An Indiana Jones Television Show?

Do you think there should be an Indiana Jones TV show?

• Of course! It'll help hold my interest for the next movie.

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • I'd rather play the Wii version of Staff of Kings.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiders Remake

Ok, this will sound somewhat strange. But since Disney recently bought Lucasfilm and are already exploiting Marvel and Star Wars, why can't they realize they have a gold mine in front of them? Marvel and Star Wars have their own TV shows ( less said about them the better for everyone ;) ). So why not Indy? Heck, just hire a guy like Anthony Ingruber to play a younger Indy (during the 1920s-30s) and basically have a one hour Indy adventure. You don't have to come up with an original story if you don't want to. There is a valley of Indy stories (Find Your Fate, Marvel Comics, novels, video games) that could be used.
Any replies would be welcome, and if anyone wishes to start a debate, I'll be here all week, folks :) .

TheFedora

I think a revival of the Young Indiana Jones series would probably be best. Have it an overarching narrative...no skipping between multiple ages/actors... have Indiana Jones set slightly older. Perhaps in college years. I know it may be unpopular, but the Librarian seems to have a good formula running for it that really derives off of Indy. I think and Indiana Jones TV show would do well to do that. TV has changed a lot in these years. So to reiterate

1. Overarching story arc narrative
2. Indy set in College years
3. Also I would like Belloq featured in this series as well

Raiders Remake

That's actually not a bad idea. It could be pretty good if done correctly. However, it might be a bit harder to find a target audience (some Indy fans HATED Young Indy). And remember, the first run of Young Indy collapsed because of production costs. But it is still a good idea, and it would be nice to see an era almost untouched.

Henry Jones VII

Well of course I would love an Indiana Jones tv show, I love all things Indy, Raiders is my favorite movie.

The thing is, I wouldn't want a cheap looking, lame Indy tv series, the movies have high production values, one of the reasons they are so iconic. All things considered if there's a studio that has more money than anyone is Disney, they own several famous brands as we all know, so they would be able to do a quality show.

We have to consider also another thing that could happen, Disney maybe has the same approach to Indy that WB has to Batman, they're too lucrative for tv.

Raiders Remake

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, that is an issue. You don't want something campy, but if they made it like a mini-Raiders, that would be incredible.

Joosse

Since this is Disney we are talking about, we have to consider the possibility that they would make it into a cartoon series. Which could be great if they could get Ford to do the voice acting.

Don't think it will happen, but one can dream... ;)

Raiders Remake

An animated series would be interesting, but a Disney happy-go-lucky "you get shot in the head and get back up" wouldn't work for me. I'd like to see a real, gritty Indy series (where he can actually fight people!) :whip: :gun: .

TheFedora

Raiders Remake said:
An animated series would be interesting, but a Disney happy-go-lucky "you get shot in the head and get back up" wouldn't work for me. I'd like to see a real, gritty Indy series (where he can actually fight people!) :whip: :gun: .

Probably on cable. I heard the new star trek series is going to be on video on demand...could something like that work for Indy at all? Not saying has to be video on demand or netflix... But I watched Marvel's 'Daredevil' series on netflix and that sold 'gritty' relatively well I think.

Raiders Remake

That's actually a cool idea. My only worry is that it won't attract enough attention. But overall, if ABC or the Disney Channel :D think the show would be too "dark and violent" for young viewers (at 10:00 PM) they could definitely broadcast it on On Demand. Or HBO. You can show all kinds of crazy stuff there.

Raiders Remake

Who could be in it?

Well, that's the question. Who would do well in a Indy series? Post your thoughts and/or general opinions about a show. (y) (y)

Stoo

Raiders Remake said:
Marvel and Star Wars have their own TV shows ( less said about them the better for everyone ;) ). So why not Indy?
Hi, Raiders Remake. Welcome to The Raven.

What makes you think an Indy show would be treated any better than those?:confused:
Raiders Remake said:
And remember, the first run of Young Indy collapsed because of production costs.
No, it didn't. Most certainly not. Where in the world did you get that from?!?:confused:

In my opinion, a limited mini-series would work better than a full-blown season (or more) and if Indy would be hunting for artifacts, then the object/s of pursuit should be relatively minor (compared to the Ark) with no supernatural abilities, whatsoever.

I'm not going to vote on your poll because I don't need a new TV series to hold my interest nor do I have a Wii. Neither of those options apply.:p
TheFedora said:
2. Indy set in College years
3. Also I would like Belloq featured in this series as well
I'd only go for this if they did the stories from 3 unproduced "Chronicles" episodes which take place after "Hollywood Follies". Two of them feature Belloq but they conflict with some dialogue in "Crystal Skull" and the entire "Seven Veils" novel so I'm torn on the subject. If those tales could be re-worked to fit somehow, then I'd be very PLEASED.(y)

If a new show had Indy first meeting Belloq somewhere else, instead of Honduras c.1920, then I'd be very DISPLEASED.(n)
Joosse said:
Since this is Disney we are talking about, we have to consider the possibility that they would make it into a cartoon series.
Indeed, but anyone who wants to go down that road should check out these other threads:

Indiana Jones the animated show
Indiana Jones Animated Adventures
Animated Series Lucas Petition
My Call For Animated Indy Seconded!
We need a Indy Cartoon series!

Raiders Remake

Hi Stoo! Thanks for the reply! A mini-series is the idea I was aiming for, it just got lost in the throw of things. About Young Indy, I was making a generalization. As you probably know, the production costs were a factor
in the show running for only a few seasons. And to quote (ahem) the most reliable source (WIKIPEDIA!) "Due to its enormous budget, the series was canceled in 1993." (I may have edited that in :D :D ). And how dare you not vote for my poll! :mad: :mad:
P.S: I own Indiana Jones and the Legion of Death. Would you know when it takes place?

Raiders Remake

Another :)D ) P.S: Can Indy meeting Belloq in the Honduras be considered canon? I would agree with you, but since they were canned, I really can't say. It seems like in the Indy universe, anything goes.

Raiders Remake

Indiana Jones: The Saga Continues

Another confirmation. Another empty promise. (I like that, I should use it for a song.) :whip: Apparently my cries of anger have been heard. By the head of ABC and the mechanical voice who couldn't understand me. They again said they would consider.
P.S: What should the pilot be? I have a two part Indy adventure in 1935 Sudan, an episode with Indy in Japan and China, and an adaptation of IJ and the Curse of Horror Island.

Henry Jones VII

Raiders Remake said:
I sent a script to ABC. Guess what? They said they would consider.
Wow congrats man, well done and good luck on the project.

It would be cool to hear more about your story premises.

cheers

Raiders Remake

Okay, everyone. It's vote time.
Here's your options.
Indiana Jones and the Claws of Death: Indiana Jones is on yet another adventure. Indy and his friend Professor Jack Todd are looking for a priceless ancient artifact in the Sudan. Along the way they'll fight Nazis, treacherous guides, and paid assassins.
Indiana Jones and the Curse of Horror Island: Indiana Jones has recently been assigned a mission by the National Museum to go to the island of Malekula, to find a relic abandoned by his estranged friend Abner Ravenwood. After dragging his cousin along, he will face superstitious natives, furious panthers and crocodiles, and mercenaries out for his head.
NEW!
Indiana Jones and the Buddha's Curse (Working Title): Indiana Jones is seeking an artifact he lost during the Battle of the Somme during World War I. Along the treacherous journey from South America to Nepal to Thailand, he will fight the various forces of evil and conjure painful memories he'd rather forget.
Please vote for the pilot!

Status
Not open for further replies.