Second Official Poster Released!

Sandindy

Do you guys know if there is going to be another poster coming out or is this it? I am wondering this because I have all 3 original on my wall and if this is the final one I am going to order this.

PhantomStranger

MY GOD!! That is such a cool poster! Drew Struzan is amazing. I have the other Indy posters hanging in my living room, I guess I have to make room for one more.

fatima

I *love it* perfect by all means, first: keeps the classic drawing, his face is stading up from the rest of the characters and we see a small one of him in action running away from the indians. Secondly, his expression is sooo FINE, he does not look tough, he looks gorgeous with that slight grin. Thirdly, I'm glad Marion is smiling, we see there is someone not as serious at last, the crystal skull is the movie's symbol so being in the middle is the right place to be, and I must say I just like a lot about the Mayan pyramid and all the jungle envrionemnt! so 10 points for the poster!!! ;-)

Snakes

AWESOME! This is indeed a fantastic poster. Reminds me of the Last Crusade poster a lot. This new one definitely has the Indy feel to it. I've been waiting for the 2nd poster before I buy posters for the other films. The new definitely has the Indy feel to it. (y)

metalinvader

xVendetta17x said:
It's supposed to be under the Jacket
It's the way Amsel drew it in the original Raiders poster

What RA means is in every KotCS photo and video we've seen Indy has the bag over his jacket but the new poster has the bag under his jacket...Strange indeed!

Last edited:

Matt Holcomb

Grave Robber said:
The poster looks great...but Shiah's presence on it...I dunno something just doesn't seem right
Found this on the Chud.com message board:

"Well, I regret to inform you all that I was indeed wrong. According to Drew himself, who I just got off the phone with, his posters are no longer just his own artwork. Indeed they have been digitally raping his paintings. He didn't want to go into specifics about it. But such was the case with Revenge of the Sith and this new Indiana Jones poster."

Here's the link to the thread:

http://chud.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106630

sandiegojones

Dr.Sartorius said:
Yeah some random poster at CHUD talked to Drew Struzan on the phone...:rolleyes:

Well, I didn't post that at CHUD (I never go there) but I used to live and work in Pasadena and Drew was a customer of mine. If you go to his website and send an email he WILL respond too. He always does. When the ROTS poster came out he confirmed that Lucasfilm took art from 2 posters he made and combined them to make one poster. That's why Anakin looks funny on that poster. It's the same issue I have with this. The large image of Indy's face doesn't seem to fit the composition of the rest of the poster because it was likely for another piece of art.

Playmount

Oops!

Dr.Sartorius said:
Yeah some random poster at CHUD talked to Drew Struzan on the phone...:rolleyes:

He apparently did. I duplicated a post I made in this thread over at CHUD and got into an argument with a poster there who thought that my claim that Struzan's new work had been altered by Lucasfilm was ludicrous... so I posted Struzan's email and phone number that is available on his official website over at CHUD and told the guy that if he was skeptical he should email Drew or call him in the morning and ask if it was true.

I included California next to the number as Drew does on his site but the idiot called him at 4:00 in the morning.

Again, sorry Drew... if you're reading this. I removed the number from the CHUD thread. Your artwork will always be great no matter who screws with it.

crowmagnumman

I don't know for sure if I'll like the final movie or not, but I think Drew Struzan really got it right with this poster. Maybe it has been altered a bit, but the Struzan sole of it seems intact. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with it. It looks awesome. I'm so glad they didn't try to do something completely different than the other posters. Drew Struzan is the king of poster art.