The Raven's Collected Quotes

Finn

Staff member
Here's something different. Not another movie quote thread, but this time it's time to let that wittiness of fellow raveners shine.

The layout of the game is pretty simple. While checking out the boards, you see a post that contains something in it that should be immortalized, you quote it and post it in this thread.

What exactly then? Anything you see as worth of some extra visibility, as long as it's been posted on the boards and not by you. It could be one sentence in a lengthy rant you find amusing or worth an applause, an especially fitting comment to another member's post, unintentional humor caused by a typo, etc... anything.

Indy's brother

I for one love the idea of a "Raven's Greatest Hits" thread. But honestly, I can't remember the last time someone here made me lol, rotfl, lmao, or bwl. But I'm keeping my eyes peeled.

Finn

Staff member
I thought we agreed to keep from posting our own witticisms, Mordy.

The first one is genuinely funny.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Lao_Che said:
Jeremiah Jones said:
Can't wait to get onto Max

450px-Kodiak_Bear_in_Macks_Sport_Shop_in_Kodiak.JPG

"Not if I have anything to say about it!"

A lovely <I>Sky Pirates</I> reference.

Gear

Here's a golden brownie!

oki9Sedo said:
Embarrassing admission of the day: did a poo and ate a sandwich at the same time.

Was under alot of pressure to do both, and couldn't decide which should come first. So I made a natural decision.

One for the gallery.

WillKill4Food

How about this one?

Finn's dating advice:
Finn said:
...unless you have a pair of Sankara stones full of magical power and are simply dying to find the right hole for your Staff of Ra, you might as well keep it at the level you have now...

A lovely metaphor.

Indy's brother

Moedred said:
This made me laugh in 2008.

What can I say? I am deeply touched that a post of mine made it onto this thread so quickly...maybe I'll get another zinger on here this year!

(Hell, even a broken clock is right twice a day, right?)

Pale Horse

Staff member
Finn the Pfropessor

...er Professor. Teaching everyone how to rightfully use Sam Earch, ay? I love it.

I won't cite my sources, but I am always fond of the "I'm leaving now, I mean it" stuff; followed two weeks later with a "Okay, almost said my final goodbye's...." etc ad nauseam.

Finn

Staff member
Pale Horse said:
I love it.
The statement's worthless without a quote, my friend.

Or was that a reference to the original purpose of this thread? If so, well... I don't think you need even the old Sammie to find the answer for that.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Better honors have never been uttered

From the "Indy IV as a wrap up of the series", as quoted in "where paths crosses, but never again...." thread

Joe Brody said:
Thematically, the only story left to tell is one where Indiana Jones grapples with his inner demons. Narratively -- and this is where the supernatural part comes in -- this story could be told by Indiana Jones somehow being haunted by 'ghosts' from his past.

Think of each of the films, each offers a neat range of dead characters:

Raiders
(1) Forrestal -- imagine Indy somehow being the cause of the competitor's passing
(2) Belloq -- Indy's shadowy near-equal
(3) Abner Ravenwood -- Indy's alienated teacher. Is he dead or not?

Temple of Doom
(1) Wu Han -- Indy's friend who dies assisting Indy. In passing, he happily notes that he goes off on the 'great adventure' first

Last Crusade
(1) Elsa Schneider -- conflicted soul who dies on the verge of grace

After a lifetime of fighting demons (Nazi's and cultists) and patching things up with Dad, what is left but to deal with the demons from the past?

For me, what's key to my theory is (i) Lucas's wrapping-it-up statement, (ii) the larger supernatural element hinted at by Lucas, (iii) the rumor about the past leading ladies being involved, (iv) the acknowledgement that Ford's age is relevant, (v) the desire to tell a different type of story, (vi) the fact that the '50's represent a new modern era and that Indy's 'older' magical world is fading, and (vii) the reality that the '50's don't offer any good villains, so why not some of the old dead ones like Forrestal or Belloq? I could see a story where Indy has to go on a quest into his own past . . . and surprise, perhaps not everyone that we thought dead actually is.

[I've got to hand it to Pale Horse and Deadlock, you guys are like the monks who preserved Western culture during the dark ages keeping this brainstorming going.]

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
This comeback was pretty funny in the "Psychic Socks" game.

Indy's brother said:
Don't be coy, we know you're lying, per my last post. You know what argyle is, but if anyone here needs to imagine Violet Indy in her argyle socks,:

812181_56214_d971c2c249_p.jpg

Looking good, Violet!!!!

The next poster has ugly black men's dress socks...sorry.

*sigh* I wished I looked that good from behind.... On the bright side, he got the hair right.

Insomniac

Deckard starring in: How did Henry bite the dust?

Originally Posted By Deckard
Henry Sr. enlisted to fight with the British RAF and flew 6 missions against the Luftwaffe before having to bail over the ocean, eventually being washed up in France, where he single handedly stormed a beach w/ his umbrella, and claimed the town in the name of America. He then took a wife and went on to become govenor b4 becoming senile and firing himself at a neighboring town from an Artilley cannon to prove to there mayor he could indeed fly.

Marcus Brody returned home and got lost in his own museum and shortly thereafter starved to death.

Shortround went back to China and became head of the Yakuza, he then returned stateside at the age of 32 and married Willie Scott. They are currently in the Witness Protection Program and Shorty works for geeksquad at a Best Buy in Portland, Oregon.
(y) That won my Vote!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
You'll have to take the Wayback machine to thread 2055 for this one.
A lesson in how to become a mod yourself. :)
torao said:
His sources are very trustable 'coz he got his info from the 'Trust me..'-man. And the 'Trust me..' man is who you can trust, and the 'Trust me...' man gives his info to a Spy called 'Higgens, Aaron Higgens' who only wants a tequila shaked, not stired. And the 'Shaked Tequila'-man gives his info to a secret organisation in a bar called 'The Raven', where blood thoarsty animals lives who always wants more info. And those bloody animals gets what they want, but want to know where they got their food from. And if they get known that, they want to know how it's created. But that's a secret of the cheff 'Higgens, Aaron Higgens'. And a cheff never tells his secret recept.

Indy's brother

In response to the ridiculous claim of vulgar content in Last Crusade:
DocWhiskey said:
Don't forget when Elsa shows Indy the Austrian way of saying "goodbye" by taking her top off and rubbing her breasts in Indy's face.

Then Vogel shows Indy the German way of saying "goodbye" by taking his top off and rubbing his breasts in Indy's face.

I like the Austrian way better.

Comedy gold.