Ahoy!

Indy_Wolph

Hello there, and thanks for having me.

I stumbled upon this forum after quite a disappointment this week. I managed to get a hold of the Adventures of Young Indiana Jones last week, one of my favourite series in my teens. Goody!

I start watching the first episode, and it's a tad different than what I remember. No muttering old man f.e. But no worries, "this would have been the pilot I'm sure". The story takes off and I'm quite enjoying it. Halfway through though the storyline gets "cut" and Henry is in Morocco. He's looking different as well, weird. I couldn't shake the feeling something was up, and stopped watching to figure it out. "Meh."

In search of the original episodes I found you people. :) Digging through these forums I reckon I'd better give this quest up. Shame, really. George Lucas' endeavours to change the Star Wars films never really bothered me, but this does.

Anyway, now I've found this place I'll pop in periodically to see if there's any news on the Indy front.

Kind regards

kongisking

Welcome to The Raven, Wolph! Sorry to hear about your unpleasant entry to the world of "George Lucas' revisionism disgruntles me". But in any case, happy to have you with us!

Sea Monarch

Indy_Wolph said:
I start watching the first episode, and it's a tad different than what I remember. No muttering old man f.e. But no worries, "this would have been the pilot I'm sure". The story takes off and I'm quite enjoying it. Halfway through though the storyline gets "cut" and Henry is in Morocco. He's looking different as well, weird. I couldn't shake the feeling something was up,

In search of the original episodes I found you people

Greetings and salutations, but what do you mean by "You People"? I feel profiled. ;) Only kidding! Yeah, when I first picked up the YIJC episodes on VHS, I too was puzzled as to why the Young Indy episodes were not as I remembered from the TV broadcasts.

I thought the elderly Indy reminiscing on his adventures was a good way to frame each episode, and I wondered where he was. I also wondered why the first half of the Pancho Villa episode began with Indy worrying about his girl, his car, his prom, and other things I did not remember from the original broadcast. :confused:

Oh well, at least Lucas didn't digitally insert Hayden Christiansen into the series. :)

Goodeknight

Welcome, Wolph.

I'm happy to say you can still find the original Old Indy over on StooTV on YouTube, courtesy our very own Stoo.
http://www.youtube.com/user/StooTV

And there's a chunky section of the forum dedicated to the YIJC.
http://raven.theraider.net/forumdisplay.php?f=10

(( Hmmm.... Okay, today's Feb. 26. Indy_Wolph posted back on Nov. 1, almost four months ago, and hasn't gone beyond "Posts: 1" since then. Wonder if he'll ever see this.... :confused: I'm not bothering with a PM. ))

Indy_Wolph

Oh, I'm still around. Thanks for the welcomes. I checked the forums for a few days after posting, but didn't see any new posts pop up. So I figured these forums are not booming. I have boomarked them though, so I'll peridiocally scan it. :)

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check out Stoo-tv.

Finn

Staff member
Indy_Wolph said:
I checked the forums for a few days after posting, but didn't see any new posts pop up. So I figured these forums are not booming.
We have rather steady regular clientele, actually. It's just that most of us have been here a while, and while I wouldn't call human creativity all that limited, there does become a time when one may feel that most have been said and the behavior turns from proactive to reactive.

Just waiting for new stuff to pop up might make one conclude the place is a little dead, but we have no policy against reviving old discussions if someone truly has anything worthwhile to say. Our archive reaches back years. Feel free to dive in and comment on anything you find interesting. When a new and well-thought perspective is provided, one might find that there are plenty of folks willing to give their 2c on it.