What are your other obsessions?

JRJENNINGS86

Jesus
family
mountain biking
working out
backpacking
teaching survival to the military (and any rich people who want a one on one session, i charge $2000 a day, they call me Panda Grilli'n)
making lego stop action (star wars and most recently i am working on "The Fett Academy")
Uncharted Games

Montana Smith

Even with long-term obsessions, I have a motivation issue with finishing projects.. which leads me to Asterix:

DSCN3392.jpg

DSCN3348.jpg

DSCN3346.jpg

DSCN3344.jpg

DSCN3317.jpg

Before I discovered Indiana Jones there was another character that blended creepy pseudo-mystery with humour: Scooby-Doo?

DSCN3342.jpg

Montana Smith said:
Before I discovered Indiana Jones there was another character that blended creepy pseudo-mystery with humour: Scooby-Doo?

DSCN3342.jpg
Wow you must REALLY be an obsessed completist, if not yourself a closer.

But Scrappy?

If you're going there, where's Dixie Doo, Scooby Dum or Scooby Dee?

I would have painted Daphne first!

...or Velma if she looked like Linda Cardelini.

Got to balance out the man love from the other thread!

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Wow you must REALLY be an obsessed completist, if not yourself a closer.

But Scrappy?

If you're going there, where's Dixie Doo, Scooby Dum or Scooby Dee?

I would have painted Daphne first!

...or Velma if she looked like Linda Cardelini.

Got to balance out the man love from the other thread!

You're right on all counts. Scrappy was an annoying character - but a great little model!

Finding the humans in 28mm was easy, as they're by the very talented Kev White of Hasslefree. But I could only find Scooby with one of the Boley wind-up train sets, which also happened to include Scrappy. So I repainted and rebased them both.

Painting is one of those obsessions that can hold my attention for weeks on end. But I haven't had the urge, as it were, for over a year.

Last edited:

The_Raiders

Wow. Looking back on this, my obesessions have changed quite a bit.
Right now they consist of:

The Doors
CCR
The blues
Playing keyboard
Writing poetry/songs
Philosophy
And it's about to move on to learning guitar.

HJTHX1138

You know, the odd thing about this is that I've probably joined a forum for every obsession I've had:

- Tron (Both movies)
- Blade Runner
- Cyberpunk or "hardcore" Sci-fi
- Film/Animation
- Games (Adventure/Narrative, Survival Horror or anything story/art heavy)
- Arcade Games in actual cabinets/Themed Pinball Tables
- Movie Merch/toys
- Post Punk music
- Costume/Prop building
- Conceptual Design/Art
- Game Design

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Super Nintendo retro gaming is an obsession that I continue.

Today, I got my hot little hands on couple of real gems. In fact the franchises are also my other collecting obsessions.

I got a completely unopened, mint condition SNES of the European release of Tin Tin in Tibet. It's in fact, the French release as the box and instruction manual is completely French. Luckily, the game itself has the option to choose English. And I got it for a very good price.

I also got a mint condition Original Gameboy of Ducktales, original box, manual and plastic cartidge protector.

I did finally get the original Yoshi's Island, however it wasn't great condition, but I love the game.

WilliamBoyd8

Old coins.

Those here could infer that by my posts and topics, such as
"Young Indiana's Coin Collection".

posts\post_egyptmagiccoin_generic.jpg

Egyptian Magic Coin

:)

Last edited:

fenris

I'm into car audio. In fact I'm the head admin of a local forum over here dedicated to car audio.

As for movies and shows, I'm totally into the Walking Dead series right now. I also love POTC and Harry Potter.

Mickiana

Conspiracy. Latest one I found is about the Titanic. It was deliberately sunk and it wasn't the Titanic either! Check out on Youtube: Why they sunk the Titanic. It offers a pretty compelling hypothesis.