10 Fascinating Unsolved Mysteries of the World

I.M.J.

10 Unsolved Mysteries of the World

The Grooved Spheres
Over the last few decades, miners in South Africa have been digging up mysterious metal spheres. Origin unknown, these spheres measure approximately an inch or so in diameter, and some are etched with three parallel grooves running around the equator. Two types of spheres have been found: one is composed of a solid bluish metal with flecks of white; the other is hollowed out and filled with a spongy white substance. The kicker is that the rock in which they where found is Precambrian ? and dated to 2.8 billion years old! Who made them and for what purpose is unknown.
grooved-spheres-tm.jpg

The Dropa Stones
In 1938, an archaeological expedition led by Dr. Chi Pu Tei into the Baian-Kara-Ula mountains of China made an astonishing discovery in some caves that had apparently been occupied by some ancient culture. Buried in the dust of ages on the cave floor were hundreds of stone disks. Measuring about nine inches in diameter, each had a circle cut into the center and was etched with a spiral groove, making it look for all the world like some ancient phonograph record some 10,000 to 12,000 years old. The spiral groove, it turns out, is actually composed of tiny hieroglyphics that tell the incredible story of spaceships from some distant world that crash-landed in the mountains. The ships were piloted by people who called themselves the Dropa, and the remains of whose descendants, possibly, were found in the cave.
dropastones-china-tm.jpg

Some more great ones in the link above.

Montana Smith

I.M.J. said:
The Dropa Stones...Measuring about nine inches in diameter, each had a circle cut into the center and was etched with a spiral groove, making it look for all the world like some ancient phonograph record some 10,000 to 12,000 years old.

It would be funny if they played "Never Gonna Give You Up".

I.M.J.

Montana Smith said:
It would be funny if they played "Never Gonna Give You Up".

:D
LOL!

They've got the ark on that list, although I'm more interested in the fossil claim (#'s 5 & 4).

JRJENNINGS86

hmmm that sphere looks all to familiar to me.... perhaps it is an ancient Death Star micro machine? one can only hope right?:hat:

Goodeknight

Here's the problem with lists like that. When you say this:

human-fossil-tm.jpg

Is a 110 million year old 'human finger fossil,' it makes the whole list seem like a bunch of crap. If that's a human finger, I'm Mae West...or Jessie Owens...or Mickey Mouse. (Take your pick.)

And if you look up most of the others, like the "Dropa Stones," you quickly get to sites like BadArchaeology.com, where you read,
"The disks were sent to a variety of scholars for investigation. One of them, Professor Tsum Um Nui of the Beijing Academy for Ancient Studies, found that the spiral grooves were actually a line of characters written in an unknown language. In 1962, he announced that he had managed to translate the disks. According to his translation, an alien spacecraft crashed in the Bayan Har Shan region twelve thousand years ago. The occupants, aliens called Dropa or Dzopa, could not repair their craft and tried to adapt to conditions on Earth. Meanwhile, the local Ham (or Kam or Kham, depending on the source) tribesmen hunted down and killed most of them. As the Ham were notably short people themselves, it is not clear whether the skeletons found in the caves were those of the Dropa/Dzopa or of Ham tribesmen. Supposedly, the aliens had intermarried with the locals, making identification of the origins of the skeletons more difficult."

You have to watch what you read. Look at the writeup for these amazing stones on the main "top 10" website. The brief summary is enough to make you seriously question the find.

"...an archaeological expedition ... made an astonishing discovery in some caves that had apparently been occupied by some ancient culture.....The spiral groove, it turns out, is actually composed of tiny hieroglyphics that tell the incredible story of spaceships from some distant world that crash-landed in the mountains."