is my theory its stupid but just a thought

the protests are about aliens like the government is hidings stuff from us and the crystal skull is some sort of communication device for us to understand the aliens or something like that and the russians want it to make first contact.............

yeah its dumb and i hope the plot is nothing close to it
too much like Star Trek IV, with Crystal Skulls instead of humping...er...humpback whales.

WillKill4Food

xVendetta17x said:
Star Trek IV sucked...
Actually most of them did
Especially Wrath of Kahn for one reason
"KAHN!"
Strangely enough, i liked IV. I hated II (Kahn) and the only reason I watched III was because Christopher Lloyd played a Klingon commander. V really sucked and VI was okay to me. The "Motion Picture" the first one was so bad that I think I slept through most of it.