Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Nurhachi1991

Mindy I think the chase sequences are seperate like a bonus feature or something at least thats what I'm hoping for!

I want real Indy chase action not this lego crap (y)

DIrishB

mindy muffles said:
AWESOME!!! I'm still not sure this game will be out by March 1st.

I doubt it too. Probably more likely late summer or early fall, 2009.

What I don't understand is if this is an original story by George Lucas, why does it say that you'll be doing the exact same chase sequences? I think that is a typo actually since the LucasArts webiste used to say that the chase scenes will be similair to those three chase scenes. Just a typo I'm sure.

That could be. I think its possible it'll be a bonus feature/content...again, we'll have to wait and see.

Nurhachi1991 said:

I completely agree.

Dewy9

Nurhachi1991 said:

Hey now, Indy's big enough for LEGO and realistic games.

It wouldn't make sense for it to be a recap of the films and call it "Staff of Kings".

DIrishB

So it looks like I might've been right with my assumption the Indy Staff of Kings game probably won't be out until Fall 2009. I emailed Rob MacGregor (Indy novelist extraordinaire) about his upcoming Indy novel, and he confirmed it was indeed based on the game (even sharing the same title). He also confirmed the novel was completed awhile back, intended to be released around the time Crystal Skull hit theaters, but was delayed until Fall 2009 to coincide with the game's release. Anyway, if any are interested, the relevant info can be found here.

Irfaan

Darn it!!! There's no new news on this game. But i really really want it! :(

Hopefully soon (really soon) there will be some news on thid heavily delayed game.

Irfaan said:
Darn it!!! There's no new news on this game. But i really really want it! :(

Hopefully soon (really soon) there will be some news on thid heavily delayed game.

Does LucasFilm or LucasArts do anything anymore that isn't heavily delayed?

muttjones

was the entire indiana jones franchise a dissapointment for you? because they were all made after empire stikes back.

Last edited:
And what about the X-Wing series, Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, Monkey Island, Fate of Atlantis, Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango? There was a time when the lucasarts symbol was a guarantee of quality, Games you'd never heard of, if it was made by Lucasarts, Guaranteed excellence.

Irfaan

Jeremiah Jones said:
And what about the X-Wing series, Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, Monkey Island, Fate of Atlantis, Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango? There was a time when the lucasarts symbol was a guarantee of quality, Games you'd never heard of, if it was made by Lucasarts, Guaranteed excellence.

Oh how i miss the good old days :(
Monkey Island and the Broken Sword series meant everything to me.

muttjones said:
was the entire indiana jones franchise a dissapointment for you? because they were all made after empire stikes back.

No of course not. I wasn't thinking.

So...has LucasFilm/LucasArts done anything good since 1989? Maybe Dark Forces was okay. Emperors Tomb was too me, disappointing.

Well all the games I listed above are after 1989, Lucasarts decline came when they started over concentrating on Star Wars around the time of Phantom Menace in 1999. They still make the occasional great, like Knights of the old republic (though it was outsourced to bioware) and I enjoyes Battlefront.

But yeah, Tie Fighter, X- Wing Alliance, Fate of Atlantis, Monkey Island, all those games.. some of the few MASSIVE games I replayed over and over again, and long into the early hours of the morning. Tie Fighter... <sigh> how I miss 'serious' PC games..

The Tingler

mindy muffles said:
No of course not. I wasn't thinking.

So...has LucasFilm/LucasArts done anything good since 1989? Maybe Dark Forces was okay. Emperors Tomb was too me, disappointing.

LucasFilm maybe not, LucasArts on the other hand were one of the best developers in the business for about a decade. If we're just talking Indiana Jones we have Fate of Atlantis and Infernal Machine, but in general some of the finest games ever made were made by LucasArts. Do you really want me to list them?

Udvarnoky

mindy muffles said:

Please tell me you've never played any of LucasArts' graphic adventure games. Because if you have, the above statement would be grounds for execution.

Now, change that date to 1999, and you might be on to something.