What video game would make a good movie?

jamesdude

I personaly would like to see a Sonic the Hedgehog movie made, Tobey Mcguire would be perfect as the voice of Sonic.

DocWhiskey

Even though it was a comic first, I'd love to see The Darkness get made into a movie. I would also say Max Payne, BUT that coming out this month. I really hope its half as good as the games.

Deckard

Half Life. and Half-Life 2.

MIT Engineer Gordon Freeman takes a job at Black Mesa, a government research facility in New Mexico. During a test on a mysterious rock sample, he causes a resonance cascade which opens a portal between dimensions.

The result is a hostile alien race being unleashed in the facility. Unknown to the science team and security, the Marines are sent in to kill everyone and keep it queit. But they also underestimate the situation so Navy Seals deliver a Nuclear Device right before Gordon makes it out into the alternate dimension known as Xen. The mysterious G-man who follows your progress from afar then puts you into some sort of cryo-stasis.

In part 2, Gordon wakes up in an unknown european city, realising the events of Black Mesa were not contained and caused the apocalypse. He has no defined goal by the G-Man, but becomes a sort of savior of the survivors, who are now under the control of an advanced alien race. I know it sounds alittle odd, but if you've played the game, you know it kicks some serious ass.

Other games, Halo is obvious.

Starfox could be pretty cool for a video game flick, but anoher really really good one, would be The Legend of Zelda. Aim it at adults who played the originals for gameboy and NES and SNES even. Just don't cheapen it for younger kids.

Last edited:

Ska

Ha Goodsport!

I'd like to see an Uncharted series.

Resident Evil (the first game with the mansion)

Tomb Raider (again the first game)

Vagrant Story (from PS1)

Zelda

Raiders90

King's Quest I-VIII
Conquests of Camelot
Conquests of the Long Bow
Space Quest I-VI
Kingdom Hearts I-II
Gabriel Knight I-II-III
Phantasmagoria
Baldur's Gate I and II

agentsands77

I'm generally opposed to the idea of video game adaptations. The source material is rarely worth turning into a film (the strengths of video games are so rarely the strengths of film).

No Ticket

michael said:
I really think the Legend of Zelda could be good with the right people making it.

But you know they'd only get the wrong people. So it's probably for the best they never make it. lol.

Indy's brother

Metal Gear Solid (ps1) would be great as a mini series, with each episode ending with a boss-fight! I know a project for a feature-length film is in talks, but it's been a while since I've heard anything, *ahem*, solid.

No Ticket

Indy's brother said:
Metal Gear Solid (ps1) would be great as a mini series, with each episode ending with a boss-fight! I know a project for a feature-length film is in talks, but it's been a while since I've heard anything, *ahem*, solid.

Hahaha.... yeah actually that would make a very good film. The games themselves are already pretty decent "films" if you ask me. But if they make one I'd like it to NOT be based on any pre-existing stories. Just brand new.

Deckard

I believe Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six and Splinter Cell movies are in pre-production. Those should be pretty cool, Splinter Cell has alot of potential.