Trilogy on Blu-Ray

Darth Vile

Stoo said:
Sorry, no, I'm not confusing anything. I'm stating facts. The confusion rests with you...one who is taking Montana's initial statement into your usual realm of Darth Vile opinion. The new version of "Star Wars" has LESS callousness & 'gore' (and I use that term very lightly) than the 1977 original. That is an undeniable fact.

Hhhmm... Arguing that the Special Edition of ANH has LESS callousness and 'gore' simply because of a nano seconds worth of change is like arguing that ANH is now much more focused on the story of Jabba the Hutt and Han Solo. However, using a bit of common sense, any such change is not reflective of the overall tone/content/movie. Neither is it evidence enough to prove that Lucas is on a quest to retro "soften" his life's work. I'd give you more credence if you were suggesting it was purely a financial exercise (which it might well be for all I know).

Stoo said:
Hello? Don't change the subject, Vile.:rolleyes: What is sad is that you would only welcome the Indy Blu-ray editions if they contained changes...merely to "**** off disgruntled fans" and, like I said, that ain't me....:rolleyes:
Who is changing the subject? As you seem to be someone who regularly uses smilies, I thought you'd get that my original post was done with a modicum of tongue in cheek (please see my original paragraph you quoted). I was half joking before, but yes on reflection, it would amuse me to think "disgruntled fans" would be p*issed off by it. If you are not "disgruntled", then you shouldn't have a problem with it... :D ;) ;)

Stoo

Darth Vile said:
Hhhmm... Arguing that the Special Edition of ANH has LESS callousness and 'gore' simply because of a nano seconds worth of change is like arguing that ANH is now much more focused on the story of Jabba the Hutt and Han Solo. However, using a bit of common sense, any such change is not reflective of the overall tone/content/movie. Neither is it evidence enough to prove that Lucas is on a quest to retro "soften" his life's work. I'd give you more credence if you were suggesting it was purely a financial exercise (which it might well be for all I know).
I'm not talking about the overall 'tone', I'm talking strictly on a technical level so you're missing my point, Vile. (By the way, the "LESS callousness" is a reference to the softened Greedo scene, not the prison block trimming.;))
Darth Vile said:
Who is changing the subject? As you seem to be someone who regularly uses smilies, I thought you'd get that my original post was done with a modicum of tongue in cheek (please see my original paragraph you quoted). I was half joking before, but yes on reflection, it would amuse me to think "disgruntled fans" would be p*issed off by it. If you are not "disgruntled", then you shouldn't have a problem with it... :D ;) ;)
I don't have a problem with it. As stated previously, I would like to own a legit copy of the re-done jeep/cliff shot.

Keep in mind, folks, that these films are not entirely George Lucas' babies. Any possible changes made for a Blu-ray release would most likely rest with Spielberg...y'know, the director.

Morning Bell

Considering this year marks the 30th anniversary of Raiders I see no reason why this shouldn't happen. Deleted scenes and commentary would be amazing but I'm not holding my breath for those.

Montana Smith

Morning Bell said:
Considering this year marks the 30th anniversary of Raiders I see no reason why this shouldn't happen. Deleted scenes and commentary would be amazing but I'm not holding my breath for those.

Lucas would be up for commentary, but probably not Spielberg, unless he was cajoled. And if so, that would be a special 30th anniversary present to the fans.

Darth Vile

Rocket Surgeon said:
Those are the big ones...I wouldn't mind them cleaned up.

Indy1Jones2 said:
Plane scenes explosions The Blimp scene in Crusade. It looked so fake. That's all I can think of.:D

Agreed... the exploding plane in TOD and some of the messerschmitt shots in TLC (specifically the demise by seagulls).

Being greedy; I'd love to see some new... more elaborate (but subtle) digital matte shots to open up Cairo/Shanghai/Venice etc. but that'll never happen.