The Indiana Jones/Carmen Sandiego Adventures

ACME04

This is ACME04, and I'm back!:)

Before "The Raven Message Board" began refurbishing, I'd announced that I would be starting a fan-fic series that was a crossover between Indiana Jones and Carmen Sandiego. Well, five months have passed, and I've already completed the first Indy/Carmen story!:D

The first Indy/Carmen story that I've completed is called "Carmen Sandiego and the Raiders of the Lost Ark"! The first three chapters of this story are now online; I'll add more chapters later.

To read Chapters One, Two, and Three of "Carmen Sandiego and the Raiders of the Lost Ark", go to this website:

http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/seanthomas/indycarmenadventures.html

Canyon

ACME, I have just read your alternative version of Raiders, and what I say. I really like it and it makes for a very interesting and alternative read.

Just a couple of things and I am not critizing, honest.

Firstly, I'm pretty sure that Indy is 6' and not 6' 1' and I'm sorry if that sounds like I'm nit picking. :eek: Secondly, Indy's eyes are hazel and not blue, but I guess thats what comes of me being a self confessed Indy drooler. ;)

Apart from that, the story is great and I love the way in which you have used some of the original dialogue and mixed it with your own. :D

Looking forward to reading more.

QueZTone

i only remember the games "Where on earth is Carmen Sandiego" and the sequel but never heard of a animated series?

Which was first? The series or the games?

ACME04

QueZTone said:
i only remember the games "Where on earth is Carmen Sandiego" and the sequel but never heard of a animated series?

Which was first? The series or the games?

The games were first; they were released during the 80's.:)

The animated series was second; it was released in 1994.:D

Also, Chapters Four and Five of "Carmen Sandiego and the Raiders of the Lost Ark" have now been released online!:D

To see them, you know where to go:

http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/seanthomas/indycarmenadventures.html

ACME04

I've already announced this to the "Carmen Sandiego" fans that are also reading the "Indy/Carmen" story that's online now, and I think it's about time that I'd announced this to you "Indy" fans as well.

I am now in the process of writing a new "Indy/Carmen" story!:)

It's called "Where In The Temple of Doom Is Carmen Sandiego?" and believe me when I say that it will be the darkest of all "Indy/Carmen" stories!

This story will feature two villians: Mola Ram from the original ToD, and an ex-ACME detective named Lee Jordan from two 2-part WOEICS episodes.

Also:
I've finished editing chapters six, seven, eight, and nine of "Carmen Sandiego and the Raiders of the Lost Ark", so look forward to the release of two chapters on the upcoming weeks, starting next Wednesday with Chapters Six and Seven!:D

ACME04

Renderking Fisk, no disrespect, but don't go on the message board on "Project Carmen" talking about liquor or scotch. "Project Carmen" is supposed to be a family site, meaning no adult stuff (such as language, sex, etc.) is to be posted.

Again, no disrespect. I just don't want you to get into any trouble.:)

Tennessee R

Hello, just thought I'd come in. I haven't read the stories, but I don't think we ought to make ACME04 feel bad the very first time he tries to make some Indyfan story.
He could clam up, and never show his talent again.

ACME04

I agree with you 100 percent, Renderking Fisk. :D

And I apologize about my nitpicking over your posts at "Project Carmen". I did ask for help, and you were kind enough to give it to me. I'm sorry.:)

matthiassatlure

I want to write an Indy fanfiction...but I need an artifact to get started...

In the middle of my so called "Great American Novel". Matthias Satlure from Liverpool is the main character. Vyolette Burns from France is the girl. It's a great plot I've developed since I was 8...that's ..6 years? Hee hee...I'm gonna publish it and make myself famous...mwhahahahaha

ACME04

Renderking Fisk said:
I would love to give you more advice on writing, but not until I get a chance to read some of your nonfan-boy work. Do you have anything in the works that?s not Carmen/Jones related?

I have plans on writing something that's not fan-fiction material, but I don't think I can share it with the world, only because people can take someone else's work and use it for their own gain. All I can say about it is that it's a sci-fi/war epic that's set sometime in the far future, and is based on every war that has taken place in the world, from the Revolutionary War to the recent War on Terrorism.

You've given me a lot of advice, Ren; so it's about time that I've given some advice to you.

Don't judge someone's work before you've gotten the chance to read it, all because someone else screwed up on theirs.

I have to agree with you on the whole "Belloq coming back from the dead in 1955" thing; that's just downright IGNORANT!:)

My "Indy/Carmen Adventures" are different from other fan-fics; they stay true to the original story of "Indiana Jones". The only thing different is the storyline from the Emmy-winning WOEICS series crossing over Indy's storyline.

I don't know if it's the whole "Indy/Carmen Relationship" that's bothering you or the thought of Carmen Sandiego being involved with Indy's adventures. I can understand that you're no Carmen Sandiego fan, which is fine, because I've got "Carmen fans" reading these stories, who are not big "Indy fans".

The relationship between Jones and Sandiego isn't anything to worry about; it began when they were both young people trying to make it in the world, and it ended when she became a thief and he became an archaeologist.

But Carmen and Indy's relationship isn't the key point to the storyline; it's the chemistry that they share, both traveling around the globe and searching for incredible artifacts (i.e. The Emperor's Tomb, the Holy Grail, Atlantis, etc.)

Ren, just read the first three chapters of "Carmen Sandiego and the Raiders of the Lost Ark" (which are the shortest of the ten in the story) and if you don't like what you read, then just leave it be. But don't think that the story is a terrible idea, before you've read it.

ACME04

Renderking Fisk said:
I'm 35 years old in two weeks. I have to be selective in what I read. Unless your name is "Monkey" or "Canyon", I highly doubt I'm going to read your Carmen/Jones story. It's kind of like me not reading Philip Marlowe stories if it wasn't written by Raymond Chandler.

That's not to say that your writing isn't any good, and that's why I asked you if you had anything else I could read.

I don't have anything else that's not fan-fic material; but I do have another fan-fic that's a crossover between "Star Wars" and the old "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" cartoon.

It's called the "Star Wars Amalgams", and this is the site:

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/seanthomas/starwarsclassicamalgams.html

Canyon

Woah!

Firstly, Renderking, thank you for the compliment. :eek:

Now can I give you some advice. Go easy on ACME04. Before this thread I must admit that I had never heard of Carmen Sandiego. Upon reading some of the chapters, I actually quite enjoyed them and loved some of the dialogue in the scenes that take place in Indy's house and on Sallah's balcony.

ACME04. A word of advice to you. Do not feel discouraged and please keep writing. ;)

ACME04

Canyon said:
Woah!

Firstly, Renderking, thank you for the compliment. :eek:

Now can I give you some advice. Go easy on ACME04. Before this thread I must admit that I had never heard of Carmen Sandiego. Upon reading some of the chapters, I actually quite enjoyed them and loved some of the dialogue in the scenes that take place in Indy's house and on Sallah's balcony.

ACME04. A word of advice to you. Do not feel discouraged and please keep writing. ;)

Thanks, Canyon. :)

I will keep writing! It's what I do best! ;)

As for Renderking, I see it's going to be difficult convincing him that my Indy/Carmen story isn't all that bad. I'll just let him go by his instincts. The last thing that I want to do is come between a man and his instincts.

I'm glad that you're enjoying "Carmen and the RotLA", Canyon. Right now, I'm in the stages of working on a new "Indy/Carmen" story, and I think you already know which adventure it'll be based on. :)

ACME04

Renderking Fisk said:
Hey, just because I?m not going to read it, doesn?t mean it?s not any good. Don?t take it personal, I just don?t read fan-fiction written by anyone other then Monkey and Canyon. PERIOD.

Well, all I can say is that I'm sorry that I'm not Monkey or Canyon. I've read some of their fan-fics, and they're what inspired me to do the "Indy/Carmen" series, because I find them interesting and very well-written.

I just can't understand how you can tell me that my fan-fic isn't terrible, yet you still don't take the time to read it. Usually when a person reads my fan-fics, he or she tells me whether they like it or not, after they've read it.

Renderking Fisk, you are the first person that I've ever interacted with who reviews a writer's work, before it is read!

Do you have mental powers or something? :)

Last edited: