Guilty Pleasures of Film

graz

The Man said:
And Psycho IV is utter bobbins. Isn't it?

You're testing me here aren't you, Master Yoda? :D

Yes its complete pants - I only watched it once (not even sure if I made it to the end..)

The Man

graz said:
You're testing me here aren't you, Master Yoda? :D

Yes its complete pants - I only watched it once (not even sure if I made it to the end..)

Pants, it was. And your father, he is.

Montana Smith

I was considering beginning a Sucker Punch thread.

Then I thought about the likely backlash.

So it's relegated to a guilty pleasure.

I've watched it three times over the past week: Theatrical version; Extended Cut; and Zack's Maximum Movie Mode.

The film works on different levels, with symbols and clues and multiple interpretations.

I discovered it via this. I was curious and wholly expected to hate the movie based on the venom it begets on message boards!

JP Jones

Raiders112390 said:
Bump. For me Phantom Menace is on that list. Most consider it a bad film but I enjoy it :p
I was just thinking this. I was watching this cheeseball on blu-ray and thought to myself "What if someone walks in and sees me?":eek:

Definition of guilty pleasure.

Dr. Gonzo

In light of opening a "Married With Children" thread I thought I'd admit to my television guilty pleasure here. It was and still is my guilty pleasure when it comes on. Bundy had some great one liners...

Code:
INT. BUNDY LIVING ROOM - DAY

PEGGY gleefully walks in the door with a magazine and a case
               of bon-bons.

AL sits at the table staring at an empty plate.

PEGGY
                         Hi Al! Did you miss me?

AL
                             (dead pan)
                         With every bullet so far.

...and who can forget...

Code:
                                   AL (CONT'D)
                             (to Bud)
                         Women. Can't live with them... the
                         end.

There are so many others, but I thought I'd just put that out there.
The original title for the show was "Not The Cosby's"... seriously.

roundshort

So yesterday was the second of three Friday the 13ths this year. After doing the first 4 of the original series on the first last night my gf and I decided to watch 2 different installments, first the reboot, which I enjoy, and Freddy vs Jason. Friday the13 th will always be a guilty Pleasure for me. I think the next Friday the 13 th this year will be the "camp" edition. Jason in Space, Jason takes Manhatten, or Jason in hell. Any thoughts?

The Drifter

I love Friday the 13th, my favorite is part five; A New Beginning. And Gonzo, you aren't alone in enjoying Married With Children. I love both Al Bundy and Archie Bunker.
As for my guilty pleasure...I..um...*whispers* watch Full House on a daily basis...

Indy's brother

As of last night:

super_dvd.jpg

poster-for-the-new-rainn-wilson-movie-super.jpg

Usually Rainn Wilson bugs me, but he was perfect in this. Also, Ellen Page teeters on (and in my opinion does slightly succeed in) upstaging him with her awesome character and a laugh that must be heard to be believed. Funny, dark, and violent. Not the best film ever, and you gotta stick with it for the first 20 minutes or so before it starts getting good, but I was very pleasantly surprised. Nathan Fillion's cameo as The Holy Avenger was pretty awesome, too.

Anyway, a "guilty pleasure" because many of you would have had the same reaction as Mrs. Indy's brother did walking in on me watching this, while I was laughing my guts out:

"What. The hell. Are you watching."

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Overboard with Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn. Got a lot of love for this movie.

overboard-poster.jpg

telecharger-overboard-internal-dvdrip-xvidexvidint_toa-v_1.jpg

Stupid, overacted and obvious but amazingly charming as recently confirmed by the girls of the local Blockbuster!

Who needs Pauline Kael?

Last edited:

Indy's brother

Dr. Gonzo said:
Must have been the sex scene between Page and Wilson... am I right. twas interesting.

Ellen Page: "I was sleepwalking!" :D Pretty awesome/hilarious sex scene, imho. Nah, the missus walked in just as The Crimson Bolt used his wrench for the first time.