Indiana Jones & Super Bowl XXIX

Stoo

*sigh* I still can't believe this hasn't been uploaded by someone to YouTube yet.:mad: It wouldn't be lost if a certain Indyologist would get her VHS transferred to DVD.;)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
At 2:45, Patti LaBelle: "Well, Indiana Jones, you got your trophy back. So now tell me sugar, what's next?"
Indiana Jones: "I'm giving it to the winner of Super Bowl 29!"
Patti LaBelle: "Well that's the right attitude baby!"

Perhaps this is the pivotal moment in Indy's character arc when he goes from "fortune and glory" to ""it belongs in a museum." At 5:10 when he and Marion are in the back swaying arms to Tim Rice I expected Indy to take out his lucky lighter...

Fantastic find, JuniorJones!

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Moedred said:
At 2:45, Patti LaBelle: "Well, Indiana Jones, you got your trophy back. So now tell me sugar, what's next?"
Indiana Jones: "I'm giving it to the winner of Super Bowl 29!"
Patti LaBelle: "Well that's the right attitude baby!"

Perhaps this is the pivotal moment in Indy's character arc when he goes from "fortune and glory" to ""it belongs in a museum." At 5:10 when he and Marion are in the back swaying arms to Tim Rice I expected Indy to take out his lucky lighter...

Fantastic find, JuniorJones!

Happy to help. It's just nice to contribute.

harvey

MY EYES!!! MY EYES!!! :eek:

What did IJ have to do with any of that? Epic fail. Here...let me put it out of its misery... :gun:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I9VULY2Aby4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have change the link to the direct source.

If you are a Patti Labelle fan and I think you should be, then pay a visit to LaBelleOfTheBall2 for without them we would be seeing this fantastic clip.

"If you love Patti LaBelle, there's no better place in the world to be. Come get your fix, and let her take you over that rainbow again and again with her breath-taking vocals and piercing emotion. Or simply let me entertain you with unique remixes, original spoofs, any and everything Patti-related. Interviews, performances, music, past and present...you're sure to find it here."

With love,

--LOTB(2)--

Stoo

JuniorJones said:
Hopefully, the important bits will be added...
The half-time shows are generally, what, 10-12 minutes long? Since this clocks in at 5:34, it's basically 50% of the 'event'. Let's hope the rest gets uploaded sowewhere sometime so our heads can implode like Dietrich's.:eek:
harvey7297 said:
What did IJ have to do with any of that? Epic fail. Here...let me put it out of its misery...:gun:
More accurately, what did "any of that" have to do with Indiana Jones? It's purpose was meant to be a big bugdet promo for the "Forbidden Eye" ride at Disney.:eek:
JuniorJones said:
I have change the link to the direct source.
I noticed that you originally posted the direct source and then erased it almost immediately. The video in post #27 was the same thing but smaller dimensions (Did you do that, Junior?) and it was titled as Part 1. In fact, this portion is not Part 1 because it's missing the whole bit at the beginning where "Indy" gets the trophy - which is the most interesting part of this disastrous fiasco.

Anyway, THANK YOU, Junior for finding this clip!(y) You certainly are a 'top man'! Of that, there is no doubt.:hat:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
I noticed that you originally posted the direct source and then erased it almost immediately. The video in post #27 was the same thing but smaller dimensions (Did you do that, Junior?) and it was titled as Part 1. In fact, this portion is not Part 1 because it's missing the whole bit at the beginning where "Indy" gets the trophy - which is the most interesting part of this disastrous fiasco.

When they originally posted the recording it was without the Indiana Jones section as it was for a Patti LaBelle fan-site.

They simply edited it out from the original recording. I emailed them to ask them to include Indiana Jones edits . I am waiting for a response.

The original poster requested that I linked from the original source.

Forbidden Eye

Wow, I've been curious about this for years, don't know how I missed this(maybe I didn't miss it and was just trying to forget it ;) ).

Anyway, with the Superbowl just around the corner, I think this is worthy of a bump.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Yousa never gonna believe this, but we taped it. And we never watched sports. Unlabelled, in between a bunch of PBS travelogues, SLP on Maxell HGX-Gold. 11:20, plus a snippet after the ads of smoke clearing and stage deconstruction.

Recording starts amidst a plug for the ride: "Hold on, I got a bad feeling about this." The only bit that's missed. Got everything else from "Bring to me the trophy" to fade out.

They did the captions on the fly. Lion King lyrics:
Tony Bennett: "I can feel it force force you, feel the love tonight where we are. It's enough for this wide-I don'ted wonderer that we got this far."
Patti Labelle: "It's enough force force the very best."
I think 'force' is a command to skip an incomprehensible word or phrase...

Stoo

Moedred said:
Yousa never gonna believe this, but we taped it. And we never watched sports. Unlabelled, in between a bunch of PBS travelogues, SLP on Maxell HGX-Gold.
Lucky you, Moe!:D That was must have quite the surprise when you discovered it on the tape!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Rocket Surgeon said:
...and yousa goin to post it on YousaTube?
Yes, as soon as I learn how. Feel free to direct me to tutorials. Does a 10+ minute video require a special account? I'll also Vimeo it or do whatever else I have to to preserve the best possible video quality... and keep the original of course.

It's our Holiday Special and I had it all along... careful what you throw out folks.

Moedred said:
Yes, as soon as I learn how. Feel free to direct me to tutorials. Does a 10+ minute video require a special account? I'll also Vimeo it or do whatever else I have to to preserve the best possible video quality... and keep the original of course.

It's our Holiday Special and I had it all along... careful what you throw out folks.
I think YouTube initially allows up to 15 minutes, but I'm not certain.

I know some shareware video / DVD rippers have that 10 minute limit unless you purchase.

I'd say just dive in...I used Windows Movie Maker to edit the Dennis Miller Ark of the Covenant Joke and there are multiple resolution options, even one for you tube.

But I just chose the best few, tested a few moments and chose the best.

I think it came out well...I can't imagine your VHS copy being much better:

Stoo

Me said:
One can find almost every halftime show from the '90s but NOT 1995!:mad:
Pale Horse said:
Which, as I hear, is the way George and Mickey want it.
You never elaborated on what you heard, Paley. If this is true, it's something to consider. Would the Higher Powers remove this particular upload if they found it?:confused:
Rocket Surgeon said:
I'm sure it will surface again some day.
Yeah, and the whole time it was sitting under Moe's nose!:eek: This is a wonderful story and an IMPORTANT discovery!(y)(y)(y)
Moedred said:
...careful what you throw out folks.
Kind of like the Renoir painting that someone recently sold at a flea market for $7!:eek:

If you need help for uploading to YouTube, I will gladly assist. Otherwise, StooTV would be happy to host it (you'd be given full credit, pisano.;)) but my account has already been penalized for copyright infringement and I definitely don't want a 2nd warning.

"Is it safe?":confused: (Laurence Olivier - Marathon Man - 1976)