Hemble's Custom Indy Stuff 01/07/09

Lambonius

Another excellent creation. I do have to wonder if those goggles really fit the 1930s time period, though--but that may be more a fault of the movie itself than your piece specifically. Great job. Definitely the best Belloq I've seen so far! :)

hemble

Hi All

Cheers guys and thanks for the feedback and comments and Lambonius don't worry bro the only reason I knew the goggles were correct is because I have alot of books and info on Rommel and Rommel's peak cap with goggles that MFisher showed is what I went off.

Ron

NickTurner

mfisher said:
The goggles are no more out of place than the rest of the WW2 german equipment they use... they are just simple german dust/wind goggles... same kind you always see on Erwin Rommel's peaked cap in photos..

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/43/Rommel%27s_Africa_uniform.jpg

Yes, except that Rommel used a pair of BRITISH goggles thank you very much! Not ALL the good stuff from WWII was German you know.

:D :D :D Just my roots showing here. True though. :D :D :D

NickTurner

Ron Hemble (not sure if that's name or handle?), great job on Rene's face particularly. I have been so un-impressed so far with Sideshow's Belloq, but it seems like it's a decent face after all. Still seems to be a touch of Micheal Caine in there. I can see this face under a pith hat in Zulu!

You really did bring him to life.

hemble

Hi All

Nick thanks for the feedback about the goggles mate I never knew that and the German's had about %99.9 of the better equipment LOL. The Belloq heas is a pretty good likeness once you sand down the jaw line, and thanks to mfisher as he did it and looked awesome.

My name is Ron Hembling but I use hemble as my handle.

Ron

The Drifter

These pieces are outstanding! You must be some sort of higher-being to be able to make these masterpieces! Never seen such great customs before. great job.

hemble

Hi All

Lonsome_Drifter wrote
These pieces are outstanding! You must be some sort of higher-being to be able to make these masterpieces! Never seen such great customs before. great job.

Very much appreciate the kind words thanks mate. And I think it's more of a vivid imagination to be honest with you.:D

Rocket Surgeon wrote
Great customs... do you reuse your Indys or do you have different ones for each display?

Thanks heaps mate and there's a different one for each display.

Ron

hemble

The Mayan Pit Trap 1/6

Hi All

The year is 1935 and while searching an old Mayan temple Indy accidently sets of a hiden trap door in the floor of the temple and send Indy sliding 100 metres into a large square pit. Indy picks himself up and searches for a way out, he notices a lever about 10 meteres high on the far wall and he then suddenly he hears a loud crunching noise and the pit starts to fill with water.

The water starts to rise with incredible speed and Indy starts to climb the pit wall to release the lever, and again he hears another crunching noise and he wonders what is going to happen next. He does'nt have to wait to long when he feels something starts to wrap around his legs, he looks down and the head of a huge water python is starting to coil it's self around him.

Indy starts to panic and thinks to himself "I Hate Snakes" and a bloody big one at that, he starts to feel pressure on his legs and he gets pulled under and then is brought back up again as the python lost it's grip for a split section. Indy knows that if he does'nt get out of this mess he's dead for sure, He stops himself from panicking and grabs a small machette from his bag and by this time the python as wrapped itself up to Indy's waist, Indy grabs the python's neck area and gets ready to stab it before it can either crush him or bite him.

RECIPE

1: Indiana Jones & Snake - Everything is from The Sideshow Toys Indy figure except the pants which are from the Relic Hunter figure and the Fedora which is from The frontline custom head and is the older type fedora. Th e machette is from a WW2 Aussie Digger figure and the snake I got from a $2 shop it and Indy have been repainted using Vallejo, Reaper and GW paints.

2: Base - The base is made up from foam core and balsa wood once the frame and back sections were done thin sheets of foam was used to make the stone section. Once everyting was dry I used plaster to cover the whole thing and again let dry and then weathered and painted it using Vallejo paints.

I let the whole dio dry for about 4 hours, I used modelers clay to build up the water and used the clay to simulate gushing water coming from the walls. I then covered the clay with plaster and painted it using GW paints, I then let dry and then drybrushed it with matt white to simulate froth. I used Woodland Scenics real water and covered the water and indy and left it to dry for 24 hours before applying another coat.

sp1.jpg

sp2.jpg

sp3.jpg

sp7.jpg

sp8.jpg

Ron

DocWhiskey

Awesome as always, Hemble. I'd love to see this in an Indy sequel. How would he handle the situation? Really exciting.

Luke Sprywalker

WOW! Another awesome scene Ron
. Very imaginative and compelling, I love it. Looks like Indy has a bandage on his wrist from an injury before he fell in this pit. Great job with everything it all came together nicely. The water is very well done, nice touch with it dumping in from the 2 outlets, so life like. Keep them coming, I love your dioramas/scenes with each figure.

lao che & sons

great job this time! I love how you're making your own story now to go along with the custom insteadof just making them off the movie. Great job!

NickTurner

What can I say? It's great! Captures the "spirit" of Indy perfectly. It's like the last drawing in the comic book - and makes you wait with baited breath for the next issue.

The walls and water are superbly done BTW. Very believable. I'm especially interested in the water as I am about to do a D-Day landing craft hitting the shore with troops disembarking. (Part of my D-Day 65th anniversary tribute models that I started June 6th.) I was thinking of sculpting and painting plaster and then using either epoxy, Future, or both! What's the Woodland Scenics product like? This is going to be 1/72 so the base is fairly small.

hemble

HI All

DocWhiskey wrote
Awesome as always, Hemble. I'd love to see this in an Indy sequel. How would he handle the situation? Really exciting.

Cheers Doc and it would be interesting to see would'nt it.

Luke Sprywalker wrote
WOW! Another awesome scene Ron
. Very imaginative and compelling, I love it. Looks like Indy has a bandage on his wrist from an injury before he fell in this pit. Great job with everything it all came together nicely. The water is very well done, nice touch with it dumping in from the 2 outlets, so life like. Keep them coming, I love your dioramas/scenes with each figure.

Correct in the bandage Spry and thanks heaps for the reply, and I was going to just one outlet at first but figured two would give it a bit more realism.

lao che & sons wrote
great job this time! I love how you're making your own story now to go along with the custom instead of just making them off the movie. Great job!

Appreciate the feedback lao and my brother gave me the idea and he got it from a Indy novel the philosphers stone. But in the novel there are catacombs and the snake gets killed by an explosion.

NickTurner wrote
What can I say? It's great! Captures the "spirit" of Indy perfectly. It's like the last drawing in the comic book - and makes you wait with baited breath for the next issue.

The walls and water are superbly done BTW. Very believable. I'm especially interested in the water as I am about to do a D-Day landing craft hitting the shore with troops disembarking. (Part of my D-Day 65th anniversary tribute models that I started June 6th.) I was thinking of sculpting and painting plaster and then using either epoxy, Future, or both! What's the Woodland Scenics product like? This is going to be 1/72 so the base is fairly small.

Nick gald you liked it bro and thanks for the reply, as for your 1/72 dio plaster would be just fine to use, just remember to start sculpting in the waves when the plaster starts to dry.

As for the where the water is faoming use a brush and just dab it into the plaster very lightly, and teh Woodland Scenics water is awesome stuff to use I've used it on all my Indy and Star Wars dio's that have water.

Ron

hemble

Hi All

This will be my last figure/dio for 3 weeks as I'm off on coarse so I'll see you all when I get back.

I had a Hasbro ToD figure left over from some customs I did a while ago and decide to just make a nice simple dio showing of the figure, The pics show Indy coming down into an egyptian tomb to look for artifacts and after spotting some nasty slithering snakes he pulls out his whip ready to attacking thing that comes near him.
The figure, artifacts, snakes and base were painted and weathered using Vallejo and Games Workshop paints.

RECIPE

1: Figure - the figures is a combination of the Tod Indy which is the whole body except the arms and jacket which is from the Indy on horse figure.

2: Base - The base is a 1/6 figure stand, I used the column and rock from the Disney 7" Indy sets and the skulls and snakes are from the pit fall Indy sets, the artifacts are from the crates that you get with the figures.
The steps are made from foam and once laid inplace plaster was used to cover the ground and then sand was used to cover the plaster.

I had a Hasbro ToD figure left over from some customs I did a while ago and decide to just make a nice simple dio showing of the figure, The pics show Indy coming down into an egyptian tomb to look for artifacts and after spotting some nasty slithering snakes he pulls out his whip ready to attacking thing that comes near him.
The figure, artifacts, snakes and base were painted and weathered using Vallejo and Games Workshop paints.

RECIPE

1: Figure - the figures is a combination of the Tod Indy which is the whole body except the arms and jacket which is from the Indy on horse figure.

2: Base - The base is a 1/6 figure stand, I used the column and rock from the Disney 7" Indy sets and the skulls and snakes are from the pit fall Indy sets, the artifacts are from the crates that you get with the figures. The steps are made from foam and once laid inplace plaster was used to cover the ground and then sand was used to cover the plaster

ii1.jpg

ii2.jpg

ii3.jpg

ii7.jpg

ii8.jpg

Ron

indyclone25

another great dio---- you always do such great work . have fun the next few weeks and we look foward to your next diorama.