R.I.P. Maggie 1998-2008

Indy~Annie

man im sorry that happened.:(

im a really big Kitty cat lover.i had lots.it seems like many stray cats come to my house and there so far gone they always seem to die.(n) but i had lots of luck too.....

but gosh!! i hope your doing better.

i cant stand to think of my inside cat dying.....i would never be the same person ever....

but at least you'll get to see your Maggie in heaven some day.:)

Mrs_Fedora

That's horrible! I know how it is to find your catdead. My cat was also hit by a car and died some years ago. She was only one year old, the poor thing. And it was her own fault..

My condolences!

The Man

In time you should find a new kitten and devote your attention to that. It doesn't make Maggie any less special. It makes a different cat just as lucky as she was to have you. My last cat, Earl, died on the roads a few years back, but I have another rascal now who I care for just as much.

IndySeven

My condolences to you.

I know how hard losing a pet can be. I've lost numerous pets over the years, including my beloved pet goldfish that passed away a few years ago.:(

I hope you feel better, and again my condolences go out to you.

Katarn07

Don't get another to replace her. You won't like him/her because you were so fond of Maggie. Believe me, I know from experience. We got another male dog, Wrigley, after our first, Benny, died. It was more for our female dog, Dug, who had had a companion her whole life. But she doesn't like Wrigs and neither do I. He's a bit of a moron. I'm sure you'll think the same of any cat you get.

jtobin13

3 pets

I m sorry for your loss . I have a 14 year old and a 5 month old goldendoodle,
and a cute 2 year old cat
john

BlackSleep

My condolences, I know how tough it is to lose a pet. Especially when your pet has been a part of your family for as long as that.

Nurhachi1991

Yeah I know...... Something weird though at about 3:15 a.m. my dog was off my bed on the carpet standing on her back legs barking like crazy at the door I figured she had to go out so I opened the door and she starts whimpering than goes back to my bed?!

tupogirl

Did Maggie and your dog get along?

When our 3 month old doxie passed, our 3 year old dog had a horrible time with it. They used to share a dog biscuit at night and she would lay in front of the biscuit for an hour, like she was waiting for him. That's how we ended up getting our current dog, Spencer Tracy, because Daisy was so lonely. They just fought all the time.

When Daisy got hit by a car, there really wasn't much blood. I've been trying to block that memory...

Nurhachi1991

tupogirl said:
Did Maggie and your dog get along?

When our 3 month old doxie passed, our 3 year old dog had a horrible time with it. They used to share a dog biscuit at night and she would lay in front of the biscuit for an hour, like she was waiting for him. That's how we ended up getting our current dog, Spencer Tracy, because Daisy was so lonely. They just fought all the time.

When Daisy got hit by a car, there really wasn't much blood. I've been trying to block that memory...

Maggie and my dog were best friends we got Maggie when my dog was a puppy so they were the closest friends out of any of us. My dog knows Maggie is dead and she just lies on the dirt mound with her head down next to her dead pal....

QBComics

Sorry, man. I had a cat named "Tribbles" :)rolleyes:) when I was a baby and she loved me. A few years later she died. :( Well, time moves on a I soon found myself with a new cat. Hope you feel better. :)

Nurhachi1991

Here is a picture of Maggie and my dog

MaggieandBean.jpg

Can't even look at it anymore without crying. I feel like a damn wimp.

Little Indy

Hey man sorry for your loss.

I am a big cat lover too. One of the posters brought up that cats go off to pass away in a corner or a secluded area. That is true. They are solitary animals. I don't know if that is the case with your beloved cat. I don't know all the circumstances. When my cat Kitty passed away I was pretty upset about it. She was also a stray and we had some great times. Hang in there.

Nurhachi1991

Yeah Im just praying no one killed her intentionally because I swear to god I would kill them........... MY cat and dog meant the world to me I still have my dog but she's getting older to. I just don't know anymore. The thought of carrying my cats lifeless body to her final resting place in the backyard really killed me inside and I will never forget that.

Indy~Annie

i still believe that one guy who didnt like us who worked on our house smashed my cat on purpose....cause she was crushed but behind the bushes...? and its like a mile walk to get to the main road thats how long our drive way is.lol

i shouldnt point fingers but i believe he did.....

Nurhachi1991

Well this experience has taught me one important thing cherish life and everything in it. I used to worry about stupid things such as being in a competition with people of who was the biggest Indy fan or why I hated fair weather fans....... stiff like that when you stop and think about it why does it matter? It doesn't make you any better than anyone else it doesn't make you feel any better. I take a lot of things for granted in this world my cat was included because I figured hell nothing like that will ever happen to me or my animals. This was a real live changing moment for me the look in my dead cats eyes before I buried her they were filled with fear and pain and I asked myself where the hell was I when one of my best friends needed me most? A part of me died inside and will never recover from this. So if I ever sounded like a know it all jerk to anyone on these boards I'm sorry....... It's just a dang movie why get so worked up about it when at any given moment something you love can be taken away with a blink of an eye. What gets to me most about my cat is that I never even got to say goodbye to her. One minute would of been enough to tell her thank you for filling my life with joy and comfort. Life goes on I know and time is the best healer but I don't think I can ever live this one down. I thank all of you who have posted you guys are genuinely good hearted people and it has been great reading all of your responses...

The Drifter

I am sorry, man.
The death of a beloved pet can be very tragic; even more so when you had her as long as you did.

I had a pet cat for 13 years.
It was born breech, and I had to help it from the birth canal, and from that moment that cat was mine.
His name was Figgero and he was my best friend all throughout my teenage years. When he died, I was startled by the heavy feeling of loss that I had for an animal.
Turned out that animal meant alot to me. It's been about four years since his death, and I still think of him and miss him.

StoneTriple

Nurhachi1991 said:
... to tell her thank you for filling my life with joy and comfort.

And you did the same for her. That's ten wonderful years you two gave each other. She knew.

I've been there. Grieving and mourning are an important and necessary part of coping with the loss.

My condolences.