Indiana Jones Stuff - Digital Versions

Stoo

JuniorJones said:
Sometimes, it's not want the Raven can do for you but what you can do for the Raven.
Unfortunately, many people might follow the same train of thought that Indy stated in "Cité de la Foudre": I'm a TAKER!

You seem to be the chief archivist of printed, Indy material. No one else can even come close to your acts of preservation, Mr. JuniorJones.;) I've got some stuff to scan but haven't gotten around to doing it yet.:( Is it worth the time? I don't know...

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
Unfortunately, many people might follow the same train of thought that Indy stated in "Cité de la Foudre": I'm a TAKER!

You seem to be the chief archivist of printed, Indy material. No one else can even come close to your acts of preservation, Mr. JuniorJones.;) I've got some stuff to scan but haven't gotten around to doing it yet.:( Is it worth the time? I don't know...

First, forgive the typo on the JFK quote.

Second, it's always worth archiving. No, question. I, for one, apprechiate the effort anyone makes in doing this as it benefits community in supporting the knowledge base.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if we could catalogue all Indy merchandise, print material etc from around the world and have it available in one place for future Indy appreciation and help world peace.

Well, maybe not world peace but it's just a thought.

JuniorJones said:
Wouldn't it be fantastic if we could catalogue all Indy merchandise, print material etc from around the world and have it available in one place for future Indy appreciation and help world peace.

Well, maybe not world peace but it's just a thought.

Actually I'm in the process of photographing and databasing ALL the items at Ravenwood - which should be more than 6,000 items when I'm done. And then I'll add in anything I know about that we don't own (yet).

Les

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
throwmetheidol said:
Actually I'm in the process of photographing and databasing ALL the items at Ravenwood - which should be more than 6,000 items when I'm done. And then I'll add in anything I know about that we don't own (yet).

Les

I would like to go a bit deeper than photographs and present the materials in it's best format digitally and that means scanning and cracking open a few mylar bags.

An ongoing list of all merchandise/material that be could added to by all would be useful.

How far have you got and what method, system, detail are you indexing?

6,000 items, once you've done it, we can find new stuff and drive you crazy.

I hope you're buying a conveyor belt as previous posted as I, personally, would not consider you collection or the museum complete without it! I've ordered mine...:)

Last edited:
JuniorJones said:
An ongoing list of all merchandise/material that be could added to by all would be useful.

How far have you got and what method, system, detail are you indexing?

6,000 items, once you've done it, we can find new stuff and drive you crazy.

We helped co-write a database for Sansweet's Rancho Obi-Wan that took 2 years to perfect and complete. It's written in FileMaker so that it could also be portable (Smartphones, iPhone, iPad, etc)... it was then re-skinned for use here at Ravenwood. I'll try and post a detailed populated screen but it's very detailed. I'm past entering over 1,000+ records and haven't scratched the surface. Taking a good photo (or more) and entering is very time consuming.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
throwmetheidol said:
We helped co-write a database for Sansweet's Rancho Obi-Wan that took 2 years to perfect and complete. It's written in FileMaker so that it could also be portable (Smartphones, iPhone, iPad, etc)... it was then re-skinned for use here at Ravenwood. I'll try and post a detailed populated screen but it's very detailed. I'm past entering over 1,000+ records and haven't scratched the surface. Taking a good photo (or more) and entering is very time consuming.

Is it possible for the database to be made available, in some form, as a wider project to catalogue all Indy merchendise.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Raiders of the Lost Ark - Storybook - Random House (1981)

img257.jpg

img263.jpg

img265.jpg

img266.jpg

JuniorJones said:
Is it possible for the database to be made available, in some form, as a wider project to catalog all Indy merchandise.

We are cataloging ALL Indy stuff - from all countries. After it's done I'm considering what to do with it - it may take the form of a book, an app, or something not-yet-considered. I've got a long way to go before I have to decide that (25-50 items a week is the pace right now)...

I.M.J.

If we want this to be the real deal, then we should start scans in PDF format so that these now VERY out of print pieces can be read.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
throwmetheidol said:
We are cataloging ALL Indy stuff - from all countries. After it's done I'm considering what to do with it - it may take the form of a book, an app, or something not-yet-considered. I've got a long way to go before I have to decide that (25-50 items a week is the pace right now)...

Are you looking at this commerically?

I.M.J. said:
If we want this to be the real deal, then we should start scans in PDF format so that these now VERY out of print pieces can be read

We've had this discussion previously regarding the scanning of out of print books and although some material has been made available I don't think there is any real support, or inclination for this to be done within the IJ community.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
James Bomd and Indiana Jones- Actiion Figures (Histoire & Collections

Image01-8.jpg

Image06-1.jpg

Image07-1.jpg

Image09.jpg

Image10-2.jpg

Image10a.jpg

Image10b.jpg

Image11-3.jpg

Image15-2.jpg

Image16-1.jpg

Image17-1.jpg

Image18-1.jpg

Image20-1.jpg

As previously discussed regarding indexing and publishing

Enjoy.:D

The Drifter

DSC07367.JPG

If this has been posted before, please accept my apologizes. I just wanted to say that I have this book. I got it from my grandma when I was about eight or nine. I just now thought about it while seeing it at my mom's the other day. It's falling apart from where I read it constantly as a kid.

The one above isn't mine. I found that picture online.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Oh, man, the Adventurer. Does that bring back memories. I couldn't be sure, but that's very possibly where I got my trilogy posters. Certainly it's where I got Desktop Adventures from, and probably a couple of the other games as well.

Last edited: