Im Sure Indy 5 Is Set For 2009!

No Ticket

chemeleon26 said:
I am like most of you in the board.

I believe that the series should end with Indy 4. Going past this will most likely end with disappointment for us long time fans whatever combination of elements they choose to go with.

I'd much prefer an animated series in the style of Clone Wars -Genndy Tartakovsky style than another movie.

I totally agree with the animated series in the style of Gennedy Tartakovsky. I love his art style and I actually prefer 2D animation anyway. I would rather just see a series pitting Indy in adventures in his 30s like the older movies... Raiders era... I think that makes a hell of a lot of sense and I'm surprised it was never done.

The animation could look beautiful too.

patrickm2009

i hope

i personally hope that there is an indy 5, even though is could be bad, I still think it would be cool for us to have two more adventures with Ford. I think its cool that he can still kick some @$$.

TheLastCrusader

Maybe it's not sure yet that Indy 4 will be the last one!

from the interview in Vanity Fair with Steven Spielberg:
People have read about Frank Darabont. Is it true you liked his script?
SS: Very much. I very much liked Frank?s script.

Was it set in the 40s?
It was set in the 50s.

With latter-day Nazis coming at Indiana Jones?
Yes. And I quite liked Frank?s script, but George and I had a disagreement over it, and George and I have always agreed to agree. So when we take each other?s temperatures, if I really am passionate about something, George will give in to me, and if George is really passionate about something, I?ll pretty much go his way. And in this case George was passionate that this was not the story he wanted to tell at this point in the Indiana Jones saga. And I think it?s a wonderful script.

Is that leaving room open for another one?
Oh, I don?t know. I haven?t even thought about that. I?m still in the cutting room. I can?t even think beyond the next cut.

He doesn't know, people!!:whip:

TheLastCrusader said:
Maybe it's not sure yet that Indy 4 will be the last one!

from the interview in Vanity Fair with Steven Spielberg:

He doesn't know, people!!:whip:

This is a momentous line from Spielberg. He ain't closed the door completely on Indy...

fatima

sarah navarro said:
I think if there was a Indy 5 nobody would want to see it,i mean isnt 4 enough i already have enough people being skeptical about this one ,but i guess it all depends on this one.I just dont have the feeling that people will go to see it.

and like everyone else said ...NO HARRISON, NO MOVIE!:p

You know Sarah, I'm GLAD you think this way, I was expecting you to say, 'oh if it's another Indy movie with Shia just, I would not mind to see it!' :rolleyes: no offense, but after all the drooling you do about Shia...I thought that way.

deckard24

herr gruber said:
This is a momentous line from Spielberg. He ain't closed the door completely on Indy...

Let's just hope if it did happen, it would still be a Harrison Ford/Indy film! I can't bear the thought of a 5th Indy film as a vehicle for Shia LaBeouf! :sick:

I like him as an actor, but Indy is Ford's territory. If anything, Ford can let LaBeouf tag along!

deckard24 said:
Let's just hope if it did happen, it would still be a Harrison Ford/Indy film! I can't bear the thought of a 5th Indy film as a vehicle for Shia LaBeouf! :sick:

I like him as an actor, but Indy is Ford's territory. If anything, Ford can let LaBeouf tag along!

Not too keen on Shia tagging along, even. Maybe we will be spared him returning - who knows, maybe he will fall down a deep pit in KOTCS. Don't worry about him, Shia fans, he'll have a supply of Bryllcream.
I know I sound unjustifiably nasty toward Shia's character but I feel the character MAY be irritating.

herr gruber said:

Uhm... maybe Spielberg hasn't closed the door, but... Harrison's age would be the number one issue for a possible Indy 5... unless the Big Three already have a screenplay ready, only waiting to be greenlit.
It could be... who knows? Maybe one of the old scripts they worked on... they could have lied about one or more of them... they said they were rejected, perhaps they were lying. After all, so many screenwriters worked for them, and we know next to nothing about the many screenplays they've written...

:confused:

In any case, I personally don't think an Indy 5 will really happen...

sarah navarro

fatima said:
You know Sarah, I'm GLAD you think this way, I was expecting you to say, 'oh if it's another Indy movie with Shia just, I would not mind to see it!' :rolleyes: no offense, but after all the drooling you do about Shia...I thought that way.
No offense taken:)
Ive said this before but I liked the Indiana Jones trilogy way before i even knew who Shia was.I was one of those people who have been long awaiting KOTCS ,it wouldnt matter if Shia was in KOTCS or not i would still be here on The Raven freaking about the new Indy movie(y) I would hate to see Shia continue the Indy series.

deckard24

Sankara said:
Yes, "Indy 4" is the last Indy-Movie.

Unfortunately there is nothing to confirm this! I wish it were the last movie myself, but when there's tons of money to be made...you never know!

ReggieSnake

Apples and oranges folks, we really have no idea. Personally, I don't think 5 is likely to happen, but I also think it will depend on how 4 is received.