Amelia Earhart found?

Social media seems more interested in this than the Jack the Ripper solution. And I thought "eaten by coconut crabs" was the end all.

Finn

Staff member
featofstrength said:
Social media seems more interested in this than the Jack the Ripper solution. And I thought "eaten by coconut crabs" was the end all.
When the list of potential suspects is filled with lords and royalty, and the true culprit turns out to be an insane barber living in a hovel, I guess it can feel a little anticlimatic and not very buzzworthy.

WilliamBoyd8

Found again!

Investigators claim long-lost photo shows Amelia Earhart after her plane vanished

A new documentary claims a photo from 1937 discovered in the National Archives shows aviator Amelia Earhart and navigator Fred Noonan in Japanese custody, indicating the pair might have survived when their plane disappeared over the Pacific Ocean.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/investi...shows-amelia-earhart-after-her-plane-vanished

Airing Sunday on the History channel ...

:)

WilliamBoyd8

Here we go again:

Researcher claims "convincing" new evidence in Amelia Earhart mystery
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/amelia-earhart-bones-found-in-1940-belong-to-pilot-researcher-claims

The US Post Office found her a long time ago:

post_stamp_ameliaearhart.jpg

Amelia Earhart airmail stamp

:)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
In 1941 after Pearl Harbor the Pacific Clipper was forced to fly around the world from San Francisco to New York. Here's a more detailed account. It took a month.

In the TV series Into the Night, it's done in a day, to stay on the other side of the Earth from the sun which is killing everything.

Lance Quazar

In 1941 after Pearl Harbor the Pacific Clipper was forced to fly around the world from San Francisco to New York. Here's a more detailed account. It took a month.

In the TV series Into the Night, it's done in a day, to stay on the other side of the Earth from the sun which is killing everything.

Like any good archaeologist, Moedred is really digging up the past today by refreshing so many old, old threads. :)