Sean Connery in Indy 5?

tocksic

Maybe the prolog of Indy 5 is a flashback to where and why Henry Sr. died and later on in the movie this is connected to the macguffin and/or the villain.

indyjones2131

Look, I admit it would be a stretch, but "somewhere your grandpa is laughing" like COULD apply to him being missing somewhere. Maybe looking for Abner. Who knows. I'm just saying if they wanted to pull something like that they seem to have left that option open. Not saying they should.

emtiem

indyjones2131 said:
Look, I admit it would be a stretch, but "somewhere your grandpa is laughing" like COULD apply to him being missing somewhere. Maybe looking for Abner. Who knows. I'm just saying if they wanted to pull something like that they seem to have left that option open. Not saying they should.

Reminds me of the oneliner: 'I'm sure my Dad is looking down on us now... he's not dead: just very condescending'.

mister64

00Kevin said:
maybe indy searches for an artifact that can bring his dad back from the dead!

thats a joke btw
:)

That actually gives me an idea though. Is there some type of artifact (religious or occult) that allows someone to communicate with a dead person or even bring them back? Couldn't the climax be Indy communicating with a spirit form of Henry Sr. who tells him he's happy where he is and tells Indy not to bring him back?

Hanselation

mister64 said:
:)

That actually gives me an idea though. Is there some type of artifact (religious or occult) that allows someone to communicate with a dead person or even bring them back? Couldn't the climax be Indy communicating with a spirit form of Henry Sr. who tells him he's happy where he is and tells Indy not to bring him back?

We all know, where the "TRANSMITTER" for talking to "GOD" is .... Maybe Indy will use this "GOLDEN BOX" for a little smalltalk with his dad...
After that, Indy will take the GRAIL and bring his dad back to life ... of course! ;) :sick: (n) :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Pale Horse

Staff member
Greek Mythology

mister64 said:
... Is there some type of artifact (religious or occult) that allows someone to communicate with a dead person or even bring them back?

I read somewhere that Orpheus had a LYRE or something.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
^ Damn, I was about to say sounds like Deadlock's script. :p

It's a good script, just depressing (well, it is Indy Noir).

I dunno about bringing people back from the dead. I think we had that sort of thing close enough in LC really and besides, been done in Mummy Returns.

It would be more interesting if Henry Snr had faked his death in order to protect something from someone. But even so, I can't help but interpret Indy's lines in KOTCS as Henry Snr being dead.

Col. Detritch

Originally Posted by Violet Indy
^ Damn, I was about to say sounds like Deadlock's script.

It's a good script, just depressing (well, it is Indy Noir).

I dunno about bringing people back from the dead. I think we had that sort of thing close enough in LC really and besides, been done in Mummy Returns.

It would be more interesting if Henry Snr had faked his death in order to protect something from someone. But even so, I can't help but interpret Indy's lines in KOTCS as Henry Snr being dead.

That's a pretty good idea Violet!(y) Henry could have discovered in his research a dangerous artifact, if in the wrong hands could doom us all. It so happens some Soviet goons are also looking for it and know Henry's the link to it. So for our protection and that of Indy's he fakes his death and then goes into hidding protecting the artifact. Our Macguffin!
Then unaccording to Henry's plan the Russian's find Indy and capture him for the infomation, which he doesn't know. Our Villain's! And now Indy is on a race to uncover the secrets and eventually find his father! Or to make Henry's appearance happen sooner Henry could have only found a clue. Then when Indy find's Henry the race picks up to a dramatic conclusion full of traps, chases and action!:hat:

Peru1936

Col. Detritch said:
And now Indy is on a race to uncover the secrets and eventually find his father! Or to make Henry's appearance happen sooner Henry could have only found a clue. Then when Indy find's Henry the race picks up to a dramatic conclusion full of traps, chases and action!:hat:

I'm afraid that's a rehash of Crusade.

I think any talk of bringing back Connery is purely for nostalgic reasons. There's really no need to bring back Senior. I'd much prefer to see Sallah again. Even Short Round would be more welcomed than Senior.

I do prefer the prequel idea though because I'm not interested in seeing Indy and Marion with their son on a big adventure. Sounds like Mummy Returns, set twenty years later.

If Indy V is to be done, it needs to just get back to basics.

Last edited:

Johnny Nys

Legend has it that somewhere on earth is a gateway to another realm, a higher plane of existence where memories of the dead can take on physical shapes, a sort of virtual graveyard where you can actually see the deceased and ask for their guidance.

Oh wait, that was Final Fantasy 10 ...

Team Indy

Johnny Nys said:
Legend has it that somewhere on earth is a gateway to another realm, a higher plane of existence where memories of the dead can take on physical shapes, a sort of virtual graveyard where you can actually see the deceased and ask for their guidance.

Oh wait, that was Final Fantasy 10 ...

That was funny.

My idea is this, presuming that Sean Connery will come back. Sean Connery will strip naked and everyone will die from his sexiness.

Yes, this was a joke, but it'd make a great parody movie.

Dr Bones

Maybe like someone said, a prologue at the start of the film set prior to the 50's where we could even see Henry Snr's death?

However, Mr Connery has go too old and too grumpy and is far too busy playing golf etc.

I think he won't be back for this or any other role.

DocWhiskey

As much as I love Henry Sr., I think the series should move on.

We don't need him to have a good Indy movie. He's dead, that's that.

Plus I'm not a big fan when movies throw in little nods to the previous ones.

I always joke with my friend when there's the cameo of the ark in KOTCS.

"Hey, Remember RotLA? Huh? Do you? Can you believe when went from that to this?"
:p

Doctor_B

I think there is a lot of dramatic possibility in a story line where Indy searches for and discovers the mythical Fountain of Youth.

I think what Fincher and his crew was able to do with making Pitt both younger and creating a completely computer generated older Pitt in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button suggests that the technology and know-how is there to believably turn the clock backwards or forwards with a very recognizable actor.

Col. Detritch

The Foutain of Youth is a great artifact but is a little to similar to the Grail power wise. Though everlasting life and eternal youth are not the same they are very similar- living forever!:hat: