Temple of Doom... Struzan

amselfan

Hi:

Can anyone here confirm whether or not the movie poster for TOD with INdy standing next to the column, predominantly red colors, machete in hand, is in fact painted by Drew Struzan?

If so, any idea where the classic DREW signature is on the piece?

thanks!

Canyon

amselfan said:
Hi:

Can anyone here confirm whether or not the movie poster for TOD with INdy standing next to the column, predominantly red colors, machete in hand, is in fact painted by Drew Struzan?

If so, any idea where the classic DREW signature is on the piece?

thanks!

Hi there Amselfan. Welcome to The Raven! :D

Having just looked at my Temple poster, I have to admit that I am unable to find a signature on the poster anywhere!

I also looked inside the novelisation but it doesn't say there either.

Welcome once again.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
If I remember correctly, the one with Indy in the cave with machete and the text "If the adventure has a name, it must be Indiana Jones" is drawn by Bruce Wolfe.

Shipwreck

Moderator Emeritus
Amselfan,

Drew said, "Is not my work, I guess it may be the work of Bruce Wolfe."

Hope this helps.

Shipwreck

MP3

No problemo, senor - you can have %15 of the take.

<small>And since the gross profits of this endeavor is exactly $0.00, you can have %15 of that - a </small><big>BIG, FAT ZERO!!!</big>

Doc Savage

MP3 said:
No problemo, senor - you can have %15 of the take.

<small>And since the gross profits of this endeavor is exactly $0.00, you can have %15 of that - a </small><big>BIG, FAT ZERO!!!</big>
I'M RICH!! I'M WEALTHY!! I'M SOCIALLY SECURE!!!

Doc Savage

MP3 said:
Doc Savage said:
The inverse, then, would be socially insecure...<small>looks doubtfully at self in mirror...</small>

Aha... now THAT's more like it. :D

It's a good thing I don't cry easily, Moses...as it is, I'll have to pump my Stuart Smalley tapes..."I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and, doggone it, people like me!":p

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
The discussion in this thread shows that members of The Raven Message Board are a diverse and international community. However, it appears that the discussion has strayed from the original topic or does not remain Indiana Jones related. It is important to stay on topic and within the Indiana Jones genre, so as to prevent confusion among those participating in the discussion or visiting this site for the first time. This topic is moderated and future off-topic discussion could lead to the unfortunate closing of this thread. - TR.N Staff

MP3

Okay Aaron, we'll behave...

Can someone please point me to a piece of Drew Struzan's artwork, and where to find this legendary "hidden signature"? I'd like to see an example of what I'm supposed to be looking for...

VP

Moderator Emeritus
003_INDY3ARP.jpg

Look a bit above the "Jones" -text.

Shipwreck

Moderator Emeritus
We might also ad,

That Struzan is very lucky, as his clients INSIST that he sign the pieces, unlike other artists. Struzan has garnered enough respect for his work and has been recognized as a real artist. Until Harry Potter 2, when the powers that be, who had hired Drew for their second poster, decided last minute to use a photography medium - ARGH!Unfortunately the link on his website to this particular piece, that he went ahead and finished, isn't available now. The piece was far better than the rag they produced later. Okay, *stepping off the soap box* I'll move on... ;)