A New DVD Collection?

BadDates

Canyon said:
Maybe by Special Editions they mean the movies which include the cut scenes. :D

That would be wonderful! I wish that Spielberg wasn't so set against including deleted scenes :(

Inbanana

From South Park:
"All your life has been the pursuit of seeing a great film, this new version of Raiders has digital effects beyond your wildest dreams... You want to see it screened just as much as I..."
Well ok, then it ended up sucking so bad that everyones face melted... but still...

Last edited:

AHegele

damn it.

Why not just wait till Kingdom of the Crystal Skull comes out? Then you can put all out on standard and blu-ray.

Tyger Cheex

Lucasfilm has had enough of my money thanks to buying and re-buying the star wars films OVER and OVER and Over. White VHS Widescreen 3-Tape Boxed Set anyone? "So you think you've experienced the attack on the deathstar in all it's glory... THINK AGAIN!" Which I cant find :(
Or the super deluxe pre-special editon limited editon Executor Boxed Set?
starwarsexecutor.jpg

And I had the Indy Trilogy on a 4-tape special editon with the 4th tape being "Memories, Friends and 8x10s" hour long featurette for the making of raders! (Still got that, but the other tapes have long since died!)
MF8x10s.jpg

The only way I'll buy the Indy Trilogy again is if (when?) it comes to Blu-ray! Obviously I'll get KOTCS on Blu-ray but I wont bother buying the original trilogy again unless there are a significant amount of extras on there!

Travis85

The first Indy DVD release was pretty good, it had great picture and sound and the third disc had some pretty nice special features. The only thing that could really make this a 'special edition' would be maybe a few more featurettes or of course....audio commentary :) But I doubt that would happen.

sandiegojones

According to thedigitalbits.com column it appears that they are just being offered individually. Most likely they'll have new covers and have the making of on the same disc instead of a 4th, and some KOTCS promo's (like a behind the scenes and trailers 1 & 2, maybe the game trailer too). I doubt any changes have been made to the actual films. Then when KOTCS is released they'll put out a Blu-Ray set and just put the standard DVD out by it's lonesome.

Iandiana

I would hope to see some deleted scenes. I thought it was a shame that Pat Roach was missing for Last Crusade as most of the Zeppelin scene was cut down (although I don't know if most of it was filmed) but I do believe Indy fought him again like in the first 2 (and in Raiders twice!)

Sadly Pat Roach has passed and cannot appear in KOTCS.

Shemp

Shortie said:
I was going to buy the first set. But I might save for this.

That was my predicament, I think I will wait now as well though. Only if an official announcement comes out on these first, with what to expect.

drjones

Same here. I want to wait and see what the specs are on these before I shell out any more money on more Indy DVDs. Unfortunately, I only just got the 2003 trilogy set at Christmas. :(

sarah navarro

I dont know if i should spend my indy 4 money on the new dvds ...they probably will only have a couple extras(if theres bloopers i'll have to get it)but if there gonna release the quadrology then i'll have to wait .

Adamwankenobi

Why do studios insist on re-releasing franchise films like this right before new installments are released? I mean, the original set is excellent, and if you take a look at Amazon.com for example, is still selling very well after over four years. All this new release will do is confuse buyers and cost Paramount more in producing the set. They should just wait until about a year after KOTCS is released, and put out a definitive Blu ray set, with all four films, deleted scenes, and more BTS documentaries, etc. than you can shake a stick at.

Lucasfilm has already overstaurated the market with the Star Wars films. First there was the original DVD release in 2004, then the "family pack" re-release in 2005 to capitalize on ROTS, then the "singles" releases of the original cuts of the original films. And on top of that, the 2004 set has been countlessly repackaged since its original release.

Last edited:

sandiegojones

Adamwankenobi said:
Why do studios insist on re-releasing franchise films like this right before new installments are released? I mean, the original set is excellent, and if you take a look at Amazon.com for example, is still selling very well after over four years. All this new release will do is confuse buyers and cost Paramount more in producing the set. They should just wait until about a year after KOTCS is released, and put out a definitive Blu ray set, with all four films, deleted scenes, and more BTS documentaries, etc. than you can shake a stick at.

Lucasfilm has already overstaurated the market with the Star Wars films. First there was the original DVD release in 2004, then the "family pack" re-release in 2005 to capitalize on ROTS, then the "singles" releases of the original cuts of the original films. And on top of that, the 2004 set has been countlessly repackaged since its original release.
and people keep buying them. If you got money every time it was released you wouldn't care.

Mr. Fusion

Well, if there are more special features, I'm game. I doubt they've done anything to the original films, or else we would have heard Lucas babbling about it for months, already. I would love to get my own copy of the movies on DVD... my brother has possession of the current box set. I've thought about buying my own set, but if this new one has more features, then I can wait.

kongisking

They better have more extra stuff...this is actually a stroke of good fortune for me, since I was smart enough to deliberately wait a while instead of instantly buying the original Trilogy Box Set, 'cause I had a feeling in my gut that, when and if Indy 4 ever actually came around, Paramount would milk the opportunity to release a spiffy, deluxe special-feature-stuffed edition of the (quad)trilogy! Yay for me!!!!!! I don't have to double-dip!!!!!! :cool: :p

DarthGemni

Amazon.com US is preordering Last Crusade Special Edition...other 2 aren't listed yet...they have a SRP of $29.99 but are selling it for $20.00 like most places probably will...interesting it's so expensive though - 30 bucks? Hopefully they will each be 2 discs with new artwork and special features/deleted scenes that will match the KOTCS DVD when it comes out....

Mr. Fusion

DarthGemni said:
Amazon.com US is preordering Last Crusade Special Edition...other 2 aren't listed yet...they have a SRP of $29.99 but are selling it for $20.00 like most places probably will...interesting it's so expensive though - 30 bucks? Hopefully they will each be 2 discs with new artwork and special features/deleted scenes that will match the KOTCS DVD when it comes out....

Do you have a link? I can't find a Special Edition.

Adamwankenobi

DarthGemni said:

This release reminds me of the 2006 "singles" releases of the original Star Wars films. They were marketed on the fact that it was the first time you could own them idividually. Really stupid if you ask me. And each had a SRP of $29.99.