Why Do We Love Temple of Doom?

Redinight421

I would not say it's my favorite. But, it has some of the better qualities of Indy films for me now and when I was younger. When I was younger I wanted to be Short Round, he made it my favorite film at the time.

Mola Ram is the best villain period. All the villains were great.

Indy was a true hero in TOD. He saved children and gave the stone back to its people.

It had some real tension in the movie too.

Redinight421 said:
It had some real tension in the movie too.
It's going to be a rocky road to Dublin...

If you mean the tension from trying to decide if Temple was an elaborate prank on Raiders fans or...

Redinight421

Rocket Surgeon said:
It's going to be a rocky road to Dublin...

If you mean the tension from trying to decide if Temple was an elaborate prank on Raiders fans or...

I don't know. It had more tension than Skull and I never really felt it in Crusade when I was young. I was 6 or so when I watched the films on HBO in 1991. I guess I don't have any feelings of betrayal from sequels prequels to some of the most beloved film franchises

Why do we Love Temple of Doom?
The whore nightclub singer who's for sale.
Young children whipped, slave in the gloom.
Exquisite torture and murder of the occasional male.

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
The whore nightclub singer who's for sale.
Young children whipped, slave in the gloom.
Exquisite torture and murder of the occasional male.

Yeah. For all that.

I like it when you talk dirty.

Tell me some more. :p

michael

Would be funny if you went to an open mic, took out the first and last sentence, and said guess what movie this is from!

TheMutt92

I love TOD because of these sequences:
The Musical Opening
The Spikes
The Heart Ripping/Whipping/Voodoo Doll
The Mine Cart Chase
The Bridge

And lastly, because of John Williams score

The Man

Raiders is the brain, Crusade the heart and Skull the cheesy grin, but Temple is the balls! A swaggering, great big pair of brass ones! Indy would be far less the guy we love without them. Those who wish to disagree can kiss 'em both.

kongisking

The Man said:
Raiders is the brain, Crusade the heart and Skull the cheesy grin, but Temple is the balls! A swaggering, great big pair of brass ones! Indy would be far less the guy we love without them. Those who wish to disagree can kiss 'em both.

Most badass post ever. I agree, with both this and Forbidden Eye's fabulous list.

Darth Vile

The Man said:

Lol - I think Temple is more to the rear of the balls area... ;)

Darth Vile said:
I think the "bad-ass" quotient has been raised!:hat:

But I'd say it's more like swamp-ass.

A by-product of a sweaty adventure, it's uncomfortable, annoying and it stinks...

The Man

Darth Vile said:

Rocket Surgeon said:
I think the "bad-ass" quotient has been raised!:hat:

But I'd say it's more like swamp-ass.

A by-product of a sweaty adventure, it's uncomfortable, annoying and it stinks...

Who's to suck and who's to pucker up? I shall leave the pleasure of choice to thee, boys. ;)

The Man said:
...Temple is the balls! A swaggering, great big pair of brass ones! Indy would be far less the guy we love without them. Those who wish to disagree can kiss 'em both.

Thanks for the invitation, that's mighty cosmopolitan of ye...but I don't play for the "other side."

Good luck dredging up takers though!:hat:

Last edited:

Montana Smith

The Man said:
Who's to suck and who's to pucker up? I shall leave the pleasure of choice to thee, boys. ;)

Is the Temple of Doom a euphamism for some other kind of dungeon?

That would account for all the slavery, torture, bondage, chains, whipping, and men with big choppers.

Did Lucas and Spielberg really sneak this one under everyone's noses as fun for all the family? :confused:

:p

The Man

Montana Smith said:
Is the Temple of Doom a euphamism for some other kind of dungeon?

That would account for all the slavery, torture, bondage, chains, whipping, and men with big choppers.

Did Lucas and Spielberg really sneak this one under everyone's noses as fun for all the family? :confused:

:p

Ha! There is quite a lashing of homo-erotica to be found, indeed. Georgie can be super-subversive when he wants to be.