The Official Trailer Thread

Avilos said:
You are so transparent! You have assessed and rejected the cinematographic style based on that crappy videotaped bootleg???!!!

A. It's very clear
B. If you REALLY followed my posts you'd have seen that I expressly stated I'm not writing off the trailer til I see it in HD.

I see clean through you, Mr. Self-Assurance.

The irony is, Avilos, that you look for a reason to attack me based on some prejudice. I've openly questioned the film's direction in the past; OH GOD FORBID I QUESTION LORD SPIELBERG! :rolleyes:

You are what you accuse me of; vindictive and incorrigible. You just want to "set me straight" because you want to disagree with me. How's that feel?

ResidentAlien said:
The irony is, Avilos, that you look for a reason to attack me based on some prejudice. I've openly questioned the film's direction in the past; OH GOD FORBID I QUESTION LORD SPIELBERG! :rolleyes:

You are what you accuse me of; vindictive and incorrigible. You just want to "set me straight" because you want to disagree with me. How's that feel?

Be careful, you'll become the new clintonhammond.:sick:

herr gruber said:
Be careful, you'll become the new clintonhammond.:sick:

Hardly. I'm just sticking up for myself. I've been personally attacked due to my view on the trailer. I've every right to state my position when I'm called out.

ResidentAlien said:
Hardly. I'm just sticking up for myself. I've been personally attacked due to my view on the trailer. I've every right to state my position when I'm called out.

I understand! I've been attacked too! Apparently, any opinion that is not "OH GOD! I'M IN ECSTASY" will meet with ferocious assault. My earlier views were simply based on initial viewing and my views may or may not change in due course. These guys are cult like in their thought.

Avilos

You lost all credibility with me RA when you did not see the difference between the dangers of having a gun loaded with blanks on set, which have accidentally killed people (Brandon Lee), and the "dangers" of a coiled whip....

Avilos said:
You lost all credibility with me RA when you did not see the difference between the dangers of having a gun loaded with blanks on set, which have actually accidentally killed people (Brandon Lee) and the "dangers" of a coiled whip....

Ooooh, what an intelligent retort. Yes, I'm truly worried about my credibility with you.

And Brandon Lee was NOT shot between takes. He was shot during filming.

Avilos

ResidentAlien said:
Ooooh, what an intelligent retort. Yes, I'm truly worried about my credibility with you.

And Brandon Lee was NOT shot between takes. He was shot during filming.
"Indy does not use a Gun in the film" or words to that effect.
I rest my case.:rolleyes:

Avilos said:
"Indy does not use a Gun in the film" or words to that effect.
I rest my case.:rolleyes:

What case? I NEVER said Indy doesn't use a gun. Go back and re-read those posts; don't you already know what you're talking about? You assured me you did...

I said there was a possibility--and that it was likely he wouldn't based on circumstantial evidence. It's called speculation--that's what a forum is for... Discussion, speculation, debate... you know, based on the very definition of the word "forum."

But you'll believe whatever you want to convince yourself of, so why do I even bother pointing out your blatant fallacies?

Avilos

ResidentAlien, Bottom line - you have a pattern of assuming negative things about the film with little or no evidence. You are "That Guy". Every forum, on every subject has one. Just own up to being The Raven incarnation of that cliché! (y)

Avilos said:
ResidentAlien, Bottom line - you have a pattern of assuming negative things about the film with little or no evidence. You are THAT GUY. Every forum, on every subject has one. Just own up to being The Raven incarnation of that cliché! (y)

Just own up to being the Raven incarnate of the forum-a$$hole who can't appreciate anyone else's opinion.

Fact is, I've ardently supported many things from the new film. Several of the photos, the teaser poster (which many disliked), even the new font on the teaser poster. My track record isn't as one sided as you claim.

drwynn

ResidentAlien said:
What the hell do you mean?! You just saw 2 minutes of footage straight out of the film. You now know the cinematographic style and the relative tone of the film. That's plenty to begin judgment on.

Stop being such a follower. Question once in awhile.

Uh...actually, there was only about 1 minute and 15 seconds of footage from the new film...but, who's counting?

IndyFalco

Umm..WOW,
just one thing,

the CGI and the Action... I couldn't help to notice that it was a little too much. Sure there was only 2:00 minutes worth, but... I think i'll go as far as to say the trailer seemed alittle too...

Live Free or Die Hard and King Kong

bigdaddygamer14

Resident Alien is always looking for an argument. He's never said a kind word to me. And he probably won't in his reply to this message either.

Avilos

I am curious about this CGI reaction. What does everyone think is CGI in the trailer? I am not saying for sure there is not any at all. But most of what I see is practical effects. Very elaborate stunts and camera setups to be sure but done on the set.

Of course long establishing shots are going to be CGI matte paintings. In the old days those would have been 2D matte paintings or physical models. But this transition to CGI establishing shots is true for all movies these days. They certainly could not have build that Pyramid full size or find a real one that fits the requirements of the story!

Last edited:

bigdaddygamer14

Don't you remember the first LAST CRUSADE trailer?

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1800080788/video/6432222/

After seeing that, people were probably really skeptical also. But the fact is, Spielberg's movies are NEVER like the trailers for them. The trailers help sell the movie, but once you walk into the film, it's a completely different experience.

I've never seen a Spielberg trailer that evoked the same feeling that his films do. Never.

metalinvader

I don't know guys,I thought the trailer was AWESOME!!! I had a **** eating grin on my face the whole time.Fantastic stuff!(y)

Deckard

IndyFalco said:
Umm..WOW,
just one thing,

the CGI and the Action... I couldn't help to notice that it was a little too much. Sure there was only 2:00 minutes worth, but... I think i'll go as far as to say the trailer seemed alittle too...

Live Free or Die Hard and King Kong

King Kong? Get real man.