Best hat?

OldIndy2323

Hey,

My original fedora was lost in a flood (not very adventurous) and I'm in need of a replacement. What's the best, most accurate fedora out there for sale?

Thanks!

Drones33

I`d say the best in terms of value generic Indy hat out there are...

The Akubra Federation IV; only available from The Hattery website. They`re in Katoomba, Australia so shipping can be quite expensive depending where in the world you live. Worth it though.

The Advintage Harrison is a tremendous Indy fedora. Factory made, from £130 to £200 depending on whether you go for rabbit, rabbit/beaver blend or pure beaver. (Ive just bought a Harrison in rabbit, check out the photos Ive posted in the thread "what fedora do you own?")
Advintage also offer several handmade options, and will shape the hat to match the look from your favourite scene in any of the first 3 films. great customer service. Have a look at the Replix website or just google Advintage fedoras.

The best, most accurate at the moment though has to be the new Herbert Johnson Indy fedoras. As screen accurate as it gets, £300 (rabbit) to £500 (beaver) Amazing looking fedoras, hand-made your specifications. They`re available from the Swain-Aidney-Briggs website, or Herbert Johnson hats on Instagram and Facebook.

Hope that helps. :hat:

eazybox

Herbert Johnson in rabbit-- original blocks, original ribbon, probably the original felt, and fast, world class service (and free international overnight FedEx shipping, last I heard, unless that offer has now expired).

Jack